Advice needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

flo_evans

The Fly
Hi!
I really like a guy from my college, so I have been thinking of dating him. I spoke with the guy several times, but I don't know how can I ask him if he wants to go on a date with me, neither I know how to behave in a date.
I need your help

Just ask him out for coffee, and - ridiculous as this sounds - be yourself!

Seriously, when I had my first real chance I suppose a few months ago, I was completely myself, and she liked that. I never thought it was going to work, 'being myself', but what the dinosaurs say is true!

:giggle: Dinosaurs.

Well but you're right tho. Just be yourself is the best advice there is. Don't go giggly or overdo things, just try to be calm and if you're nervous, it's no biggie. Be honest with the guy, and if you actually tell him you're quite nervous, he'll understand.

And as for asking out, you can do it in many ways, but a direct way would be the easiest. Ask him if he wants to go for a drink, or a movie or so.

I always wondered about that too. But if you click, then the conversation just ebbs and flows and you don't have to worry about pre-emption (is that a word?) nor thinking of questions. 'Talking shit' is the terminology we use.

If you like him, he should have received some vibes from you. Most guys can detect this, not all...but most.

Good luck.

As a guy I can't imagine there being a better feeling ever than being asked out by a girl, especially one I like.

I guess I can think of driving a Ferrari at a track day or my team Chelsea winning the Champion's League final.

Don't think about it much. When you're talking, just say "hey what are you doing at "this time" want to have some coffee or whatever?" then he'll either say "sure" or he'll say "thanks, but I'm gay or I have a girlfriend" and make sure to get his phone number or give him yours but in this case since you asked you probably have to call him.

Hardest thing for me in college has been to meet people. I haven't met ANY girls I like. Hate it.

Back
Top Bottom