A great relationship

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Laura M

Blue Crack Addict
What, for you, makes a very good / great relationship?

complete comfort. familiarity. loving freely without condition. permission to be yourself, not judged. loved openly. smiling. holding hands. laughing together. working together. celebrating together. remaining yourself. staying true to who you are.

or maybe it's all the little things. like being willing to wash their undies. it's making the bed slopey because you are weighed down with the laptop and textbooks playing on interference when you should have turned the lamp out hours ago and knowing that they wont be cranky. it's perhaps "i'll be ready in 5 minutes" really means "sit down, i'll be at least another 15". it's knowing, maybe, how to make their cup of tea exactly how they like it. and bringing it in to them in the morning.

it's everything.
:)

Trust, Honesty, Communication, Loyalty, Love, Humor, Faithfullness, (that was already loyalty but I reiterate it LOL).

Being able to share everything with that person...even the most embarassing times you've ever had. Seeing that person and feeling that your heart skips a beat. Missing that person the second he steps out of your sight. Knowing that that person will love you until you die. :sigh:

Mullen-Girl said:
Trust, Honesty, Communication, Loyalty, Love, Humor, Faithfullness, (that was already loyalty but I reiterate it LOL).

Being able to share everything with that person...even the most embarassing times you've ever had. Seeing that person and feeling that your heart skips a beat. Missing that person the second he steps out of your sight. Knowing that that person will love you until you die. :sigh:

There´s a difference between faithfulness and loyalty. But they are very similar.

Angela Harlem said:
or maybe it's all the little things. like being willing to wash their undies.

:lol:

Communication is so important, I cant stress that enough!! Need to be able to talk openly about everything and anything, especially your relationship. Fun, laughing, humor.. gotta have it. Sex, love, affection, caring, trust, loyalty, pretty much what everyone else has said so far.

Angela Harlem said:
complete comfort. familiarity. loving freely without condition. permission to be yourself, not judged. loved openly. smiling. holding hands. laughing together. working together. celebrating together. remaining yourself. staying true to who you are.

or maybe it's all the little things. like being willing to wash their undies. it's making the bed slopey because you are weighed down with the laptop and textbooks playing on interference when you should have turned the lamp out hours ago and knowing that they wont be cranky. it's perhaps "i'll be ready in 5 minutes" really means "sit down, i'll be at least another 15". it's knowing, maybe, how to make their cup of tea exactly how they like it. and bringing it in to them in the morning.

it's everything.

:up:

:flirt:

Sicy said:
Communication is so important, I cant stress that enough!! Need to be able to talk openly about everything and anything, especially your relationship. Fun, laughing, humor.. gotta have it. Sex, love, affection, caring, trust, loyalty, pretty much what everyone else has said so far.

:up: :up: :up:

Especially the difficult subjects to discuss openly and honestly - like sex, money, and the relationship.

:yes: Being able to talk about money is very important...that's what most fights are about lol

you either have it or you don't and you argue about having it or not having it and how to spend it etc.

Angela Harlem said:

it's everything.

I agree completely :). And I agree with what Sicy said about the communication.

I'd quote you again, Angela Harlem, if it wasn't just above this post.:wink: :up:

Angela Harlem said:

it's everything.

^ What she said. :yes:

I used to date alot of "bad boys" and I could never be myself around them. Always did what they wanted to do, etc. etc.

My boyfriend is a really great guy. He gets me. :) He makes me laugh and I can be silly with him without him judging me. I can talk to him about anything. It's pretty much the little things that count. Being honest and talking things out and having a sense of humor is what makes us work.

:heart:

I agree with everything that was said before, but for me, what would make a great relationship would be a little U2 obsession. Perhaps not on the same scale as me, but it would be nice to be dating another U2 lover! (which,by the way, I have not experienced yet. I have converted many a gal but never dated someone that was a fan already).

Back
Top Bottom