A little advice seeking....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lilly

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
At the end of my junior year, two of my VERY good friends decided they would tell me they not only didn't like me anymore, but I no longer had the right to exist. Ok, so I tried really hard to forgive, because I think that that is a good, but very difficult concepet to follow. So one of the girls is trying to be my friend again and that's all I can think about. Is is wrong of me to give her an extremely luke warm exterior, or should I forgive and forget?

------------------
Go lightly down your darkened way.

Its my personal opinion, that while people make mistakes sometimes, you are by no means at fault here. Forgive and forget is good in theory, but hard to practice, and also leaves potential risk to further damage your trust. For the time being, I would suggest, be nice, but dont be so open. She has to realise that its her fault for what she did, and she cant just expect you to be treated like shit, take it, and then to have you back as a close friend again right away. Be cautious, but not overly so, and be nice but not hey Ill loan you $10000 nice. Anyways... that should be a start, Im sure someone else has something to add.

Well, forgive and forget is a ok in some situations... but it seems that in this situation some pretty harsh things were said... if it were me I know it would take a LOT for a person to prove that they were actually sorry for something like that... Just be sure you want someone like this as a "friend".

------------------
God has got his phone off the hook, babe...Would he even pick up if he could?

You must be feeling pretty awful right now, is the friendship worth it after this? If it was me Id use this as my basis for deciding what to do. Cos it does sound like you were good mates for a long time.

I had a few friends like this in junior high...I don't think I would "take" that one back if I were you, because chances are, she's likely to do it again in the future. That was pretty harsh what they did to you, and I don't think something like that could be redeemed, in my opinion.

------------------
I know your garden's full
But is there sweetness at all?

Back
Top Bottom