a friend of mine passed away

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cell

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
his name was dan, he and i were very close once, then we drifted. he was too young, around my age if not older. he died in his sleep, of a heart attack. the thing is...i still cannot grasp the concept that he is no longer with us. he was the kind of guy who was always there for us whenever he was needed. this is too unreal. i will miss him.:sigh:

I'm so sorry, I can't even imagine what you're going through at the moment :hug:

I can completely relate as this just happened to me too. Shocking and very sad. It just takes time I guess to get used to the Reality of another loss in our lives. :sad:

I'm very sorry to hear that you're going through a tough time.

I had something similar happen to me this summer. A guy I knew back in high school passed away in August. We weren't particularly close, since we went to different schools, but knew each other through a leadership conference that we both went to yearly and kept in touch via MSN. He was the nicest guy you could ever hope to meet, and didn't have a mean bone in his body. He would listen to you and always offer a perfect solution. We sort of drifted apart a bit after high school since he went to a university on the other end of the province, but still saw each other once in a while. He went to a movie with some friends in August, and halfway through just keeled over and that was it. His heart just plain old stopped. He was dead before he knew what hit him. It was tough (still is), but I am thankful for the brief impact he had on my life. Remember your friend for the good times, and remember the lessons he taught you (everyone you meet teaches you something) and the impact he's had on you. You can get through this (we both can). :hug:

Back
Top Bottom