A bit depressed.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
U2democrat said:
there's not much of the nature left in the US. for your best bet go out west to the grand canyon and yosemite national park. otherwise everything is concrete.

You have lived in the 'burbs too long. :wink:

There are still plenty of beautiful places around in many parts of the country. Not sure I'd travel from another continent for them, but I'm not sure I'd go to another continent to see pretty land either.

U2democrat said:
there's not much of the nature left in the US. for your best bet go out west to the grand canyon and yosemite national park. otherwise everything is concrete.

Wow, I'd say most of your country is still non-concrete. Drive through the southwest and you can go for miles without encountering a single soul. Even in populated states like Pennsylvania there are such huge stretches of just land.

Canada is much more "the last frontier" than the US, but huge parts of your country are really quite abandoned.

California, outside of the cities (especially inland) is absolutely stunning and some areas are barely populated. Arizona - get lost on a dirt road. Nevada, same thing. Drive in the Everglades or over the keys in Florida. The sparse plantations in southern Georgia. The beautiful Appalachians in North Carolina, all you see is greenery for miles and miles. West Virginia is stunning in the summertime. Some areas of upstate New York are lovely.

You really have a TON of beautiful places that are barely built up. Definitely a beautiful country to visit! I lived in Europe but you will not find a country there with such incredible climate zone differences as the USA. Hell, take all of Europe and you still won't see the same type of diversity as the US.

The wilderness of North America beats what little wilderness is left in Europe, every day of the week and twice on Sunday. Now the cities are another story, LOL.

I just got back from Dublin. I was only there a week and I fell in love with the place. We were able to see a lot of the country during the day but we stayed in Dublin all week so we got a good mix of all of Ireland. I could easily live there. I travel all the time, mainly to the southwest these days, and I've never felt completely at home in any city before that I could say I'd live there one day other than maybe San Diego...but I think coming from Minnesota I'd get tired of the eternal summer. I loved Dublin and want to be there so bad right now! Even though I live in the Twin Cities and it's fairly busy I'm so bored with Minnesota :yuck:

For Honor said:
Take me home, country road....
to the place

............ that I belong?
West Virginia? :eyebrow:

And U2Dem, if you want to see nature, check out some local bike paths or hiking trails if they are available. My town built a bike path through the woods and it is so serene and peaceful, I love it.

Back
Top Bottom