AC/DC

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fah

Blue Crack Addict
I was just realized that I no longer own any music made by AC/DC. Yes, I had all the records but gave them away (that's another confession). What should I do?

A friend of mine moved into a new house. We were sitting in the backyard, having a BBQ, when all of a sudden we could hear these really LOUD church bells. We all thought they had moved really close to a chuch that we hadnt noticed before and perhaps they were wedding bells peeling. We were in fits of laughter when the drums started. Yep, just the neighbours playing acadaca really loudly on a very good sound system. :lmao:

I like Hells Bells.

I confess I do not own any AC/DC cds. Listening to the right (or wrong) radio station here means it is not really necessary to own them.

The Maltese DJ with the mutant nasal hair that did my wedding did a heavy metal reception before us. He said no one danced. Not really dancing music I guess. Especially not with Nana. :|

:lol:

My wedding DJ had no sense of humour. He refused to play White Wedding. I just wanted to give people something to stew on for a week while I was honeymooning. He said "No!" like it was his choice or something.

:grumpy:

I wanted Avalon played as we cut the cake, definately not Peabo bloody Brisen (sp?). Get to the reception and he wasnt able to purchase Bryan Ferry anywhere (wtf?) so he played Peabo fucking Brisen instead. I have it on the wedding tape as well. :madspit:

We didn't have music at my wedding reception.:sad:

In an effort to save money we got married at noon and had a luncheon reception with an open bar.:up:

So much for Mom and Dad saving money.:drunk:

Was the reception in a pub? Maybe there was music playing in the back ground.

We saved money by not purchasing any flowers for the tables. Still had an open bar though. :wink:

The reception was at a local golf course. Several of the guests (including several members of my own family) wanted to make a break for the greens, but we made them stay and drink free alcohol.

woops double post

YOU
shook me all night long
You REALLY shook me........

Last edited:
I got married under a frangipani tree , so the carpet of flowers were free. The ceremony was performed by the Sherriff Of Grafton. Up to that point, I didn't know we had sherriff's in Australia. Only thing that could have been cooler was if he had been the Sherriff of Nottingham...or Laredo. We coulda dressed up in green tights or cowboy outfits.It was court day in grafton, so we were surrounded by a random bunch of local low-life( maybe some were innocent until proven guilty)I seem to recall the whole thing cost $30....last of the big suspenders...:D
ummm what was this confession about?
oh AccaDacca...I have them on cassette.

my wedding music will depend on what's fashionable by the time hell freezes over

shame on the non AC/DC owners

anyone should at least own Let there be rock & Powerage
(Highway to hell & Back in black also being high on the must own list of course)

Salome said:
shame on the non AC/DC owners

anyone should at least own Let there be rock & Powerage
(Highway to hell & Back in black also being high on the must own list of course)

I realize the error of my ways - that's why I confessed.

My wedding reception will include much cool music. I am breifly considering walking down the aisle to "I believe in a thing called love."

Salome and Angie will be my guests of honour and I will fly them out for free when I marry someone with oodles of money and a private jet.

The_Sweetest_Thing said:
My wedding reception will include much cool music. I am breifly considering walking down the aisle to "I believe in a thing called love."

Salome and Angie will be my guests of honour and I will fly them out for free when I marry someone with oodles of money and a private jet.

:love:
I will load myself up on valium and make the trip myself for when you get married, my dearest thong!!!!

2 churches refused to marry us, so we brought the mountain to Mohamed (so to speak) and had a minister friend perform the ceremony in the garden of the house we had the reception in. It was a gorgeous old place, old sandstone job with a beautiful fountain and stone arbor under which we had the 'bit' itself. I walked out to some 4 piece mob from the Sydney Symphony Orchestra playing some piece of music I had not heard before.

pretty much.

:wink:

no, i kid. it was the highest of sins, being not active church members and both of us being so horribly unforgivably impure that we are both actually half c of e and half catholic. for both of us to be doomed like this was too much for them.

it really cemented my dislike of these institutions.

for the use of the word "institutions" in this context alone I rate that post 4 1/2 out of 5 Angusses

Ohhhhh I love AC/DC!! :D :D

I saw them on their Stiff Upper Lip tour and I was like 4th row :D :love: That was the coolest. Although we were like the youngest in our section and there were these old guys with beards sitting next to us smoking pot :ohmy: Trying to put their arms around us :gag: I think we got high off the fumes LOL

Our wedding song is going to be All I want is You :D My fiance said he wants nothing but U2 played at our wedding...I told him we needed a little variety LOL

Back
Top Bottom