25 things...why not.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. No matter how many times I've seen them, I still crack up at every episode of "That 70s Show", "Friends", and "Three's Company".
2. I am very likely addicted to shopping. I spend way too much money on clothes and shoes.
3. I love Jesus, but I'm not a big fan of His groupies anymore.
4. I used to make fun of my friends and every one I knew that read/watched the Harry Potter series, and now I'm the biggest fangirl ever. I'd go sleazy for Ron Weasley...or Harry.
5. I still think most of SNL is funny.
6. I love music of all kinds, classic rock to rap to pop, to blues, to jazz, to big band and basically everything is on my iPod. I hate emo, and most popular music today, though.
7. I am probably more obsessed with U2 and Madonna than anyone else you know.
8. I am the biggest political/history nerd ever. I love debating politics with people, but I tend to get worked up really quickly.
9. I loathe and despise the Republican party and everything it stands for.
10. I'm the girliest girl ever, yet I love war movies. This is made even stranger by the fact that I am against most war as well.
11. I think James Dean is the sexiest man to ever walk the face of the earth and also one of the most talented.
12. My name would've been "Derek Tyler Nagy", if I were a boy.
13. Dancing and singing in my car while driving is one of my favorite past times.
14. I am most definitely addicted to coffee, to the point that I get major headaches if I go too long without it.
15. I have the best friends in the world.
16. I will not rest until "The Wonder Years" is released on DVD.
17. I want to work in Human Rights when I get older because to me that's the most important work in the world.
18. I wish I was a really good cook like my grandma and my mom.
19. I sometimes wonder what my future husband and children will look like, but I don't want to get married for quite awhile.
20. I spend too much money on In Style, Cosmo, and Us Weekly magazines.
21. I wish I owned Starbucks and/or Borders.
22. I will often bring up quotes from movies/TV that no one remembers but me.
23. I still love going to the park and going on the swings.
24. I talk too loud most of the time.
25. I think that whoever first said there's no such thing as a dumb question, was a person who never worked in retail.

I'm not, but MrPurrl is!

That's awesome. I actually am on both of my paternal grandparents' sides. My grandma was already a Nagy when she married my papa. A lot of people think that's weird, but Nagy is such a popular Hungarian name it's actually not that uncommon. It would be like a Smith marrying someone else with the last name Smith.

That's awesome. I actually am on both of my paternal grandparents' sides. My grandma was already a Nagy when she married my papa. A lot of people think that's weird, but Nagy is such a popular Hungarian name it's actually not that uncommon. It would be like a Smith marrying someone else with the last name Smith.

He says the Hungarians are taking over, anyway. :D

Okay, komt 'ie dan he:

1. I'm the youngest child. I have a brother who is 18 months older.
2. I'm half Indonesian and half Dutch. The rest of my ancestors are from Germany, Belgium, China, England, Scotland and IRELAND. :bono: :edge: :adam: :larry:
3. I don't have a drivers licence, I only have my bike and a train pass:hyper:
4. Right winged politicians really bother me:doh:
5. I used to study Egyptology, but then I did't see myself translating hieroglyphic texts 'till my retirement, I switched to Archaeology a few years ago:up:
6. My studies take too long now due to a lack of motivation the past few years.
7. My boyfriend survived cancer last summer.
8. My mom survived cancer last month.
9. I'm scared lately about what's going to happen/ can happen to my family. My brother smokes too much pot and I'm afraid that my dad will drink too much due to all the shite that's been goin' on.
10. But I had a perfect childhood!:cute:
11. I'm addicted to coffee and cigarettes!
12. I'm a huge nail biter, half my nailbeds are shown, my fingers sometimes bleed. I want to quit, but on the other hand I like doing the biting thing!:huh:
13. Is one of my lucky numbers.
14. I love my family and friends, they are really important to me!
15. I love to cook for them.
16. Thai and Moroccan food are my favourite!
17. I'm a huge Stephen King fan.
18. People see me as a tough rock chick who is always happy, but I cry easily over songs and movies:sad:
19. I was popular in high school, due to the fact that I had the weirdest cloting style, I bullied the bullies and popular bitches back and supported the people who got bullied. Yeah, I've been into a few fights.
20. I love to go to a bar with friends sing really loud to music (especially U2 of course) and drink a lot of beer.
21. I love art and traveling, to meet other people and cultures.
22. Till last summer I never knew that I could be afraid. Before I wasn't afraid of anyone, anything at all!
23. I believe in reincarnation. In fact, I have memories of past lives.
24. I live in Leiden, a lot of people think I have a rather weird or a hilarious accent, but that's because I'm a Brabo en I'm proud of it!

BRABANT DE GEKSTE!!!

25. Seriously! I don't know why I'm telling you all this. Usually I'm a very private person

1. I am clausterphobic.
2. I love playing Frogger.
3. I like to pick the dead ends off of my hair.
4. Peeing in the ocean is fun.
5. I am a moderate Republican, however, dont speak to me during election time.
6. I've been playing guitar for five years..a little more?
7. I love singing.
8. I love lemons.
9. I dont like organized religion. (I went to Catholic school...pre-k-high school)
10. One day I hope to write for Rolling Stone magazine.
11. I've had a huge crush on The Edge since I was about fourteen.
12. I'm crazy, in a rock n roll way.
13. I cant stop watching Lost even though I would like to.
14. I think Jeremy Davies is hot...ONLY as Daniel Faraday.
15. I never take my One bracelet off.
16. I have been writing short stories since the fifth grade.
17. I have a thing for older men.
18. I don't care if people call me a ginger.
19. I am a rock star, it intimidates some.
20. Eddie Vedder and I would make beautiful babies.
21. I dont like shopping.
22. I love sunglasses.
23. I want to have sex with the intro of Magnificent.
24. Concerts are my own personal brand of heroin.
25. I love Irish accents.

24. I live in Leiden, a lot of people think I have a rather weird or a hilarious accent, but that's because I'm a Brabo en I'm proud of it!
BRABANT DE GEKSTE!!!
[/B]

I like the Brabo accent very much. I find it much more pleasant to listen to than some other accents I hear on the tv.

Some Irish accents are ok, some are completely awful. :reject:

1. I estimate that it will take me about an hour to come up with 25 things that are interesting enough about myself to warrant compiling a list of them.

2. That first fact took me 5 minutes to come up with. :|

3. There is a short list of movies in this world that I can watch repeatedly without ever tiring of. They are (in no particular order): The Wizard of Oz; Raising Arizona; The Princess Bride; Beetlejuice; A Christmas Story & Scrooged.

4. I do 90% of the driving anytime Kelly & I go anywhere together, be it the grocery store or a 13-hr road trip.

5. Once, while living in Owensboro, KY, I flew into Green Bay, WI & spent 3hrs driving to Madison, WI for the express purpose of seeing U2 in concert. It.was.worth.every.penny. (Disclaimer: I realize on this site, that's not really anything extraordinary, but half of this list was copied from my Facebook page. :) )

6. I can't simply ball up wrappers from fast food, crackers, candy, etc. to throw them away. I have to fold them in a particular pattern...thank you, OCD.

7. Another OCD trait: If I see a stranger walking around with a shirt tag sticking out of their collar, I have to focus on diverting my attention elsewhere so I don't reach out & fix it. If I know you though, you're fair game with no warning.

8. I have two tattoos - one on my right ankle that was a 30th birthday present to myself & one on my left shoulder in memory of my dad.

9. My husband & mother-in-law have made it their mission in life to nag me into trying out for either Wheel of Fortune or Jeopardy - or both. So far I've resisted their efforts.

10. I like monkeys. Even the Flying Monkeys from the Wizard of Oz - they never scared me as a kid, I just thought they were cool as all get out.

11. I wear the same size in men's shoes as Kelly so when he gets really cool sneakers, I can steal them. He does not take advantage of this fact with my shoes... at least, not that I know of.

12. I'll be 38 years old in about 2 weeks & although I do drink, I have only ever been drunk once in my life - and that was just 3 years ago.

13. I never realized just how much I idolized my Dad until he died. I would stomp anyone who spoke ill of him now into a bloody pulp - that's what an amazing man he was.

14. I don't know how to explain how I do it, but I can make my eyes shake without moving the rest of my head & have been able to do it since I was a child. Some people find it fascinating, but most people just think it's freaky or gross. :lol:

15. My husband & I are both each other's "first & only"... since we were 18.

16. I survived uterine cancer last summer. My uterus did not.

17. I believe there are very few foodstuffs in this world the addition of cheese &/or onions wouldn't improve the taste of. :drool:

18. I freakin' love roller coasters.

19. My mother & I used to have epic battles of will until I moved out immediately after high school. I was the queen of 'cutting off your nose to spite your face'. Case in point: when I was about 15 my parents made plans to keep us out of school one Friday (which NEVER happened) so we could all go to the State Fair. I was mad at my mom for something, so I made them take me to school just so I wouldn't have to spend the day with her. I've since learned not to be such an ass to her. :reject:

20. My best friend & I have been best friends since we met in kindgergarten, 33 years ago.

21. I don't hate ketchup, but I'd much rather have Catalina/Honey French dressing, some Heinz 57 steak sauce, or a bit of mayo on my fries.

22. I have put serious thought in recent years to some day opening a little grill that would serve cheese burgers made with my dad's recipe. I'd think he'd get a real kick out of his posthumous notoriety. :D

23. I've never officially met any of U2's members, but in 2001 I did manage to get Bono's autograph as he arrived at the Garden, when I'd been in the city less than one hour.

24. I love a big bowl of cereal as a late night snack & generally have at least two types of cereal in the house at all times.

25. Four of my toes (two on each foot) are webbed. Kelly loves to work this little tidbit into the conversation whenever we're in a social setting.

26. I don't remember the last time I put so much thought & effort into something which mattered so little as this stupid list. :grumpy: :wink:

1. My name is not Angela. It's Anna.
2. I've been a hairdresser, a social worker and a fine arts student (never an artist :( ). I'm now almost a criminologist, and no, it's not like CSI. And no, nothing is like CSI - it's fiction. Criminology is the study of crime itself and the laws and justice system it falls under. And, yes, I can get a job when I'm done. I want to do research. I think that answers all questions that are usually asked when I say I'm doing this. And yes, I may get a 3rd degree, what's it to you? :madspit: I like studying! lol
3. Where was I? Oh yeah, I have a short attention span. Probably not helped by me studying full time, raising mongrel kids, renovating a house (still :yawn: ) and other stuff. I'm busy. :grumpy:
4. I quit things as suddenly as I start them - smoking, biting my nails.. other things, but I've forgotten them.
5. I once broke into a church.
6. I have lists constantly in my head, on my phone, on scraps of paper. Lists are my friend. And enemy.
7. I have a problem with buying DVDs. Seriously. I've got hundreds, and some hundred odd more i've never even watched.
8. My fear of spiders rules my life.
9. I've got a masterpiece in me. I'm yet to find it. I will one day. It may not be great, but I'll be proud. And pleased. :)
10. I'm bored with writing this now, so I'll finish by saying I'm getting really green as time goes on. As in recycling, etc. It's getting quite the time hogging hobby!

Yay! Thanx LauraM! Denk maar dat ik nu met een zachte G tegen je praat, haha!:hug:

Ik heb geleerd de zachte G omdat mijn vriend een Nederlander is (ik ben Ierse). Ik kan niet goed Nederlands praten. Sorry. Ik woon hier met de Brabanders al 6 maanden. :D

1. I have one younger sibling (brother)
2. Coffee is my favourite drink
3. I've never smoked (tried) a cigarette
4. I LOVE to travel
5. I have lived in 3 countries (and speak 3 languages)
6. I share Bono's birthday :love:
7. Traveling on trains while listening to my iPod relaxes me
8. I used to paint and draw a lot when I was younger....and wish I would get into that again
9. I am a chocoholic
10. Blue has always been my favourite colour
11. I love water (being in it, near it..... living close to it)
12. I love reading
13. I collect postcards
14. I HATE facebook
15. I was a total tomboy when I was younger
16. I can't stand girls like Paris Hilton
17. I have always had lots of male friends
18. love summers
19. Hate snow
20. I just started my own company
21. I am a private person
22. ...and hate when people ask too many questions about my personal life
23. I wish i was more motivate to work out
24. in fact i admire people who work out on regular basis
25. I am a very devoted person
26. It takes A LOT to push me over the line, but when it happens....watch out!
27. I enjoy going out for some drinks with my friends
28. I met all members of U2

I got this from my facebook which I just made tonight.

1. I have awesome friends.

2. I can be very funny, at lease my friends seem to think so.

3. I love photography.:camera:

4. My family and friends are my favorite people.:grouphug:

5. I love movies, The Lord of the Rings trilogy, X-Men trilogy, Forrest Gump, Once, A Christmas Story, Pay It Forward, and Meet The Parents to name a few.

6. U2, The Beatles, The Red Hot Chili Peppers are my all time favorite bands.:bono::edge::larry::adam:

7. Stephen King and Dean Koontz are my favorite authors.

8. Blue is my favorite color.

9. I live in Delaware.....yes it really is a state.

10. I told my sister that I voted for Obama, she told me that I was sleeping outside.

11. I will laugh if you say the word 'lupus'.

12. I can trace my heritage back to the 1640s, to a man named Richard Lane.

13. I hate roller-coasters, I get motion sickness from them.:yikes:

14. I wore a tie almost everyday of high school.

15. I'm taking 15 hours of classes (5 classes for these days, 6 classes total) on Mondays and Thursdays.:|:crazy:

16. I was born 14 weeks (3 months and almost 2 weeks) early, weighing 1 pound and 6 ounces. The doctors gave me a 1 percent chance of living.

17. I'm hard of hearing, due to getting sepsis from a dirty needle at 2 months old.

18. I love anything to do with true crime, from books to tv shows.

19. The only country that I've been to is Canada, twice for only a day each; they were great times.

20. I really want to go to Ireland.

21. I don't know what type of job I want after college.

22. My favorite type of music is rock.:rockon:

23. I can be very sarcastic at times.

24. Some of my favorite tv shows are: The Office, The Amazing Race, Survivor, 30 Rock, Lost, Seinfeld, House M.D., Law & Order SVU, and Hell's Kitchen.

25. It's late, I'm tired, I can't think of anything for #25.:yawn:

Back
Top Bottom