Advice

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bonochick

Halloweenhead
Staff member
I agree with Sicy.

I'm sorry to hear about this problem...he's lucky to have somebody that cares about him so much though.

Sicy's dead on with the parent comment.

Last night, I talked to an old friend of mine I hadn't spoken with for a couple months. He was really into hard drugs and I never intervened. Surprisingly, he made the call to me and we discussed the past and the way things were. To my delight, he told me he quit buying drugs. His reason - waste of money, waste of time, and a waste of emotion. He still smokes pot, but it was the hard drugs that worried me. I felt relieved his body is clean now.

I'd definitely voice your concern if I were you. A majority of rave drugs are designer and may contain *anything* in them. There's no telling what those alien chemicals might do to his body in a decade's time.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
Basically, my issue is that if I come to him, he's going to be furious because I've been "spying" on him online.

I really don't think it can be considered "spying" though if he put this all in an online, public journal, ya know? It's not like you went to his house and went through his sock drawer.

Originally posted by HelloAngel:
It doesn't help that my boyfriend (his brother) is the type to but bad shit on the back burner and pretend it will go away.

even his brother's health and well being?

Blah.

((((( NOODLE )))))

I was going to say if its just pot and alcohol he is old enough and wise enough to know what he's doing but shit.. rave drugs are BAD. I think maybe you should try to talk to him first before telling his parents. Cuz most likely his parents will just lecture him and that could push him away more.

Good luck girl.
frown.gif

------------------
Sexy poshin' sugar snarlin' rock and roll ...

My Lair

sad, very sad.
confront him. tell him to tell his parents. and offer lots of support.
that would be my first inclination but i have no experience with this type of thing.

i hope you are able to help him in whatever way you can, if he lets you, and all works out.

I agree with Sicy. Talk to him first, then decide.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

[This message has been edited by ghetofabu (edited 04-30-2002).]

Yeah, Sicy's right about the parent thing. They would just make matters worse.

Part of me wants to say, let him learn by his mistakes. Unfortunately, his mistakes could lead to death.

My best friend is a totally different person because of "rave" drugs. He decided to try "E" for the first time, and ended up getting a bad pill. He couldn't sleep for months because he heard voices in his head.

If I ever find the person that did that to him, I'm gonna take the ice scraper in my car and give him a head ornament.

Talk to him first. Tell him you are worried and how much you care about him. If he blows you off, talk to his parents, but don't expect them to believe you right away. Tell them what you know and leave it at that. If he listens to you and agrees to get help, be there for him. If he tells you he doesn't need help, there's not much you can do. You can't make someone get help until they're ready.

I have been dealing with the type of thing with a close relative for almost 4 years and I have learned that no matter how much I want her to get better and help herself, I can't do it for her or force her do it.

[This message has been edited by Bono's American Wife (edited 04-30-2002).]

Originally posted by Bonochick:
I really don't think it can be considered "spying" though if he put this all in an online, public journal, ya know? It's not like you went to his house and went through his sock drawer.

He did put it online for God and the whole world to see.

------------------
When life hands you a lemon, say "Oh yeah, I like lemons. What else you got?" --Henry Rollins

Back
Top Bottom