*Ah....ah...ACHOO!!*

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

The_Sweetest_Thing

MacPhisto's serving wench
Quite frankly, I'm not fan of people who don't bless you when you sneeze. Or say Guszundheight or something. I try to do it when I hear someone sneeze (at least people I know). What does it take to say two words? Geez. It makes the person feel so much better.

Don't people have any manners? Or any common courtesy?

(Note: I've been sounding bitter for a few days now. I apologize)

----------------
*Then you stumble over tomorrow and trip over today...*

[This message has been edited by The_Sweetest_Thing (edited 04-08-2002).]

I agree. I'm also not a fan of people who think if they cover it with their hand, it's gone. The germs go right onto their hands and everything they touch. It should be covered with a hanky or tissue. I have actually gone so far as to sneeze down my shirt, or to roll down the car window and sneeze out to spare others my germs. Also, most people notice the germ/hand thing but are too ashamed to say anything. I believe 80% of colds and flu could be prevented if people were more careful with their germs, and others were not afraid to complain. They'd rather catch the disease and suffer!

------------------
"I DO go on, don't I?"-Bono, MCI Center, DC, June 14, 2001

One of my good friends used to say "Curse you!" everytime someone sneezed.
biggrin.gif
His reasoning..."Why would I bless someone for giving me germs?" Dark humour perhaps, but strangely true.

I don't like to say "bless you" (I do it to be polite though)...I feel that I am of no authority to be blessing people.

------------------
"I'm nearly great, but there's something missing..."

In the olden days they used to say 'Bless you' because they believed that your sould left you wehn you sneezed. Saying 'Bless you' would bring it back....

The Nursery ryhme 'Ring around the roseys' is about is about the plague in England if I am not mistaken.

Back
Top Bottom