after swearing i wouldn't, i can't help myself...i want a fifth tattoo!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
that is nice SFB, the cross, the dove, the hearts

did you know the design of the fluer de lise on each heart is based on the Iris(probably, but it's a cool little detail imho)
It's summer in Oz...well in a week or two officially. I went to a kid's party at the beach a couple of weekends ago. Good chance to check out body art. A young guy had a tatt in the place I was thinking of and about the same size. He only had to move a few metres away an instead of art , it looked like a black blemish on his back.
So being a card carrying low-pain-threshold wimp....it's not for me.cost and trusting an artist are biggies too It was fun to dream out loud with y'all.
I saw my doctor in the street the other day, he looked uncomfortable........see, traumatised by the glimpse of my "tattoo". Are you meant to speak to your doctor away from his surgery?I'm not up on these things. Hub says the Dr must have so many patients he would not know who is who unless he has your record in front of him. ahhwell...I'll continue to say G'day..gandalf :sexywink:

bye lovely girls:wave:

thanks for that little detail! in the huguenot cross, the 12 total leaves of the fluer de lise each stand for one of the 12 followers of christ. :)

martha said:
It's ok cass; we love you anyway.

I'm going in on Saturday to make the appointment for number eight!! :D :D

what are you getting?!?

i've probably read this somewhere, but what are your others of? do you have pictures? i'd love to know more...:)

i wanted to get another tattoo now, but the money i was going to use to do it seems to have suddenly disappeared. my checking account is mysteriously overdrawn by like $60.00 :scratch:

Stories for Boys said:

what are you getting?!?

i've probably read this somewhere, but what are your others of? do you have pictures? i'd love to know more...:)

I don't have any pix of the seven I have cos I don't have a digital camera. I could take snapshots of them, but I can't get attachments to upload right (yet). The new one comes from a page of an Islamic prayer book. It'll be a blue arch that's got some filligree-style stuff on it. It's going on my upper left arm, right above my Siva flames, which are visible in some of the Vegas pix in the Vegas thread. If I figure out how to do that, I'll post that one here. I've got an old Om on my right upper shoulder, a star (my first tat) on my lower right forearm, Tibetan leaves that look like a henna tat on my right upper arm, a vine from a Mughal painting on my left wrist, a design from an ancient Korean tile on my upper middle back, and an Islamic vine-like design on my right back that almost goes over my right shoulder.

You can see that I like Eastern art. It's got great decorative elements to it that make great tattoos!

335%3A7%3B3523232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2327%3D954%3D%3B7%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E23233526738%3B8ot1lsi

Last edited:
thanks mate...u can get some realistic temporary one..kind of

is there a link between the teaching profession and tattoos....and the USA? My neice got two new tatts as a souvenir of her time in NC, on one of her trips to Florida...better than a snowdome(do they have snowdomes in Florida? that sounds sa bit silly). I think she's got quite a collection now...of tattooes, not snowdomes!!
CASS!!!
My son's mate is starting to spend up big now on tatts. I think we did him a service the other day and talked him out of getting Ned Kelly. He has a cow skull( taurus) and a big coloured dragon on his arms...Ned just doesn't fit in there. He got his nipple pierced too...and it's infected..blargh!
I heard a body piercer on th eradio the other day, saying Australia is about 3-4 years behind the USA in what is in fashion. Look out Aussies...width is the next big thing, great wide barbell things, inserted...eww.
You mentioned the vine on your back. Hub's band sometimes plays at car and bike shows. They often have tattoo displays and competitions(why do they call them wet tshirt comps?...they don't wear t shirts...misnomer). He said one woman's whole back he saw recently was an eagle's wing...she must like eagles.

Humans......hairy and decorative and wonderfully diverse:yes: :wave:

:up:

i can't wait to get mine...but i'm going with a friend and she wants to wait for a bit longer yet...anyway, i'm excited! and a bit scared...

Number eight went on yesterday! It's right above the flames you see in the picture above. It's dark blue and in sort of an arch-like shape. It's from an Islamic book, so it's delicate and beautiful. Someday, when I figure out how to attach pics big enough to see, I'll do just that.

sounds cool! :D snapfish can be your friend, martha. :wink:

since i'm not getting my wisdom teeth worked on for another two weeks (after christmas, thank god), i wish i could get one done this weekend, so it'll be like 95% healed by the time his parents come.

i'm not sure what to do for that one i originally talked about, but i wanted to get my husband's initials written under my melon baby tattoo (it'll read like mcd :heart: wjd).

I've been to the beach again...inspirational

when my son gets his big one fro his 18th birthday ( boy I had better start saving for that..I have an 18th and 21st and 50th birthday to plan...and pay for) I am getting a teeny butterfly and a crescent moon...in a secret location.
I do think the designs across the lower spine are nice.

Have you ever seen a travel doco"Pilot Guide to.."? my fave TV show of 2002. Last week he went to Tahiti and filmed while a 14 year old girl got her traditional leg tattoos....the knees must smart a bit.They said "tatto" is a Polynesian word meaning"open wound" They used the traditional tool , the artist said fater about 2 hours it doesn't hurt so much. it would bring shame to the family if she carried on. NO ONE EVER does not get the complete job done in one session. The "Pilot Guide.." presenter got a tiny star on his ankle, he said "If I start crying ..remember, I'm not Tahitian!! he handled it and actaully enjoyed it and said"hmmm,I'd like another" A bit of fun.
Stay wonderful and colourful :yes: :wave:

:edge: :larry: :adam: :heart: :bono: :combust:

been checking out tatts again

when i went to see Pennyblack recently, one of the barmaids had to reach to a high shelf. I noticed she had two very well drawn frangipanis and a few leaves on her lower spine. Very subtle and frangipanis arte very special to me.
My neice has a new tatt since I last saw her ( she doesn't want to be a school teacher any more either!) She came home from her first year at University with the very tatt I had always mentioned, a seahorse on her ankle. Now she has my other idea, a butterfly. It's a celtic design type butterfly, but instead of being to the side of her groin, which is where I thought one should go, it's smack bang in the middle...different. I heard her little brain tick over when I mentioned the frangipani one I liked.
So I'm warming to the idea....2 frangipanis and a butterfly...tiny one. My sister reckons we should all get the seahorse on our ankle.....and they don't think they will be able to tattoo over my son's scars, what a shame.
Martha love, if you read this....
HAPPY BIRTHDAY To You
happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear martha
Happy birthday
to
yooooooooooooooooooooooouuuuuuu.
:angel: :dance: :kiss: :hug:

funny thing...imho

I have mentioned in other threads how much I enjoy reading the words of the local Anglican Bishop. He writes a column in our local paper each weekend. he has resigned from our diocese and will be leaving in February:wave:
So it's not just me that checks out tatts at the beach...phew!
An extract from what he wrote in yesterday's paper,

"HOLY DAYS"
" Swimming in the surf at Yamba, I noticed a young man's tattoo.
Big across his shoulder blades: "Freedom". A Christmas present perhaps. If so, it was definitely more interesting than extra gifts of shirts and socks......."
(me again.... he goes on to talk about "holy days" and "holidays" and "renewal")
the bishop continues
".....An elderly gentleman said to me recently that, in all his living, he's met just a few genuinely holy people.
For him the distinguishing characteristic is that they "left me feeling the generosity of God" He said he'd met many other people who'd left him feeling judged and found wanting.
It's relatively easy to have that effect on people. Imagine if those who know us, find we make them aware of divine generosity. That would be nice.
They'd feel free in our company, with or without a tattoo.
Happy, holy days
Bishop Philip."

so fancy that eh? even the bish. has something to say about tattoos!!
As soon as I have the spare $$$$$ I'm getting ink done!
I watched the INXS documentary with a bunch of lovely Michael Hutchence loving women last night.( my goodness, did they do some ohhhing and ahhhhing. 2 of us have husbands called Michael..so we can get that tattoed on our ass and they will think they mean them.....
nah, the butterfly is more...tasteful, I hope.
:sexywink:
My son knows I have been thinking about tatts. He has been busily designing his.....keep it small son, I'm paying for it!!!

now you've done it!! dada, my frangipani stories..

they have pervaded my life. I love them. My aunty decorates celebratory cakes for our family. She hand-made the most beautiful frangipanis from sugar for my wedding cake. I had them in a container in the fridge for almost 10 years. But one day seriously sweet-toothed hub was left home alone. I was in shock for a while...he had eaten my keepsake frangis...and felt no remorse...or stomach ache.Story One

They grow everywhere in the area where I grew up. I now have one I grew from a cutting outside my bedroom window and I love the way the fragrance wafts in the window on warm nights. They are usually white, but I just brought home a cutting of a pink one from my sister's garden. Story Two

See my thread in ZC "aloha, if u need a good laugh" if you are feeling brave. Story Three

I stood under a frangipani tree when I gave my wedding vows. A huge old old one, I love it.Story Four

I once recall one of the guys from "the eagles" talking about the writing of "Hotel California". he said nothiing rhymed with frangipani, so they looked up a botanical book and gave it it's less common name. It appears in a line in that song....I can't recall the word now...clematis maybe?( nah can't be..what rhymes with clematis?)it's there in that song anyways..i thought that was funny. Story Five

My nickname when I was a kid was Pamela Peach Blossom. I just found an old movie , made in Ireland on video. It was somewhat inspired by Elvis presleys' movie "roustabout" It is called "Eat A Peach" which they say on the cover is Irish for "GO FOR IT". Story Six

So now I am envisioning a peach, two frangipanis and a small butterfly. I won't make the deciding on the location for the tatt Story Seven...but geez i had a good laugh and think it is a good idea.

I was going to ask you how much it hurts? will I cope?...but crikey I gave birth to 3 bouncing baby boys without drugs and without wimpering. I had my wisdom teeth pulled out with just local anaesthetic and was back at work the next day. I just wanted a cup of tea after a near fatal car crash...yah, I can cope. GIRL POWER!!!( knowing me I'll like it too much....wooohooo) I think I'll trust sharky to do it.

this is a frangipani, with a mango from my garden last summer. I can't believe it is fruiting again even in this dry weather. I'm an old groover....how embarrassing!!!

Attachments

• mango&frangipani.jpg
    mango&frangipani.jpg
    15.6 KB · Views: 60
Re: now you've done it!! dada, my frangipani stories..

cass said:

I was going to ask you how much it hurts? will I cope?...

Yeah, it can hurt, but it's nothing you can't handle. :wink:

They will look lovely in white, maybe with some yellow shading in the center. Depends on your skin tone and coloring. Ask Sharky. ;)

"the eagles " must have had a different botanical book

I looked up frangipani in my Stirling Macaboy"What Flower Is That?" book ....hmmmmmph
"PLUMERIA acutifolia -aka Graveyard Flower:eyebrow: Native of Mexico, tree 10 feet ( they get about 30 feet high here). " A set of antlers decked with posies" was one graphic description of this grotesque tropical tree and it's bare, blunt branches. But the flowers make it worth while; delicious , fragrant waxy blossoms that open profusely in warm weather..."

GROTESQUE!!! double hmmmph. I also don't know why they call the flowers delicious...they are poisonous, as found out by people who float them in punch bowls.
I was wondering about my skin...I have lots of freckles...bit like that mango up there:wink: I may have gone off the peach idea, but this morning was thinking how cute my paphuahua is( my small furry unidentified dog SFUD). So now it's getting bigger than Ben Hur...my 3 kids, my dogs and a butterfly all under a frangipani tree?? KIS S.

I have another tattoo story....a woman I met recently said there was a man in her town who was covered in tattoos, she thought he MUST be a rough nut. She got to know him, thought he was lovely and ended up marrying him. She said it's hard to find him in bed, he blends in with her paisley bed linen, he looks like a pillow slip. She also said she could not stand waking up each morning and looking at the naked lady on his back...so he went and had a skirt tattooed onto her.:eeklaugh:such love.

as my mother always said..." it takes all types to make a world"

I think I've got number 9 almost figured out! :hyper: I was digging out some papers underneath a desk (getting speakers; see pointless LS thread about my fucking boombox), and I found some color Xeroxes of Chinese butterflies! I'm thinking these would look good wrapped around my upper right arm. I saw a girl at the April Phoenix U2 show with butterflies all over her back. I didn't care for the work, but it was a lovely idea. Since I'm saving my back for Buddhist flames, I think these butterflies would look nice on my arm. It's a lot of color for me, but what the hell. I Xeroxed them because I wanted one on my shoulder, but I want to get bigger tats now. If the stipend for my last student teacher comes through next month, I'll see you up in Big Bear!!! :heart:

oooo..I love tattoos...hehe :) Especially on men...I saw a guy who had these awesome sleeves today :drool: :drool:...hopelessly addicted to boys with tattoos... :sexywink: I haven't got any yet, but i'm planning on it! As I've been to the parlor many times with friends I know what to expect. I'm going in December with Katelyn (BonoInAKilt) who is gonna get one for her 18th B-day. I've been thinking about getting one ever since I turned 18, five years ago...lol. I know i'm going to get something Celtic..either celtic knotwork or spirals. I was also thinking about working U2 in there some how, because I have been a fan my whole life...hehe. Do any of you have U2 tattoos?

Lori :mac: :

now that i have a job i need to consider getting my new tattoo. martha, do you have any ideas as to where i could get one done next? i don't really want one on my arm, and my ankles are already taken. i like to get them on places where i can show them off if i want but they can be covered up. i was thinking like my shoulder area, but i'm just not sure.

Middle of the upper back/bottom of the lower neck. It'll hurt like a mofo, but you can decide when to show it off by the clothing you wear. Just plan it out carefully so it's not too high or not so low that no one can see it at all unless you're nekkid.

Back
Top Bottom