The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Christine,

I am so very sorry to read of John's motorcycle accident.

My thoughts and prayers are with your family during this tough time. Please keep us posted, and know that your friends at Interference care about you all.

And please, don't forget to take good care of yourself too.

:hug: Sicy & her family:hug:

Diane

Oh no Sicy that's so sad :sad: :( I read all your reports and you are so sweet and I feel so sorry for him. He's got a wonderful sister and family and all of us behind him and he'll be stronger every day. I'll be sending prayers and good vibes to you all. :heart:

:hug:Sicy:hug:John:hug:

finally

They changed their minds again.. so the tube is out!

I was right there when he first started talking. He was babbling jibberish.. talking italian.. even though he never speaks italian. He was telling us to hold his hands in italian. So then a while later he started to become more alert. He doesnt remember what happened yet.. I'm sure he will when the drugs wear off. He asked a lot of questions... wanted to know what day it is, where his bike is, what happened, where his cell phone is :rolleyes: like that matters. :tongue:.. when we told him he was at Stanford he was like GREAT a million dollars. :| We just kept telling him dont worry about that right now.. then his friends came in and he was telling them not to look at his ass :laugh: He is actually cracking jokes.. even though he keeps asking the same questions that we keep answering because he's still all groggy.

I just wish he didnt have to do more surgery. :slant: But I'm glad he's the same John I remember. He keeps wanting to get up to go to the bathroom and we're like.. uerm... you dont have to get up just go :silent: lol.

So I thought I would update you all.. and keep thanking you for your thoughts.. it means so much.

I think I should go dancing tonite. :dance:

:hug: to all.

Re: finally

Sicy said:
We just kept telling him dont worry about that right now.. then his friends came in and he was telling them not to look at his ass :laugh: He is actually cracking jokes.. even though he keeps asking the same questions that we keep answering because he's still all groggy.

I just wish he didnt have to do more surgery. :slant: But I'm glad he's the same John I remember. He keeps wanting to get up to go to the bathroom and we're like.. uerm... you dont have to get up just go :silent: lol.

*lol* :D

I'm glad that things are improving, Sicy. :hug:

Go dancing! If it makes you feel better, I'll even let you cha-cha my face. :D

Re: finally

:hug: Sicy! I'm glad to hear John is doing so much better! I hope you do go dancing tonite, you do deserve it!

Don't be surprised tho if John doesn't remember what happened. My aunt who was in a motorcycle accident to this day has no recollection of what happened until she woke up in the hospital.

Sometimes I think it's better that way though...it's part of the body's defense mechanism when things happen that are so traumatic.

Great news! I'm so happy to hear it! He sounds like a cool guy, he's going to be ahead of schedule! I hope you had fun dancing, every little thing is gonna be okay!:)

Good news indeed. Stanford is a top notch facility, he'll get the best of care there.
Keep the good news coming.

Last edited:
He wants 50 soft tacos and a gallon of water.

He thinks he's leaving tomorrow.

He wants to pull all the wires off him.. he wants to go to work. I think he's still delerious but I'm glad he still has a sense of humor.

hiatie make you miss things.

i'm sorry to hear about the accident sicy.

having read all 10 pages i'm glad to hear things are looking up.

john, yourself and the whole sicilian clan will be in my thoughts:)

John ate a hamburger today! And fruit, and juice. :) I'm sure it was gross but still. I brought him some candy too.

The boy is just crazy though. He keeps asking if he can leave. :| He's probly too drugged up to realize there's no way he's walking out of there. I told him he cant walk yet and he said Yes I can! :coocoo:

Sicy said:
He's probly too drugged up to realize there's no way he's walking out of there. I told him he cant walk yet and he said Yes I can! :coocoo:

A friend of ours was in a motorcycle crash before we knew him. The docs told him he'd never walk again, ever. When he walked out of the hospital, he wouldn't get into the wheelchair, he just walked out.

So, even though no one is telling John he'll never walk again, it's good to hear that he's ready to get back to his life. :D

Wow! Things are getting better...

How wonderful!
Is John's Italian name Giovanni?
Cuz if it is...I've got this to say....
And please do not be blown away by my extraordinary grasp of the beautiful Italian language....LOL...
Bravo!!!! Giovanni!!! Bravo!!!! Si amo tutti bravi!!!
Okay. That just was very embarrassing.:reject:
You'd think I'd know more after dating a Sicilian for the last 16 years. Trust me....if I hear one more time "When are you getting married already?" I think I'm going to pop a fookin vessel.:coocoo: :crack:
Dating since we were 15 and 17...now we're 31 and 33 (I'm 31..he's 33). A ring on the finger....but no liscence yet. :rant:
It's a long story. Neither of us want the 400 people Sicilian wedding....but I think that's what everyone else wants for us.:banghead:
Anyhow...enough about me.
This is just mind blowing news. John sounds more than a fighter.
He's a conquerer. If that's a word.(LOL...someone clarify for me!)
Your last 2 updates......
He wants 50 soft tacos and a gallon of water
AND
I mean....Christine!
A week ago you were in despair.
Now look at what you're reporting:
John ate a hamburger today! And fruit, and juice
And if there is any question if John is a fighter-or conquerer- just look at his mindset....and what a good mindset that is, might I add:
I told him he cant walk yet and he said Yes I can!
You see, Sicy. Everything is falling into it's right place. I believe that he has angels looking over him....and I'm not into religion whatsoever. But the one thing I do know is that John is being looked after....and combine that with that fighting Sicilian spirit....
Somehow....I feel in ways that the updates to come will be good ones.
Trust me on this one. The :angel:s are looking after him and you and your family.
S'attendo( my other half's nonna used to say this to me every day...god rest her soul) and keep us updated.
Still praying and wishing a speedy recovery...
:heart: Autumn

Sicy said:
He's probly too drugged up to realize there's no way he's walking out of there. I told him he cant walk yet and he said Yes I can! :coocoo:

yeah the loopy drugs will do that to you.

When my dad was in the hospital they gave him an epideral of straight morphine into his spine, needless to say he was pretty incoherant, talking about how he had to go and fix my grandmother's sink *note my grandmother had passed away two years before*.

Anyway, it is great that he is eating and starting to get better. :hug:

Sicy said:
John ate a hamburger today! And fruit, and juice. :) I'm sure it was gross but still. I brought him some candy too.

The boy is just crazy though. He keeps asking if he can leave. :| He's probly too drugged up to realize there's no way he's walking out of there. I told him he cant walk yet and he said Yes I can! :coocoo:

Eh, va bene. Bravo ragazzo! Mangia, mangia!

Sicy said:
He wants 50 soft tacos and a gallon of water.

i'm glad he's being silly and joking with you guys. that's an excellent sign.

i said a prayer for your family at the grotto at nd yesterday.

i'm so happy that things are looking up. :)

Ha ha autumn.. his italian name would be giovanni but its John on his bc. Wow you've been with your boyfriend for a very long time! I always enjoy reading your posts .. and daisy that's pretty funny. Loopy drugs.

I know its good that he's joking and wanting to get up but I'm just afraid if those stupid nurses arent watching him he'll try to get up and then fall on his ass and hurt himself more. :shame: This is a guy that cut his finger open a couple weeks ago and told his friends to give him a needle and thread and he'd sew it up himself. :der:

His girlfriend brought him taco bell last nite :laugh: I guess we can bring him whatever food he wants. I just want to bring him all kinds of stuff but he's still in icu so they dont allow certain things in there. He was even speaking french yesterday.. me and his gf were cracking up and like :coocoo: I guess now he went from 200mg of some kind of pain medicine down to 25mg. So he's probly going to be irritated and start having drug withdrawles :crack:

Cant wait to go see him today. He told his friend that his sister was going to bring him shorts and jeans and all this stuff.. haha.. I do want to bring him some boxers or something but I'm not sure he can wear them yet. His boss went to see him last nite. His boss is so damn cool.. he's going to keep paying John while he's in the hospital. That will help a ton.

Thank you flower for saying a prayer.. I still keep praying because of the next surgery, it will be a long one I'm sure.. but he seems strong now and should get through it ok.

I just finished reading all ten pages and I started with tears in my eyes, but now I am smiling! because Jon seems to be doing so much better! Great news. :D

Still sending my love to you and your family Christine. :hug:

Hey Sicy....
Gotta quote you here..
"Wow you've been with your boyfriend for a very long time! I always enjoy reading your posts ."
Thank you for the compliment. I'm here to send good vibes...
Very long time? That is almost an understatement!:lmao:
As I've said before...he's an emergency physician...in an underserviced city....so he's up to his ass in long shifts...so to take time out to do something as trivial as marry me doesn't seem to be an option right now.:shrug:
I smell a burn out in the air.:crack: :coocoo: :crack:
Needless to say I've been bothering him to take time off...but to no avail....it's just not part of his vocab.:rant:
I would love to get married somewhere else. Maybe Ireland or something. If we get married here in Toronto?That's it. 450 guest Sicilian wedding it is.:banghead::scream:
This made me literally laugh out loud:
"His girlfriend brought him taco bell last nite "
Hail hail to girlfriends!! Leave it to them for boyfriends' wishes to come true!!
John's going to get though that next surgery...no problemo. I can just feel it.:D
I think it's all the prayers....from everyone here...and everyone surrounding John...even his boss(sounds like a great guy by the way)...that is helping John pull through. Keep on praying everyone! Cuz it seems to be working!
And keep on encouraging John to eat!! Mangia Giovanni Mangia!!
That adds to his strength to recover....
Muchas Smoochas to ya, Sicy...
Autumn
PS Keep up the updates.

Back
Top Bottom