A dissapointing encounter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Westport, I am sincerly hoping you arent being snide and paraphrasing BVS's signature just to try and be a snot again. I really think an apology to N&D, privately or here--I don't care, would be proper. This part of the forum is for members to be able to safely talk about personal issues that are bothering them and for you to judge a person you know nothing about and just casually throwing an insult in the way you did was quite disgusting. If you had ever even bothered to read any of N&D's journals or other posts you would have seen what a kind and good hearted person she is (not to mention a wonderful mother). Not that you should feel entitled to speak to anyone else on here that way either.

I do apologize to N&D.

My original comment was a poor and hasty choice of words on my part.

I would like to apologize to BVS for my angry, unfairly directed post.
I truly thought you were saying 'poster' as in the originator of the thread/post.
My mistake.
My comp has been on the fritz, off and on, so i would have done sooner.

The anger came more from believing i was being accused or bringing it upon myself and some of the comments were just unfair..
what i meant by dredging up old stuff, was that i was accused of bringing on things to myself as a child and young girl.
As an adult, i can see now that these sick people made me feel this way in order to control me and break me down.
But sometimes when i get accused of stuff like this, i get defensive and angry...and thats what happened.

Anyways, Im am also sorry that this thread went this way,
SGB, is right, it was not my intention, but merely an opprotunity to relay an experience
and see if any others had anything similar, and what their reaction was to it.

Thank you to all who gave their support and opinions.

A quick update...he continues to email me through MySpace, asking me to email or chat, and i have chosen to ignore the requests.

Funny thing is, i have only one hoodie that i wear when its cold...
and its the bands hoodie, i honestly would wear that thing with pride in my old hometown,
because these guys are from there too.

Now what am i to do when its cold?

:sad:

:wink:

Westport, i accept.

wear the hoodie. if it's cold, wear it. you don't want this band dude having so much influence in your daily decisions. he's got no right to be in your life. you've told him so. welcome the hoodie because it keeps you warm and serves a purpose. at the risk of sounding like a female dr phil, i apologise for this hoodie analogy.
:wink:

you take it easy, night and day. you're a good egg. wear the hoodie.
:hug:

I wasnt serious about not wearing the hoodie...i really like these guys, and it wont stop me from listening.

Also, i wanted to clarify a few things.
I was dissapointed that this guy came on to me in the blunt manner he did.
It was certainly uncalled for and i did not give any indication i perfered to talk that way with him.
I was dissapointed, not 'harmed', and i didnt feel violated or victimized.
It was when comments suggesting that i could have possibly brought this on myself were posted, that i felt hurt and angry.

I really wasn't even angered by his choice of words and such, it was again...dissapointing and immature.

Anyways my comp has been really acting up, and i think i have a virus, i usually use Yahoo,
but had to go to AOL, and while browsing, he im'ed me.
His opening line to me was asking how my Easter was, i hesitated before i answered, but said 'fine, thanks'.
He went on to talk about his take on religion and holidays.
He asked me my opinion about the same and i answered.
Not one single time during the convo did he say anything sexual.

When i felt he was being genuine, i took the opprotunity to ask him why he felt it ok to talk the way he did to me.
He apologized and felt it was thoughtless, but then said in all honesty, he thought i was attractive and just wanted to talk.

I told him i appreciated his honesty, and that i hope in the future, it didnt need to include sexual talk.
He agreed and said he would still enjoy talking to me, if i was ok with it.

I would like to think that it was just one thoughtless time, and this last convo gave me some 'hope'.
But ill have to see.

Thank you again for the support when i 'lost' it.
In the future, i will probably just keep certain things to myself.

Back
Top Bottom