A huge chunk of my CD collection is lost/stolen

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bono's shades

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
:scream:

I have this huge CD case that holds almost 100 CDs that I keep my favorite CDs in. Sometimes I leave it in the glove department of my car overnight, especially if I have a lot of groceries or whatever to haul up to my apartment (most of my music is stored on my computer anyway, so I can always listen to it even if I don't have the actual CDs in the apartment). I thought I brought it into the apartment with me last night when I got home, but when I was looking for it later I saw it wasn't in the usual spot. I assumed I had just left it in the glove department, but when I checked just a little bit ago, it wasn't there, or anywhere else in my car. I ramsacked my apartment and I can't find it anywhere!

I am incredibly upset right now. Sure, most of the CDs are on my computer, but it's not the same thing as having the actual CDs.

Oh man that sucks. I have a little brother who, when he was 2-5, really liked opening the DVD cases and CD cases, and a lot of my CDs got ruined that way. All was well because they were on my computer....Until the great iPod crash of 2008. Dark days.

Anyways :hug: < as heartfelt as an emoticon can be ;)

:( Sorry to hear that.

My desktop's hard drive died last Wednesday, and I lost about 50 albums because of it, maybe more. Not as expensive a loss, but still a pain in the ass.

I don't think it could have been stolen out of the car because it was locked and I think I would be able to tell if someone picked the lock on one of the doors or something. I will look again.

I still have hope I will find it. This happens sometimes with my eyeglasses - I think they are lost, and it turns out I just put them in a weird spot I don't usually put them.

I'm also getting my smaller CD wallet that's stashed in another compartment of the car out of there right now. I'm never carrying more than a dozen CDs in the car at a time ever again. I got lulled into a false sense of security because I've been keeping huge numbers of CDs in my car for so long with no issues whatsoever.

Oh wow, I feel your pain. Good thing you have the music backed up but I wholeheartedly agree that it's just not the same. That's how I Feel about my cd collection! I even burn copies of cd's to keep in my car for the sole reason if they get damaged or stolen I have the original cd safe at home (hopefully) AND backed up on my PC. And if ever under the threat of a natural disaster ever again I know one of the first things I grab is my hard drive!! All my pics and music is on it!

I hope that you find it soon or come to some form of peace if it is indeed lost forever. :hug:

I even burn copies of cd's to keep in my car for the sole reason if they get damaged or stolen I have the original cd safe at home (hopefully) AND backed up on my PC.

I think that's what I'm going to do with the CDs I have left and with any more that I buy from now on. Thanks for the tip!

I even burn copies of cd's to keep in my car for the sole reason if they get damaged or stolen I have the original cd safe at home (hopefully) AND backed up on my PC.

:hi5: . . . I started doing this too . . . after a mate had all their fave cd's swiped in a car break in!

I hope they turn up somewhere unexpectedly for you - its all kinds of sucky losing stuff like that :hug:

:hyper:

My CD's are back home safe and sound!

My neighbor found them in the hallway of the apartment building. I must have either dropped the case or put it down for a second when I was bringing groceries upstairs or something.

I had just given up on the idea of them ever turning up again.

Back
Top Bottom