ach I wanted to cry so badly last night! (after what mom told me)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
:hug: mum.

ach this may not make sense to whoever reads but, see, my mum is a homehelp, and has been for many years now........and totally regrets NOT doing something better with her life...........

but last night I just looked at her and wanted to scoop her up and take her away to a nice hot beach somewhere there and then for a break............cause of this:

Shes a homehelp with a Nursing Home, and, well, usually every year a wee Halloween party is thrown for the residents of the place..........no family relatives necessary like, its just more internal party with the person-in-charge......................well, taking charge! And he plays an organ, so last year it was successful with him playing tunes and mum had baked buns and carved and made faces out of two pumpkins and the like - a good turnout!

But last night.........I really really wanted to cry for her.............

she said ( and I thought it was for Thursday/tomorrow night!!!!!).......that the care-worker was invited to a bigger party elsewhere on Thursday, so the party was meant to be Tuesday night instead (last night - obviously! :rolleyes::D), but anyway she had hogged up lots of pumpkin buns, (which she stood and baked).......and the two pumpkin lanterns (which we both had fun carving out on Sunday)..........right? My wee mum hogged them up (I still have no car!)........and her and the care-taker stood round waiting...and a resident my mum knows even went and bought two apple-pies...........and they waited for the others...........no-one appeared.............the care-taker received several calls from residents sayin they 'werent coming down, they didnt feel well' (they are old pple - so I guess maybe)...............and apparantly the care-taker who was gonna play songs for them and all just said 'Ach blow this! Go on home sure' (to my mum)..........because it was such a disaster, but by gum!!!!!!!!! this care-taker is brave - and GOOD ON 'IM!!!!! For before my mum went, he went round every door and gave a couple of buns to each resident sayin my mum made an effort...................good on him for doin that!!!!!! :up::D (but like, poor mum......:sad:..)

I mean, I came home to my mum tellin me this and sayin that last year they even made spiders webs and ghost faces and stuff, and my mum is very artistic and is brilliant and teaches me things - which Im thankful for..........but

I just feel the sadness.........it was such a sad moment.........a sad situation.........

and right there and then wanted to cry...........but held it back.....

I just felt for her, makin all that effort.......

but even more so, that shes in the wrong job, with the wrong company.........she looked so lonely...............I wanted to wrap her up and take her away.....................I feel her loneliness

she even lost a lady she worked for (13 years) and was upset she never saw her at hospital before her stroke......:(

and I know she regrets it....the job.......

but still...............

even now Im welling up......thinkin about it.....
:sad:

:hug: X1,000 for you and your mum Maddie!!!!!

and totally regrets NOT doing something better with her life...........

Honey, I'm not sure what you mean by that, because there is nothing better than helping people.
Your mom is making a difference in other people's lives whether she realizes it or not. Being a nurse is an extremely hard job, and it takes a very special person to be able to do it. By making a difference in just one person's life makes her job worthwhile. It sounds like you have a wonderful, loving and caring mum, who raised you to be the same way...I'd say you can both come to my house because I sorta have a beach (it's on a lake).... but it won't be warm for another six or seven months.

:wave: Daisybean and :hug: to u too!!

Sorry doobiedoos........I should explain...mum isnt a nurse.....:D By homehelp I mean, lighting fires, shopping, cleaning, laundry, etc..........she dropped out of school early and got involved in this kind of work and got stuck with it...

when I say she regrets, I say she says she regrets because she also says she doesnt want me to end up like her - understandable......

she regrets, while she is very artistic, NOT going into window-dressing, artistic or creative jobs from when she was younger.....as well as regretting not learning to drive......thats what I mean.

this job tires her, and believe it or not but say outta 10, at least 5 or 6 would complain about the way things are done, or just complain in general and are fussy......while shes puttin her back out for them!

Now listen, I seriously have high respect for my mum in that job.................she is very popular due to her friendliness and effort.........lots of pple tell me they adore her.............and if anyone, or I hear anyone, PUTS/PUTTING her/others in that job down, so help them gawd.............Id give them a right mouthful, for my mum works her butt off....................and only I would know that really.

sure this delivery guy (someone like that) used to call into the building regular and used the toilet, but left it unflushed or dribbles of his piss down the seat and sides and when the Care-taker confronted him about it, he was like 'Sure the cleaner can do it/yer woman can do it' (something like this! - it was ages ago) - and basically he was referrin to my mum like this! MY mum! My mum, who has a name, and works hard, and is fuking expected to clean up after this fuker?

I was ready to hunt him down and punch him! NO-ONE talks 'bout my mum like that! NO-one!
:mad:

:hug: LOVE U MUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we both going to Odyssey tomorrow night to see fire-works!

:D:happy:

anyway there ya go Daisy......we be packin our bags tonight.......please have choccie muffins and apple buns for our arrival.......;)

:D

Back
Top Bottom