25 things...why not.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1.) I was born in Virginia and have also lived in Ohio, Texas, and Indiana.

2.) I was married for 25 years, have been divorced for 15 years, and have lived with MrPurrl for 15 years.

3.) I have a 39-year-old son.

4.) I love my job—but I wish there weren’t so much of it.

5.) I don’t get enough sleep.

6.) I feel best when the temperature is between 70 and 80 degrees, the sun is shining, and the humidity is low.

7.) I excel at writing, editing, spelling, and grammar.

8.) My favorite season is spring. Second favorite is autumn.

9.) I love our two cats, Callie (a calico) and Fergus, a huge golden tiger/ginger cat.

10.) A day without coffee is like night.

11.) My favorite television shows are “Lost”, “CSI” (the original), and “Battlestar Gallactica.”

12.) I love to stay up late and sleep late.

13.) Paradise for me is walking on the beach on Sanibel Island in October.

14.) I love my family – sisters, brother, their spouses, their children, my son, and MrPurrl—and cherish the times we are able to be together.

15.) I still miss my mother terribly, even though it’s been 7-1/2 years since she passed away.

16.) Some movies, books, music, and TV commercials make me cry. (As my son says, “How hard is *that*??”)

17.) My favorite food is coconut shrimp, and my favorite ice cream is chocolate almond.

18.) I like sleeping during thunder and lightning storms.

19.) I’m not afraid of death, but I’m sad that I won’t be around after I die.

20.) I get “homesick” for the Virginia mountains and the Gulf of Mexico.

21.) If all goes as planned, I’m going to Ireland this coming summer, something I’ve wanted to do all my life.

22.) I saw the Beatles at the Indiana State Fair in 1964.

23.) I like Zydeco music.

24.) Laughing makes me happy.

25.) I have no idea what color my hair is.

^ how many family members on interference? ^

I think only three: my two sisters (swandiver and ewings) and me. However, during the Vertigo tour, we managed to get our brother, his wife, their younger son, ewings' son, swandiver's daughter, and MrPurrl to various shows with us. I think MrPurrl lurks here now and then. :lol:

I think only three: my two sisters (swandiver and ewings) and me. However, during the Vertigo tour, we managed to get our brother, his wife, their younger son, ewings' son, swandiver's daughter, and MrPurrl to various shows with us. I think MrPurrl lurks here now and then. :lol:

:applaud: That's awesome!

*Copied and pasted from Myspace*

1. I love my job but it can be so stressful sometimes.

2. I don't care if it's negative 50 degrees outside, I'll still drink my coffee iced. Must be a Rhode Island thing I picked up when I lived there.

3. You couldn't tell from the shape I'm in now, but not too many years ago I did participate in kenpo karate and was state champion and ranked in the international ranking system I competed under. (I miss it alot but those days are over)

4. My middle name is a Sanksrit word for a Hindu deity. (Yea, my parents were like that)

5. I went to Ireland twice in one year...and to be honest I'm surprised they even let me back in the country.

6. I've been to the slums in Mumbai where Slumdog Millionaire was filmed. The movie actually makes it looks nicer than it really is, if you believe it or not. There is still something incredibly beautiful about that city.

7. It's been 17 years and I still miss my grandfather on my father's side almost every day. He was your quintessential college professor...with the gray beard, glasses, tweed jackets with elbow patches and always knew the right thing to say to make everything better.

8. Like many others I wasn't going to write this post, but enough people tagged me, then a few people harassed me directly, so now I'm doing it.

9. I love to socialize, but it totally exhausts me. I blame it on being an only child.

10. I'm 28 and still trying to learn how to walk gracefully in heels. I love the way they look but after a couple hours I'm clopping around like a moose.

11. I’ve finally come to terms with the reality that I’m never going to be a rock star or a best-selling novelist. Maybe.

12. I once sold jelly beans to LA Laker's Lamar Odom. And when I say "jelly beans" I really mean jelly beans and not in reference to how the term was used in Tropic Thunder. Just so nobody thinks I once sold heroin.

13. I am 100% Russian.

14. John is my favorite Beatle.

15. I’m doing what I wanted to do for a living since I was 5 years old: taking care of sick animals and loving on them.

16. I realize now that there were a lot of amazing people that I went to high school with and I wish I had been able to get to know them better.

17. I'm still trying to figure out how Amanda and I both survived high school without serious injury or criminal record.

18. I believe that when I talk to my dog Meko that he understands me.

19. If I'm channel surfing and Back To The Future is on...I will watch it regardless of what point in the movie it's on.

20. I've seen the Great Pyramids in person.

21. Nobody believes me, but I think I am shy.

22. I have had three cars in my life. All of them have had liftbacks. Only one has ever been airborne.

23. I don't understand why The Wonder Years is not available on DVD yet.

24. I had a dream this week that Madonna came and sat next to me at a cocktail lounge and told me I was ugly.

25. I don't like cilantro.

*Bonus*: You know the kind of car wash that you put your car in neutral and it goes on through on a track? I freak out in them and think the car behind me is going to ram into me or the brushes will come flying off the walls and decapitate me. Well, for some reason I always forget this fact until I'm back inside a car wash and it's too late.

OK, now that made me LOL!!! :lol:

Having just recently been in Ohio, I'll agree that there isn't much to the cooking!

RR HOF and Football HOF and some backwoods place where they make quilts.... :shrug:

Were you disapointed with the RR HOF as much as I was? Kind of a letdown...the only thing exciting was Bono's Fly costume and I got caught trying to get a closer picture (stupid railing got me in trouble, didn't know you had to stay on one side!). :angry:

I still have to visit the Carolina's to see Lisa...its in my bucket list...:)

And making the trip back out to Cali w/Mr. Blu is still on my list. Dammit, after five years of looking at the pictures & hearing the stories, I want a BAW house party before I shed this mortal coil. :madwife: :lol:

OK, here goes:

1. I am the youngest, I have an older brother named Kristiaan
2. I'm I-wegian, half Irish half Norwegian
3. July 4th is my favorite holiday
4. I have always lived near water...Lake Erie twice and the Atlantic
5. I never graduated from High School but I have a Ph.D and a DDS
6. I wanted to be a ballerina and can walk on my toes but I was 5'9" at 11
7. I've driven a train
8. I play piano and cello
9. I could swim before I could walk
10. I'm allergic to peanuts, pork, cabbage and all melons
11. I live on an Island
12. I'm learning Japanese
13. I love Copehagen
14. My cousin Liesel and I used to pretend we didn't speak
English when we went places together
15. I started a beer throwing brawl at a baseball game
16. I am a pretty good cook and better baker.
17. I can knit and sew
18. I'm cheap. I buy t-shirts and cashmere sweaters at the Salvation Army
19. I only wear men's watches
20. I'm addicted to Project Runway and Top Chef
21. I rent DVD's cause I always fall asleep in movie theatres
22. I almost died
23. I own a house I've never lived in
24. I love baseball and baseball players
25. I'm scared to death of dragonflies

1. I have this amazing ability to lose pens and pencils. Seriously, if you give me 10 pens, I'll be lucky to have 2 or 3 left within 6 hours.
2. Many days I like my dogs better than most people.
3. I used to be very shy and passive. Now I'm getting over that and speaking my mind.
4. Although I want to kill her sometimes, I :heart: my mom.
5. I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes on March 20th, 2006.
6. I am a very trusting person, which has lead me to get burned alot in the past.
7. I didn't graduate high school. I got my GED.
8. I'm a very sarcastic person, and I have to tell myself sometimes to not be like that so much since it can lead to misunderstandings.
9. I want to dye my hair, but I'm afraid that it will come out looking horrible.
10. I am extremely passionate about the subject of gay marriage(for it, BTW).
11. I have three bookshelves, and they still don't hold all of my books.
12. I love observing and hearing about drama, but I hate being apart of it.
13. Motivational posters make me laugh myself like crazy.
14. I am very picky about the men I date.
15. Split ends in my hair drive me crazy.
16. The 2+ hours of the U2 concert I saw has been the only time in my life so far that I have been completely and utterly happy without any other emotions conflicting.
17. I am addicted to Facebook.
18. I love curling up with a good book and a glass of Riesling.
19. I wear my Ugg boots to bed sometimes.
20. I hate getting manicures because I always wind up smudging the nail polish within 20 minutes.
21. It takes me at least 20 minutes to get out of bed from the time I wake up in the morning.
22. I miss the person my brother used to be.
23. I prefer cold to the heat.
24. In a few years, I hope to be a nurse.
25. I've had my ears pierced since I was 3 months old.

16. The 2+ hours of the U2 concert I saw has been the only time in my life so far that I have been completely and utterly happy without any other emotions conflicting.

:up: tru dat :yes:

(I feel like I am exactly where I belong at a U2 show . . . the stupid big dopey grin on my face doesn't leave for weeks afterwards either :) pure, unreserved joy is a beautiful beautiful thing)

Were you disapointed with the RR HOF as much as I was? Kind of a letdown...the only thing exciting was Bono's Fly costume and I got caught trying to get a closer picture (stupid railing got me in trouble, didn't know you had to stay on one side!). :angry:

I went there in 2003, I think. They had that big exhibit there and you couldn't bring a camera in.

1) use twitter
2) use facebook
3) work
4) school (college parttime)
5) music trivia is something i know
6) likes U2
7) likes the music band the police
8) likes the music of sting
9) likes the Da Vinci Code etc... books.
10) fave member of U2 is edge
11) favorite member of the police that would be sting.
12) uses music to calm down sometimes.
13) or to block certain sounds out.
14) or to help express my feelings even if it is a small part of the lyrics that i can relate to.
15) i couldn't fall asleep if it was raining before i went to bed.
16) forget sleep if it is a thunderstorm.
17) the sound of metal against metal is not one that i like
18) nor the sound of birds (even though uknown caller has birds in it i lump it 'cause i know it is to contrast w/ our bird the edge.)
19) i have a laptop
20) i have an USB mouse
21) i have an USB
22) i have an MP3 Player
23) i have a backpack/laptop case in one (aka looks like a backpack)
24) i hate SEPTA they are soooooooooooo reliable when it comes to transportation... NOT.
25) likes to make collages on pc in paint from pics from photobucket.

I just copied and pasted what I had on my face book of 25 random things about me.

1.) I'm probably the most sensitive person you'll ever know I care way to much about who and what is around me, I'm easily misunderstood which leads me to get hurt, which also leads to me overreacting over something.

2.) I'm a nerd I love science and anything nerdy.

3.) I'm not your normal girl I tend to do what the boys do, burp fart, and watch sports without caring, BUT I can be a lady when I want to be.

4.) I love my family to death, especially my Dad who I'm extremely close to you talk bad about him I usually don't talk to you again.

5.) I am very temperamental and get moody at times which can get me into trouble, I don't mean to be it just happens.

6.) I love animals to death even the ones that are ugly to most, like Steve Irwin always said WHAT A BOUT!

7.) I'm a Christian, but I'm not as realgouis as people think I am, I love God but I am no bible thumper (no offensive to anyone).

8.) I love to challenge myself, and sometimes over do it, but I love a challenge.

9.) I say something I mean it period, don't challenge me or question me, I hate drama with a passion.

10.) I speak my mind and stick up to what I believe is right even if it pisses everyone off I stick to my guns, but I sometimes says things I don't mean to say and regret it later.

11.) I try at lest everything once if given the chance, but I'm no wild child, and I even do things when told not to,example don't do any type of sports since you have screws in your leg, what did I do I went snow blading down a mountain and had a blast

12.) I'm majoring in Zookeeping technology and want to be a vet tech and get into nursing.

13.) I don't know alot about movies or tv, I don't watch as much as most.

14.) I believe in the paranormal Ghost, UFOS, stuff along those lines, in fact I'm a paranormal investigator.

15.) I tend to talk to myself when I am bored.

16.) I don't have many friends, and tend to to stick to myself, and I don't get along with females well, that comes from a trust factor, but that doesn't mean I won't try to be friends with a female.

17.) I don't trust people very much, that comes from when I do I get screwed no matter what and I was picked on all my life and still am.

18.) I get to attached way to easily to people and things that I like or love alot, which tends to get my hurt a lot, and also misunderstood.

19.) I'm dyslexic meaning I read backwords right to left and sometimes I have to have things read to me, or certain color paper etc, which sometimes effects me spelling, grammar, etc.

20.) It takes me awhile to understand something or understand what is going, but it doesn't mean I'm stupid

21.) I love rollarcoasters even though they scare me to death

22.)I lick my lips alot, and bite my nails when I am nervous as well as bite my lip

23.) I procrastinate but get things done

24.) I have ADD/ADHD so my tension span is not the greatest, my mind runs everywhere

25.)I love fighter jets, and aircraft carriers, and if I had my way I would be flying jets off carriers

Back
Top Bottom