A Predicament Opinions needed

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Ok so next week my friends and I are launching a web site on Halloween. Now the Website is on the Paranormal. My friends and I have been best friends since jr high. Now another friend joined the group a year ago, but he came up with a new name for our paranormal investigation group. Now we all agreed that it will be a democracy and there has to be a majority vote on ideas we want for the group and website.

So yesterday there was a huge disagreement. First off since we are a paranormal investigation website we want to look professinal. I threw in the idea of having a refrence page on the different type of hauntings there are or ghosts, what does EVP mean etc... my two friends who I have known since jr high liked the idea but said not to use wiki because alot of the info on their is suspect.

Now my other friend said we should put games on the main page (illusion games, from Ebuamsworld) I said I don't think it's a good idead as did my other friends because we want to look professinal. He said it would attract more visitors. We told him how many professional paranormal investigation websites have Games on their main page???? 0!

We told him if we did add games it would be a forum section in our discussion board and not on the main page. He said fuck it I don't want to deal with the website anymore because I know if I come up with other ideas you will veto it. I said umm dude the game idea was your first input after a month of working on it and now your pissed and acting like a child because we vetoes 1 idea?
He said if I continue to bring it up he will quit the group.

Now the thing is we need him cause he has a video camera which will help in investigations. If he leaves then we are down to 2 cameras.

So he's leaving over that one idea?

If he's leaving that easy, there's probably other issues and he would have left anyways...

Find out what really is the issue.

ive been on a few other aussie paranormal forums and shit like games doesnt belong on the main page, needs to be a sub foum, and yeah if he left over that then he would have left anyway. you dont need that negative energy in your team when you are doing an investiagtion .
good luck with your site !

I agree that games should not be on your main page at all.
If you are a paranormal investigation group, why would you have games on your homepage? It makes no sense, at least not to me. I'd want information about the paranormal and what you do, who you are, etc.

That's my 2 cents

i agree with you and everyone else about the games. kudos for standing your ground. if he's going to leave over something as silly as this, screw him. don't let your need of another camera compromise the site. better to be one short than to add the feature and possibly ruin any reputation by making it look silly.

It doesn't matter if you get a lot of traffic on your site if it's the wrong kind of traffic. Stick to your guns and keep it a professional site. You can eventually get another camera, but repairing damaged credibility is nearly impossible.

Well he said he won't leave the group and will only help with getting us locations to investigate and participating, as far as the site goes he does not want anything to do with it.

Back
Top Bottom