A question of love

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ice 00

Babyface
how far have you or would you consider moving for it. and did it work, to date.

Could you be more specific?

If you've been with someone for a long time and that person gets relocated, then yeah, move with them.

If it's someone that you met on the internet and love their online persona, eh, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

If you are a weird stalker, get help.

I went back to Italy and reconsidered and came back to England for it. Now we are married.:heart:

It's not easy at all though, not at all!

I moved about 100 miles...but I didn't just do it for love. I'd been struggling to find a full-time job where I was living, so I decided to look down by my boyfriend for more options. I found something fairly quickly and decided to go for it...which meant moving in with him. We've been living together for almost 3 years.

If he wanted to move somewhere far away though, where I'd be really far away from my family and have to leave my job (I love my job a lot)...I don't know if I could do it. I guess it would depend on the circumstances of moving, but that would be a very, very had decision.

He came to Ireland, where I am from, and we've lived here for 18 months now. We lived in Spain for a year before that. This year we're moving to Amsterdam (he's Dutch) to see how that works out.

Neither of us would ever want to be far away from home so we'll always be near the country we're from. I can't get a job here and we were already considering applying for things in London before the Amsterdam option. I love him and that's mostly the reason why I'd move but I also know I'm happy not living in this country. I know that he is willing to move if I wasn't happy somewhere and he knows that I am willing to do the same. I like the prospect I might find a job doing what I want to do and have spent 5 years studying/training for. If it didn't look like that was going to happen, or I didn't feel like moving over there was the right thing to do, we'd move somewhere else.

Depends, like everyone else said. You shouldn't move just for the possibility though. I'd have to have a lot more going for me somewhere than that :yes:

It all depends on where this person lives, really.

If he/she lives in Atlanta, don't even bother. If they haven't cheated on you yet, they will in the future. It's just the nature of the beast.

I moved from DE to Chicago for love. We are now getting married this coming September :).

Like everyone else has stated don't move for the possibility of love only do it if it is actually for real!

thanks to those who gave an honest evaluation of how it has/hasn't worked for them.

Congrats to those for whom it has worked, and those for whom it hasn't worked but have moved on to something better.

I'm facing something along the line of meegannie - NA to UK. visas and thing won't be a problem...just nerve and commitment.

i'm terrified of even thinking about it even though every thing i've done for the last 3 months has had some consideration for me not being here in the future.

UberBeaver said:
I guess it depends on what you're leaving behind.
nah, it's more about how much you want where you're going to

I moved for my love so that we could have the best shot at being together
and I would do it again for her in an instant

I gained something that was always going to be better than what I left behind

Salome said:
I gained something that was always going to be better than what I left behind

:up: that's the crux of it.
love is love. organising the rest of your life, like a job or somewhere to live is something you have to do regardless of where you are located. sometimes, actually mostly always, relocating means doing all these things at once, but if you've got that good strong relationship behind you then you're not on your own and you can achieve it all.

best of luck :)

I haven't moved for love (I have moved for other reasons, though), but I had someone move FOR ME.

In the end, however, it turned out that the distance worked better for our relationship.

I wouldn't move for anyone, just myself. I like where I'm at, other than this is the worst...winter...ever.

I gave up a lot for my last relationship, and it failed. Now obviously that didn't include moving, but now I've learnt from my failures and know that I'm best served right where I'm at.

Mr. BAW said:
Kinda feeling cheated about not having a chance to convey some personal thoughts on this subject via pm but you've elected not to receive said communique...

Mr. BAW is :sad:

Join the club. :slant:

i've had someone move from new england to the midsouth for me. it didn't work out, though, but we certainly made a go of it for a while. the distance issue wasn't the problem, though.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom