A dissapointing encounter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
starsgoblue said:
I'm just still upset about the fact that a poster here thinks her Myspace page was an invitation for such propositioning....

Well I guess when a guy acts inappropriately- rather than take him to task for it and criticize him for his lack of respect and improper behavior, let's just turn it all around and say that she asked for it/deserves it because of what she has on her MySpace page.

MrsSpringsteen said:

First of all, please don't call me "sista". You are completely missing the point- you are the one who is acting as if all men are ruled by their sex drives. "Even rock stars need to get laid, cut the guy some slack" -that's not projecting that attitude? Cut the guy some slack? Now you are saying what you are saying about him-so I guess you're backpedaling. Please don't tell me what I need to stop doing when what you post directly plays into a certain judgment of a whole group.

Just because guys have dicks doesn't give them the license to act like dicks-and some just don't get that, and some never will. Some never evolve.

Chica please...

If you didn't detect the sarcasm in my post then I think my chia pet is less dense than you are. Besides, my comment wasn't directed at men, it was directed at rockstars.

Some people are just jerks. Plain and simple. It's a fact of life.

Girls can be jerks, too. I, for example, was burned by a girl who wasn't what she made herself out to be. Oops...she fooled me. But don't come around here pointing your finger at men and act like you, meaning women in general, have never done anything unjust or unfair or disappointing to men.

I said before, it's unfortunate this happened, it really is, but there's no reason for your posts saying that 'he's a guy'. If you have that kind of attitude than you're just as worthless as you claim we, men, are.

I suggest that you take the ruffled potato chip you have logged up your anal cavity out and eat it.

I suggest you read the FAQ's here and stick your rude comments somewhere...oh if only I didn't have to abide by the FAQs here and say what I want to say right now.

I guess your "sarcasm" is just so sublime that we should all eat it up with a spoon. Apparently you're so "dense" that you can't even get what I meant by the "he's a guy" stuff. Rudeness such as yours gives men a bad name, that's for sure.

MirrorballLemon...that last sentence you wrote was completely innapropriate. I don't know why you feel you can speak like that to someone just because you are on a message board. I'm sure a mod will be happy to discuss proper ettiquette here with you shortly.

starsgoblue said:
I'm just still upset about the fact that a poster here thinks her Myspace page was an invitation for such propositioning....

Given the poster, it doesn't suprise me all that much.

First of all, the guy was way out of bounds and I’m sorry that this happened to you. No one should be subjected to this type of behavior.

I believe that it is pretty common knowledge that MySpace has quite a few sex offenders and perverts that spend a lot of time there. There are tons of news stories of the sexual misconduct and arrests that have taken place there. And to some, like it or not, a lot of viewers see a MySpace page as an advertisement for you. Your intentions might be to be cute or funny but how it is INTERPRETED by the viewer is not in your control. The guys that are looking for sex related stuff are looking for things that speak of sex to them (in how they choose to interpret it). If a guy is trolling for sex, he’s probably not going to be interested in the MySpace pages with pictures of puppies, ponies, nuns and priests….they just move onto the next page when they see that. They focus on what they want to see. It doesn’t mean you should change your site and it doesn’t give any guy the right to discuss or pursue a certain type of conversation but you have to realize that there are hundreds of thousands of creeps and freaks out there…and they will think a certain way and will try to engage because of the way they interpret things.

MirrorballLemon said:

Chica please...

If you didn't detect the sarcasm in my post then I think my chia pet is less dense than you are. Besides, my comment wasn't directed at men, it was directed at rockstars.

Girls can be jerks, too. I, for example, was burned by a girl who wasn't what she made herself out to be. Oops...she fooled me. But don't come around here pointing your finger at men and act like you, meaning women in general, have never done anything unjust or unfair or disappointing to men.

I said before, it's unfortunate this happened, it really is, but there's no reason for your posts saying that 'he's a guy'. If you have that kind of attitude than you're just as worthless as you claim we, men, are.

I suggest that you take the ruffled potato chip you have logged up your anal cavity out and eat it.

Honest to god, was that necessary to be so disgustingly rude to MrsS??

And N&D, I'm really sorry you were let down by this guy.

Last edited:
MrsSpringsteen said:
Rudeness such as yours gives men a bad name, that's for sure.

I highly doubt Yolland, GotPhilk, NoSpokenWords, BVS, among others, could EVER be represented by the above Interference poster. Do not judge all by the stupid comments of one.

It would be like me saying that all of the Interference women are Bono-drooling lunatics who cannot think straight when they log onto PLEBA. Its just not the case!

blueeyedgirl said:
Upon reading this thread, I have to say that Indra's last sentence up there was one of the first things to come to mind (yes it is that dirty :wink: ). And that the next thought is that this guy is not just a "guy" but a musician. And the reason lots of boys join bands is to get shags. And sometimes as U2 fans we tend to forget that not all bands are as virtuous as our lot are.

I'm glad to see I'm not the only woman here with a dirty mind! :D and your comment about why many guys join bands reminds me of MWP's "we started this band to get girls" comment when he told the audience of Scarlet's birth. :lol:

And I have to admit if I was in a band and thought that would help me get a cute guy for a quickie sometimes I'd sure as hell use it. Masturbation is all well and good, but sometimes you just need a real live person for that fling. And if both people are fine with that, there's no problem. In this particular case one person didn't welcome the advances of the other and shut him down. Yeah, N&D would have liked him to be different -- to be what she wanted him to be -- but he wasn't. So she clicked a couple keys and poof! he was gone. Understandably disappointing for her (I'm sure it was for him too :lol: ), but it shouldn't be a condemnation of all guys (and I'm not saying she meant it to be either) -- even all horndog band guys. Sometimes those horndog band guys are just the ticket, you know? :wink:

Last edited:
zoney! said:

I highly doubt Yolland, GotPhilk, NoSpokenWords, BVS, among others, could EVER be represented by the above Interference poster. Do not judge all by the stupid comments of one.

It would be like me saying that all of the Interference women are Bono-drooling lunatics who cannot think straight when they log onto PLEBA. Its just not the case!

I fully agree with you. (however, yolland is a woman :wink: )

night_and_day66 said:
I really dont care that it was about sex, i mean, its natural, and i do enjoy talking about it,
but i guess my dissapointment or let down was that it was someone i thought had, through his music,
been a more deeper, more mature being.

It would be interesting to know what expectations you had for knowing this bloke. You know here, Bono is held as a demi-God by some when he's just a short Irish bloke who can't shut the fuck up. But as none of us will ever get to spend any time with Bono other than getting an autograph or a photo, we won't have our delusions shattered.

This bloke probably just behaved in a way rock stars have behaved since time started, Myspace means he can do with more people and more anonymously. Not to excuse the way he went about it, but I don't think a bloke asking a girl he likes for sex is a crime, nor a girl asking a bloke for sex.

It's not okay for the celebrity guy to assume all women who contact him and talk freely about sex (regardless of the woman's innocent intent) and have some suggestive things on their myspace ( regardless of the fact there is tonnes of other wholesome stuff on said myspace) want him and are open to being propositioned, however, it's okay to think that guy and a poster people are finding offensive are representative of all men.

Reminds me of FYM and that Imus guy, depsite the good he has done, it's apparently okay to label him based on some comments.

One person can argue that some comments they have made are not representative of them as a person, there is so much other stuff that is great and worthy about them, but another can't. :hmm:

Westport said:
Not to excuse the guy but your myspace page may have helped in putting some ideas into his head:

- The beautiful pictures

- "I put the Lush in Luscious..."

- A reminder that it's Breast Awareness Month

- A link entitled "Your Penis Name is 100% All-beef Themometer" (Get your own Penis Name)

:shrug:

Westport.......what nerve do you have posting this.......i'm pretty sure you have breached something (i hope so, anyay), i hope Night and Day gets a mod onto you!

MirrorballLemon said:

Chica please...

OMG......you are the second Newbie to make my IGNORE list after reading the your post in LESS than 30 minutes........Congrats ..... What is this........ Wanker Day , today?

MirrorballLemon said:
If you didn't detect the sarcasm in my post then I think my chia pet is less dense than you are.

As has already been pointed out to you--this was completely unacceptable.

And trying to effect familiarity you don't have with terms of address, especially casual ones like "chica" "dude" etc., in tense interchanges or threads on sensitive personal issues is also a bad idea...address the poster using all or part of their username instead, or skip the address altogether and get straight to the point.

Last edited:
Also...if this thread can't stay on topic it will wind up closed. I don't think night and day intended to start a generalized gender wars discussion.

BonoVoxSupastar said:

'Given the poster'
???
Are you talking to me???
Just come on out...what the fuck is this?...
what the fuck do you know about me?
What the actual FUCK DO YOU MEAN BY THIS?
What the fuck do you know about me other than my journals?
You need to explain...or back the fuck off me.
What DICK would say this shit?

Ill wait to tell you to fuck off, until i hear your explanation.
Go on, explain.

Im waiting.

night_and_day66 said:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

'Given the poster'
???
Are you talking to me???

Go on, explain.

Im waiting.

Um...you aren't the poster BVS meant.

Right, he was clearly referring to Westport. Not trying to drag Westport back into it, he already explained his POV but that's clearly who BVS meant.

night_and_day66 said:
BonoVoxSupastar said:

'Given the poster'
???
Are you talking to me???

Go on, explain.

Im waiting.

I wasn't referring to you at all, sorry if you misunderstood my comment.

I probably shouldn't have even made the comment but it was referring to Westport, this poster has made personal attacks on me and others in this forum, that's what I was referring to.

^I only called you out on something. I've never made personal attacks on anyone in this forum.

I think the main point here is the fact that night_and_day66 had simply and innocently added a band to her friend request on myspace....a band that she admired and whos music had touched her life (not unlike U2).

And after the friend add, a few PM's back and forth regarding the band, music, life......intelligent, normal communication......the communication later continued
and AS SOON as the IM"s started this guy goes right into sex talk....out of nowhere!!

it was never asked for, warranted and totally uncalled for.

It would have been a different situation if the two parties were flirtatious in their communication and things led up to that.....as someone earlier posted on here....MUTUAL.

I would feel let down too if I had the opportunity to communicate with someone I idolize....only to find out their a a total creep.

Ok, ok, ok.
Thank you for that.

If you can just understand, i have had a HUGE history of abuse from men...
molestations and 2 rapes, all before the age of 14.
I am just trying to defend myself.
Being accused, really just takes me back to all of that shit.

Defenseless, innocent and a child.

I wish i didnt even start this, knowing how badly it would take me back to all of this.
Right now, i am crying and deeply sorrowful.

I never asked for this.

:hug: n&d

I understand - it is so disappointing to be SHOCKED by someone when you thought they were different then they were (it doesn't matter if hes a musician or the man next door etc)

I'm sorry you were disappointed, but im proud that you left the conversation and stated your intentions!

Other then a few people who don't seem to realise that having a few posing shots and being confident about ones self doesn't mean that guys can just let it all out on you, most of us understood what you were saying.

don't waste tears over this

:hug: I am so sorry Night_and_Day. Just know that I think almost everyone in this thread is on your side and believes you were completely in the right and did the mature, responsible thing.

I think you've done a DAMN FINE job of protecting yourself! You should be really proud of yourself! :applaud:

Last edited:
night_and_day66 said:
Ok, ok, ok.
Thank you for that.

If you can just understand, i have had a HUGE history of abuse from men...
molestations and 2 rapes, all before the age of 14.
I am just trying to defend myself.
Being accused, really just takes me back to all of that shit.

Defenseless, innocent and a child.

I wish i didnt even start this, knowing how badly it would take me back to all of this.
Right now, i am crying and deeply sorrowful.

I never asked for this.

I'm so sorry N&D, I wonder if some people who have posted here can take the time now to think about this situation in the context of this post. Take the time to ponder it with your heart and your head, take the time to think about what a human being has been through and how it affects her feelings about the particular situation she has posted about here

And for the last damn time I am not condemning all guys-but I suppose it helps some people with their snappy little retorts. And saying rudeness of a man gives men a bad name-well that's hardly a condemnation of other guys. The fact is that it does (just as it does for females-rudeness is rudeness even if in general the males tend to be more rude here-but gee I can't make that mere observation, cause I am condemning all of them. Just to make it crystal clear, I think there are many rude females here, and many very polite and pleasant males), and his is hardly the only rudeness on the part of males on Interference. Oh if only it was, this would be a much more pleasant place. If you feel insulted by that, speak up here against his rudeness. Speak out about that rudeness on all of Interference, rather than participating in it or remaining silent. Rather than seeing his rudeness condemned all I see is comments on what I said-interesting. And insults of other people in the process.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom