A Day in My Life I will Never Forget

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Justin24

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
Yesterday I went with my mom to an orphanage here in Guatemala to hand out toys to the little kids. These toys were donated by friends and family in the States. As soon as we went to the area where the kids were, all I was hearing for the first few minutes was daddy have you come to take me home and dozens of kids coming up asking me to hold them and take them home. I took alot of photographs of this. It was so hard being there. There was one girl 11yrs old who{s first day at the orphanage was yesterday when we handed out the toys.

These children are taken care of really well. There is a staff of 30 to take care of about 85 children. ranging from 1 day old to 11 years old. Many times the babies are found in garbage cans or near a river embankment. I will post some photos later.

IMG_7114.jpg

IMG_7126.jpg

IMG_7146.jpg

IMG_7139.jpg

IMG_7093.jpg

IMG_7091.jpg

I dont know the name at the top of my head I will find out though.

Justin, those children are soooo beautiful. Can you find out for me if I can send some items there?

Out of curiousity, are these children able to be adopted?

Those are fantastic photos! :up: Beautiful!

I've worked in orphanages before, and it can be heartbreaking, but an incredible experience. It looks like those children are well taken care of, which is great to see.

What a wonderful thing you are doing Justin! And great pictures! You should publish them in a book and donate the proceeds of the book to the orphanage. It really is sad that there are so many similar orphanages around the world with children in need of homes. I'd take them all in if I could! It just breaks my heart. But from what you say and the looks of the photos these particular kids are in fact very well cared for and that makes me smile. God is similing on you for the wonderful thing you and your Mother have done! Keep up the good work and have a safe journey back home from your trip.

Justin your pictures are beautiful! I wish it were possible for every child to have a home. However if they must be in an orphanage at least it's one that treats them properly. They really do look like they are surrounded by lots of love there.

Isnt the world a fucked up place! As heartbreaking as yer pics are, these are the lucky ones. For everyone there, there is probably many more not so fortunate.
Makes me mad knowing governments can spend billions on war machines wen stuff like this goes on and kept quiet.
Fair Play to you and yer mam for going, coz i couldnt take the heartache

Amazing pictures and beautiful children.

God, this makes me ache...now I'm a mom my heart is just breaking for those kids. Adults can be soooo cruel and selfish it makes me so sick and angry. It looks like they are being taken care of at least...it would be hard not to scoop them all up and run home with they all.:(

Back
Top Bottom