The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My fiancee and I are the same age.(We're both 34) I dated older women and younger women. I liked the older ones better. lol! But, I'm very happy that my fiancee and I are the same age.
I've seen lots of women date men considerably older. Probably because maybe when a guy is 27, he's got the same maturity level as an 18 year old woman. Lol! Just kidding...Anyway, that's a subject I won't even touch.

*browneyedgirl* said:
I've been married for 24 years to a man 13 and a half years older and i love him more now than ever, I met him when I was 16 and I think that's not legal, but he always said age is a mind of matter, if you don't mind it don't matter, but I always thought that stament was corney and redneck. :silent:

:lmao: too much...

My just-separated ex was five years younger and at times it was an issue (he was 17 when we met ::ohmy: ); he was in no way ready for a committed relationship and a kid at 21, but...

A guy I just met is 4 years younger but waaay more mature; I often feel years less emotionally mature than my age (33) anyway. I have two kids but sometimes I feel like I'm"playing" grown up, that I'm still only 16:huh:

i only go out with people the exact same age as me, and i mean born on the same day

thats why headache and i are lovers

My ex-fiance was 13 years older than me, and we first started talking online when I was 15. :uhoh: We had chatted for so long before we even thought to ask each other our ages. :huh: By the time we realized the age difference, we were already too good of friends to let that keep us from talking to each other. We ended up not meeting in person until I was 19 though.

Mr. Blu is only 3 1/2 months older than me, so it's never been an issue for us. My brother on the other hand, married a woman who's almost 10 years older than him. They make a really great couple though, because he really is mature and she's young at heart. There are still some weird moments though, since she has children from previous relationships. For example, when they got married my brother became step-father to a child that was only 10 years younger than himself! And a few years ago, thanks to the same stepson, my brother became a grandfather at the ripe old age of 30. :lmao: That continues to crack me up - and when my brother starts griping & sounds too much like our dad used to, I tell him he's becoming a grumpy grandpa. :lol:

BluRmGrl said:

There are still some weird moments though...

I am 55....
My mother-in-law is 58..
My father-in-law is 47..(char's step-dad)
My wife is 40...
My daughter is near 32...
My son is near 29
My son is 22
My son is near 20

I love my in-laws; they trust me with their daughter and I will not let them down...

ps...I only HAVE TO SEE THEM twice a year and they live 10 miles away!! :hyper:

My parents are nearly 20 years apart in age - my mother came out here from England when she was 25, and met my father soon after, who was 45. They're still together 35-odd years later :)

My first boyfriend was about 17 years older than me, we met when I was 23... I guess I was just following my mother's example! :wink: Although that time it was English guy/Australian girl, rather than the other way round.
The age thing really was a non-issue for me, I think the guy was more freaked out than I was.

Obviously there's a point beyond which you really have to wonder (ie, 20-year-olds with 80-year-olds... :yikes: ), but for the most part, I don't think age difference should be an issue between people who love each other.

My cousin is 25 and she's dating a guy that is 46...I don't really think it's a problem. It's her life. We never know, maybe one day I'll be dating a guy that's way older than me!

my husband is 12 years older than me, I'm like Lila and always liked older men, lol!

At the time we met I didn't think it was a very big deal, I was 18 and he was 30. Now that I have a teenage daughter of my own, though, the idea of her being with a guy that much older is :yikes:

I agree that the older you get the less an age gap seems to matter. I'm 34 and he's 46 now and it barely seems like any difference at all.

Age is only a number.... other factors are more important in a relationship's sucess. My Ex husband was 2 mos older than me. He is an idiot. After my divorce I was seeing a guy 9 years younger then me and it was great. Another guy I dated & remain good friends with is 4 years younger than me. Age difference doesn't matter to me.

Now something like Ana Nicole Smith being 26 and marrying an 86 year old man, that bothers me. :eyebrow:

Lancemc said:
Well, once I make my break into the music industry and marry Jenny Lewis, she'll be 12 years older than me. :drool:

:shifty:

Off-topic, sorry, but had to reply to someone who mentions Jenny Lewis. :drool: I love her beyond words. :heart:

Jenny Lewis is 13 years older than me and I'm female, and I'll still fight you for her. :wink:

My dad is 49 and his wife is 31, and they're like made for each other. Age is (most of the time) only a number, I know a 16 year-old who is more mature than most 20 year-olds I know..

Back
Top Bottom