A true confession for a U2 forum...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I haven't bought HTDAAB yet.... I'm not still in the mood....

I've never bought a U2 DVD... and the one I have is burned (a friend gave it to me), cuz they are so expensive :mad:

I giggled :reject: when bono falled out the stage in miami... after seeing that he was ok :wink:

I change the channel everytime I see Bono talking in CNN... i can't explain myself why...

Oh, and I want to add: I'm filthy fucking rich because of all the money I saved on not seeing them 21 times each tour since Popmart.

So there!

:happy:

This has turned into a mighty fun rant thread. :yes:

this is the best thread ever

and i'm sure like i'm really rushing out to buy a U2 dvd on the same day friends season 10 is being released.

bonosgirl84 said:
this is the best thread ever

and i'm sure like i'm really rushing out to buy a U2 dvd on the same day friends season 10 is being released.

Plus, the Scott Stapp album comes out next Tuesday and I already paid for a line ticket to get that! :drool:

All kidding aside :happy: the new Wilco album comes out today.

Sweet.

Going to get that tonight.

On a related note; I will not be getting the U2 DVD this evening.

:giggle:

but i wasn't kidding about friends.

:uhoh:

i own all nine seasons already and ten is the last one.

:drool:

and for good measure...:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

i'm buying the DVD on Friday so i can watch it, alone and enhanced, that night.

i love HutDab. i love ATYCLB. i love Pop. i love Achtung. i love Joshua Tree.

i've seen Vertigo 3 times. Elevation once. Popmart 4 times.

perhaps i'm brainwashed.

but it's better this way.

Nice thread? :eyebrow:

I'm not buying the DVD because I asked for it for Christmas. I'm not the easiest person to shop for so I figured it was a good thing for someone to get me. :shrug: I was at both shows that were filmed and still have great memories of them so I can wait another month.

I guess my confession would be that I think too large of a percentage of U2 fans are whiney spoiled brat types. I have seen it building to the way it is over the last 8 years. I'm a fan of a few other artists and U2 has by far the largest percentage of them. (and I mean this from both the fans that adore them and the fans that constantly bitch about them). If the band is so shitty and/or owes you so much and continues to disappoint, why are you hanging out here or even a fan of the band? Sadomaschism? I'm not even joking with that. I think some people get some type of rise out of bitching about the band. I will NEVER understand that perspective. Find something constructive to do.

Irvine511 said:
i'm buying the DVD on Friday so i can watch it, alone and enhanced, that night.

i love HutDab. i love ATYCLB. i love Pop. i love Achtung. i love Joshua Tree.

i've seen Vertigo 3 times. Elevation once. Popmart 4 times.

perhaps i'm brainwashed.

but it's better this way.

you big u2 slut. :tsk:

i only saw u2 live for the first time in september. and i've loved them since 1984.

:up:

U2SavesTheWorld said:
:mad:

Man, I'm so broke from having a mortgage.

:love:

I've never watched the DVD that came with HTDAAB.
I love when fans bitch about me bitching about the band. :happy:
I bought Madonna's CD today and Frank McCourt's new book, not the live dvd, even though I was at all 4 shows in may.
I don't like Crumbs or OOTS. :happy:
Many U2 fans are annoying. :happy:
I over use smilies.

WildHoneyAlways said:

:love:

I love when fans bitch about me bitching about the band. :happy:

:laugh: I love it when fans that bitch try to throw it back in peoples faces by mocking rather than having an actual point.

I love it when fans get all holier-then-thou and no one can say anything remotely critical about the band!

But I love RRu2 more than that!

:|

Like I said, I have nothing against the band or the music. I've been listening to HTDAAB a lot more after seeing the concerts than I did when it first came out. I'd definitely take the experience over just the music, but DVDs in general are so freeeeekin expensive these days :huh:

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:

Like I said, I have nothing against the band or the music. I've been listening to HTDAAB a lot more after seeing the concerts than I did when it first came out. I'd definately take the experience over just the music, but DVDs in general are so freeeeekin expensive these days :huh:

Sorry for hijacking your thread lies....that wasn't cool of me. I hear what you are saying about the DVDs....thats a lot of cash for a movie.
Obviously, this thread shouldn't have become what it has and I apologize for my role in its path of destruction.

I stand by my opinions but I could have found a better place to express them.

Aaaaaaaaaaaand

sweeeeet!

:sexywink:

you are cool

apology accepted :hug:

Now, for those that did have the cash to fork over....is the "special people" edition or whatever the feck it's called really worth the extra $$$? My mom asked me for a Christmas list, so....

well, i did some searching....amazon.com has the special people edition for $23.09.....which is about $10 less then anywhere else I've found.

from what I've read it seems to be worth the extra cash....sounds like some decent shit on the second disc.

U2SavesTheWorld said:
I love it when fans get all holier-then-thou and no one can say anything remotely critical about the band!

:laugh: You do realize my last post I was joking? :eyebrow:

Seriously though, I have no problem with criticism of the band.
There are things they do I dont care for either. Some people, (and I'm not saying anyone that posted on this thread is one of them) all they do is complain. That I dont understand, why talk about something so much that brings them so much misery? Its not fun for most here either.

To be fair, the element that bothers me more is the spoiled brat fan. That thinks U2 owes them something. That is as bad if not worse than the constant bitchers. :shrug:

you are cool

apology accepted :hug:

Now, for those that did have the cash to fork over....is the "special people" edition or whatever the feck it's called really worth the extra $$$? My mom asked me for a Christmas list, so....

:uhoh: Sorry too, Lies.

Best Buy Has the Deluxe Ed. for $22.99 I think. You can order it on line and then pick it up in the store for no extra charge. :up:

Like I said, I have nothing against the band or the music. I've been listening to HTDAAB a lot more after seeing the concerts than I did when it first came out. I'd definitely take the experience over just the music, but DVDs in general are so freeeeekin expensive these days :huh:

I'm sorry also, I participated in the hijacking. :|

I was going to say sorry for hijacking a few replies back, livluv, but I forgot.

To refute Blue Room's assumptions, however, yes I whine - like pretty much everyone at some point, but I'm not spoiled. Denied, is more my gripe. Hardly overindulged in U2 round these parts.
What else? Is the band shitty? Nup, but the last 2 records were crap - solely in my opinion - obviously not a view shared by everyone, but who's charting opinions anyway?
Do they owe me? This is a stupid question, of which I'd like to slap the face of whoever created it back in the day. It's been argued back and forth for years on here, and it bugs me as much as it seems (unless I'm mistaken), you too, Blue Room.
As for why I'm here or why I continue to be a fan? These are seperate things. I'm here because of a great bunch of friends I've met through here who continue to attract me to it. Simple. Like all websites. As for why I continue to be a fan? Fandom isn't based on the current only. It's been built up over a good few years of other things. I can and am allowed to dislike aspects of U2. It's rather simple. I dont spend all my time wasting away on here complaining about them, though I've complained before. I do many constructive things each and every single day like, I am guessing, everyone else. I cant honestly look at someone who complains as someone who does nothing else with their time. To do so would mean 18 odd hours on here per day whining. No one does that. Not even jick did. Poor jick, lol.

There's no fight here, mate. Just a different opinion. Please dont take a view you've based on assumption as a truth about another person. It's actually way off for everyone in here, judging by what I know of others' views on similar things. It might be very true for others, but who's to say.
:shrug:

Back
Top Bottom