25 things...why not.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. I lived on a small island for 8 years.
2. I counted the days until I was 18, and could move back to the city.
3. Both of my pinky fingers are double jointed.
4. I used to be a competitive runner, and have just been getting back into it again in the last 2 years. I had forgotten how much I love running.
5. I have a relative who is a well-known Canadian singer.
6. I wish I hadn't stopped singing/playing guitar & piano, and hope to pick it up again soon.
7. On my 16th birthday, I hit a parked car and drove away without leaving a note. There was no visible damage, but I still feel guilty about it.
8. I went on a university exchange program to Ireland, and it was the best few months of my life.
9. I love photography, and am trying to get better at it.
10. Even though it's tough to make ends meet, I'd rather be short on cash than live with another person. I love living by myself!
11. I'm a citizen of Canada and the USA, and I've loved living and working in both countries.
12. I spend all my fun money on books and going to concerts and hockey games.
13. I've known my best friend since we were 13 years old, and in high school everyone used to call us The Twins because we were joined at the hip. We still are, almost 16 years later.
14. My family are wonderful, and I'm very close with most of them. I enjoy spending time with my parents - they're actually pretty cool people!
15. I'm addicted to coffee. Don't approach me in the mornings until I've had at least one cup.
16. I used to re-write the notes I took in class if the printing wasn't perfect. That habit stopped in university.
17. I can't stand drawers or cabinets that are left open - I have to close them, even when I'm not at my house.
18. I am petrified of flying, and used to have to take lots of drugs to calm me down before getting on a plane. In December I finally was able to fly without any drugs at all, which was a huge accomplishment. It's taken me years to get to that point.
19. I wish I didn't have to wear glasses, but I think my eyes look way too small without them.
20. I'm 5'8" and wish I could be taller.
21. If I could be a photojournalist, and travel around the world, I think I would be the happiest person alive.
22. Summer is my favourite time of year. Hell, any time the sun is out is a happy day for me.
23. I have crazy dreams, and can usually remember them all.
24. I'm a huge procrastinator.
25. I can't think of anything else to say.

1. I wanna rock right now
2. I came to get down
3. I'm not internationally known
4. I'm known to rock the microphone
5. I get stoopid, I mean outrageous. Stay away from me if you're contagious.
6. I'm the winner, no, I'm not the loser
7. To be an M.C. is what I choose 'a
8. Ladies love me.
9. Girls adore me - I mean even the ones who never saw me like the way that I rhyme at a show. The reason why? Man, I don't know
10. I once got busy in a burger king bathroom*.
11. I like the whopper, fuck the big mac. Actually, I like the big mac too, but I prefer the whopper.
12. BSG is my favorite show on TV, probably ever. I'm glad it's ending though.
13. I have all kinda of weird hangups with numbers. Like I can't stop reading a book if I'm on page 13, 17, 47, 87 or any page ending in 6.
14. I used to pull out my hair. Didn't even know I was doing it.
15. I have an awful memory. I need to carry a book around to write things down so I remember to do them.
16. I went to seminary school for 3 1/2 years.
17. I have a BA in English.
18. My current job is all about numbers. I sucked @ math.
19. I find the universe endlessly fascinating and I am 100% sure we don't know shit about how things are or how they work. In 1000 years we'll be considered as barbaric as peoples 1000 years ago.
20. I can play the guitar, sorta.
21. It is impossible for me to hear a hair metal song and not laugh. I've tried.
22. I love being a father.
23. I would like to go all Walden and try living in a cabin like Thoreau did. I give myself 1 night before I realize that was a stupid idea.
24. Plums are my favorite fruit.
25. My last two music purchases have been because of Yo Gabba Gabba. :sad:

*10. This is not true.

(1.I`m the first of 7 children

(2.I have the name of a capital

(3.I suck at math

(4.I love reading Fanfiction

(5.I write fanfiction

(6.I didn`t start riding a bike till I was 5

(7.I`m terrified of rats,spiders and heights

(8. I only have 250 songs on my 80G iPod,but I know all the lyrics

(9.I`m an artist in two ways

(10.I don`t like to talk on the phone that much

(11.I have a great grandpa that is 93 going on 94

(12.I love anything that has to do with electronics

(13.I love most things that other women wouldn`t even think about liking

(14.I like any haircolor other than mine and red,unless it is the kool-aid color

(15.I`ll go down in the history of greatest music

(16.I started playing the guitar when I was 9

(17.I have blue eyes,and I love blue eyes

(18.I play the piano

(19.I hate the color green

(20.I love the Summer and Winter

(21.80`s-90`s music is the best in the world

(22.I`m really random

(23.I become obsessed with certain things all over again

(24.I have seen something that seems like UFO`s in the sky around where we live

(25.I think werewolves are cool

Screw it, Im gonna make one. >__>

1)I live on an island too. Have done for about 10 years now.
2)But I was born in Liverpool, England.
3)Have a brother and half sister, havent seen my sister for 5 or so years.
4)I have a niece of the same sister whom I havent met
5)I have hypermobility in my thumbs. (theyre bendy, can bend back pretty far)
6)Some guy shook my hand the other day for having good music taste
7)Can play the guitar and bass, have a GCSE in music but I cant read music.
8)Ive never had a proper boyfriend. :tsk:
9)I have a pet bunny and guinea pig. Our 5th rabbit and 2nd guinea pig.
10)Ive had 2 provisional driving licences but have neither taken lessons nor have a car. :mad:
11)I had a dream that Princess Diana died, then I woke up and she had.
12)Ive never been able to get a job by myself, no matter where I applied to, which was normally supermarkets, high street shops, etc. Yet a few weeks ago, I was accepted to work in a hospital. :|
13)Im pretty scared about starting the above job. :uhoh:
14)My favourite colour is green. Sorta lime green.
15)I dye my hair red and/or purple occasionally.
16)Apparantly the temperature in my room is in the recommended refrigerator temp band. :|
17)Ive never been abroad
18)I really like fixing things. I tried to fix the washing machine today, failed. But hey, I tried.
19)I quite like video games. Theyre probably my second favourite thing next to music.
20)I really wanna be a rockstar. :drool:
21)I should probably go to bed, I have college tomorrow. D:
22)Ive had braces on my teeth for about 5 years. :madwife:
23)Sometimes I think Im a gay man trapped in a womans body. I like a lot of guy stuff. >_>
24)Ive been a U2 fan since I was 11, and I missed school to get tix, and missed my maths GCSE exam to see them. :
25)I want to go home.

1. I love pizza.
2. I believe in Karma, what comes around goes around.
3. I love my 2 boys more than life.
4. I couldn't live without my husband, my he's my high school sweetheart.
5. I wish I could swim.
6. Seeing U2 in concert makes me cry.
7. I adore my nieces.
8. I am blessed with a great family (mom, dad, bro.)
9. In my head I am really 19.
10. I suck at Math.
11. I wish I could have been a great artist.
12. Diet Pepsi runs through my veins.
13. I loved the 80's. (still do)
14. I'm afraid of cruise ships.
15. My favorite color is Aqua.
16. I don't know my biological father.
17. I used to think Tom Jones was my father.
18. I was at the Dog Day Afternoon bank robbery.
19. I never go into banks, only do atms.
20. I hate mushrooms!!!
21. Bono is my favorite person. (sorry)
22. I wanted to be a hippy. (still do)
23. I wanted to be a go-go dancer when I was little.
24. I like to give more than I receive.
25. I'm told I carry the world on my shoulders.

Did you buy the Cool Tricks guys CD or something? :lol: And is this show actually an 80s-early 90s show, or do they just make daggy cool? It's so stuck in a time warp.

I think it's pretty modern, actually. THey must have found some rejected costumes from some 80s kid show and run with it.

My purchases were the Ting Tings and the Roots songs from the show. Happy little ditties.

25 Things- By MrPryck

1- I'm lefthanded

2- I'm the youngest of four siblings. 2 girls/2 boys

3- The day I was born, Nixon was elected president

4- My favorite color is blue

5- My favorite food is pizza

6- I somewhat resemble Ralph Macchio and we share the same birthday (he's older)

7- U2 are my favorite band of all time

8- I was 17 years old when I lost my virginity

9- I boycott McDonald's

10- I haven't stepped foot in a body of water in years

11- I'm a Godfather

12- I've been the Best Man at a wedding twice

13- I've seen the movie Dreamgirls at least 25 times

14- I've never farted in front of my significant other

15- I love the smell of matches

16- I met my closest friend when I was 7 years old

17- I only wear Adidas sneakers

18- I never hang anything from the rearview mirror of my car

19- I don't like bumper stickers (especially the "Honor Student" ones)

20- I always put the toilet the seat back down after I pee

21- Judge Judy is my favorite TV judge

22- I don't practice a religion

23- I don't have any tattoos

24- The Summer of 1990 was the best Summer of my life (see: lost virginity at age 17, lol)

25- Someday I'd like to be a dad :hmm:

1) My parents were going to name me Elizabeth. Andrew if I was a boy.

2) I'm the only girl in the family, right smack in the middle of four boys.

3) I've been to Europe twice.

4) I was engaged when I was 22.

5) I swear I have a male brain sometimes.

6) I'm extremely flexible. I can bend my fingers all the way back and I can lie on my stomach and stretch my legs completely back to touch my nose with my toes :tongue:

7) I got a pony for my 10th birthday. I named her Beauty.

8) I've never been stung by a bee or any other insect.

9) I've never been to the emergency room, but all four of my brothers have been. Several times.

10) I was told by a psychic that I will have twins one day(I'll probably topple over :uhoh: )

11) I'm part french and part slovak.

12) I have an IQ of 147 :nerd:

13) I spent an evening on a balcony in Hawaii, sipping expensive wine with Bono :hyper: (At a different table, mind you..)

14) I'm a bloody fantastic cook. Mostly taught by my grandmother.

15) I have a HooverPuppy™ :| Eats everything. *cleans up bits of mascara tube*

16) I once got so stoned, I ended up sitting in the middle of the floor and sobbing :lmao:

17) I drink tea at all times of the day :heart:

18) I was once a vegetarian. I don't miss it.

19) I was a straight A+ student in college and on the Dean's list, but I quit high school when I was 15.

20) I was baptized with stolen holy water by two uber-religious aunts that were terrified for my soul when my parents didn't have it done.

21) I wear a size 4 1/2 shoe.

22) I'm 5'1" and just under 100lbs, but I'm much stronger than I look. I hurt big, strong men on a daily basis at work.

23) I'm a classically trained pianist.

24) Friends and family, old and new, are the only thing I can't live without. 'Shared joy is double joy, shared sorrow is half sorrow.'

25) I love documentaries. You could show me any subject at all, even one I'd normally care nothing about, in documentary form and I'll be glued to the tv.

1. I am as British as they come :sexywink:
2. I live in the North of England, right by the North Sea.
3. I am over 6 foot tall.
4. I bought my iPhone for £5.
5. Met Bono twice on the same day, a year apart
6. I own a piece of Staples
7. I dropped out of high school
8. I'm left handed, but can I use my right hand for somethings
9. I eat loads of chocolate :love:
10. My favorite colour is blue
11. I like swimming
12. I watched all 10 seasons of Friends in 4 weeks
13. I love wine
14. I have 4 guitars
15. I play too many video games
16. I like Lost and 24
17. I have a million sunglasses :cool:
18. My middle name is the same as my second
19. I've had dogs and cats all my life
20. I love my girlfriend very much, and spoil and pamper her to no end :heart:
21. I've shopped at Harrods twice
22. I'm the happiest I've ever been these days
23. I have blue eyes that turn greenish near the iris
24. My shoe size is UK 11
25. I love food with a passion :drool:

1. Noone in my family calls me by my real name. Instead they call me Nikki which is a nickname for my middle name Nicole.

2. Have 2 sisters and 4 brothers

3. Growing up I always wanted to be a pediatrics nurse. Discovered law when I got older and fell in love with it

4. Love to kickbox and am pretty good at it

5. Lost over a 100lbs on my own (still going strong with it)

6. My husband and I are the very best of friends

7. Am addicted to books and movies

8. Im the happiest when Im on a warm beach somewhere

9. Frogs scare the hell out of me

10. Sometimes I enjoy complete silence for hours on end

11. Whenever I get really upset or mad I cuss a lot

12. Have a bad temper

13. Never learned how to ride a bike

14. When I was 5 I almost drowned in our swimming pool

15. Have a tendency to go outside not wearing a coat no matter how cold it is

16. One summer I got bit by a deer tick,developed lyme disease and eventually Bell's Palsy from the viral infection in my facial nerve

17. For many months I was not able to close my left eye all of the way until the paralysis wore off

18. I love one of my neice's like she was my own

19. Have a fear of heights

20. Whenever Im tired I get hyper

21. Am not a morning person

22. Love writing and poetry

23. Take my friendships very seriously

24. Am one of the most loyal people you could ever meet

25. Have an addiction to Sour Patch Kids

1. My full name is Marikit Empresita Enrica Lucy Mary McCann.

2. I am a music slut. I have like 7500 mp3s and maybe 250 cds. And I'm damn proud of it.

3. Very few people have heard my singing voice, but I love to sing.

4. In the same vein, I've always wanted to start or be in a band. I've got an Epiphone Les Paul Goldtop that I am also quite proud of. It's my baby, if you will.

5. I've been thinking lately that I'd like to work for Via Rail. Senior Service Attendants (Stewards/stewardesses) make a cool $18/hour and get to see the country. Sounds like a mighty sweet gig.

6. I have a cell phone, but I never use it. In fact, it's sitting in my jacket pocket right now with a dead battery. I like to throw $50 down the toilet every month.

7. I'm a sleep baby. I need about 9-10 hours of sleep a night in order to function at full capacity. I've even taken to napping in the afternoons on my days off.

8. I have some sort of anxiety disorder. Probably GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder) - I've had to quit/give up on certain things that I loved and wanted because of it, which sucks. But I'm on medication and I was seeing a therapist for 2 years and I think I have improved greatly since... 2004?

9. I don't believe in renting apartments. When I move out on my own, I want to ideally have a house/condo of my own. ...Preferably with a pool.

10. I was raised Catholic, but I'd probably fit in better with Unitarian Universalism. The internet told me so.

11. I'm a huge video game nerd. I would stay up all night playing Nintendo or Playstation, but fact #7 means that that will never happen.

12. One of my biggest fears: Bugs and spiders. I like ladybugs though.

13. I've been wanting to learn to play the violin. But I have neither the time nor the resources. It's just such a beautiful sounding instrument (when played well).

14. I might have a road rage problem. I just can't stand people who drive shitty and make their own rules. I love to drive, but people ruin it sometimes.

15. I love the 80's. Even though I was only alive for half of it, some of the best movies and music are from the 80's. The Breakfast Club? The Joshua Tree? Yeah, that's what I thought.

16. Remember that movie Never Been Kissed? Yeah, that was based on me.

17. I'm gonna be a bridesmaid this summer. :)

18. I love exercising: cycling, playing soccer, running, skating. Nothing beats the satisfaction of a good workout.

19. I kind of want to get a tattoo. On my forearm. Of a tree. That'd be badass.

20. From one line, I could probably tell you which Seinfeld episode it's from.

21. I own lots of shoes. I have at least a pair for each day of the week. I could use a new pair...

22. J'ai réçu mon diplôme de littérature et langues modèrnes l'année passé. J'espère qu'il pourrait m'aider à atteindre un bon emploi à l'avenir.

23. There was a time when I thought I wanted to play soccer professionally. That time has passed. I just like to play for fun now. I don't like the pressure of competition.

24. I need a good show to come to Winnipeg. I haven't been to a concert in ages. Preferably U2. Or No Doubt. Or Sigur Ros. Or Tegan & Sara again. Or Kathy Griffin! She's my new favorite comedienne.

25. This took me over an hour to type.

Copied from my Facebook.

1. I fall asleep incredibly quickly, usually within a minute after going to bed. I'm a light sleeper, though.
2. I really, really love people, but I'm incredibly self-conscious and worried that people will think I'm weird or overly friendly, so I don't talk much and I don't make friends very easily.
3. I am obsessed with charity shops, especially Oxfam. I have to go every week, even though they usually have the same books and never have any clothes in my size.
4. I have never done any kind of illegal drug.
5. Even though I own hundreds of books I've never read, I can't stop myself from buying more. My Amazon wishlist is eleven pages long, and I add new books all the time.
6. I love saving money. Mortgage and utility bills aside, I could easily live on a tiny amount of money each month if Sam didn't insist that we eat real food and not the cheapest stuff available.
7. I order loads of free samples and do online surveys and product testing to get Amazon vouchers and money.
8. I'm a hoarder and really have to stop myself from keeping too much rubbish because I never do anything with it. I especially like to come up with craft/sewing ideas that I never follow through. When Sam is about to throw something away, I think, "Wait! I could use that to make something!"
9. I really want a daughter.
10. I'm very paranoid about my stepmom not liking me because we didn't get on at all when I was growing up. Now I'm terrified of unintentionally offending her (far above my normal fear of offending people!).
11. I absolutely love religion even though I'm an atheist.
12. I can't be away from my cats for more than a couple of minutes without really missing them. It's very difficult for me to go on holiday, and even when Sam and I are just going into the city to run errands, I keep saying, "I wonder what the cats are doing now..." I wish I could teach them to answer the phone so I could check up on them throughout the day.
13. I feel very uncomfortable when I'm not wearing makeup and perfume.
14. I am an ordained minister through the Universal Life Church.
15. I have a recurring nightmare that I have to go back to high school in Kentucky and I'm failing a calculus class that I've forgotten I'm taking.
16. I'm terrified of going off antidepressants because my mood is much more even than it's ever been and I don't feel constantly consumed by anxiety.
17. I've loved tarantulas since I was about three and got to hold one at the zoo. I had a pet tarantula in high school.
18. I am so self-conscious about my accent. A few weeks ago, I answered the phone as the answer phone was cutting in, and when I listened to the recording later, my accent sounded like a strange and unpleasant mixture of southern US, English, Irish, Canadian, and Australian. I apologise profusely to anyone who has to hear me speak.
19. I think in images and have a very literal brain, which means that it usually takes me a minute to understand what other people mean and it takes me ages to compose a sentence. It's frustrating at times, but it means that I'm unusually gifted at Pictionary.
20. I would be vegan if I weren't so worried about the cost of eating well, the difficulty of getting enough B12, and the prospect of life without cheese.
21. When I was a teenager, my dream was to move to England, marry someone British, and work in a library.
22. I don't dislike people. I guess it's sort of my own form of loving-kindness meditation, but I'm very good at making myself feel positively towards anyone.
23. I would like to be an etymologist or an entomologist.
24. Morning glories have been my favourite flowers for as long as I can remember.
25. I once came very close to causing the entire Capitol Hill complex to be evacuated by burning some microwave popcorn.

1. I have a box of cornflakes in my room
2. This year has possibly been the best and the worst of my life
3. Sometimes I wish I lived closer to home, only sometimes
4. My sister is my best friend, I love her to pieces
5. I am one of four children (the oldest)
6. I have two brothers and one sister
7. The degree I am doing now is exactly where I want to be
8. I got 3 As at A-level, but I'm not doing anything hugely academic
9. I am terrified (actually terrified) of failing life
10. I don't mind needles but the thought of veins is sickening
11. I like my friends, but I like my own company more
12. I use facebook and twitter too much
13. I am going to see (comedian) Ross Noble in April and it's going to be siiiiick. I love stand-up comedy
14. Lee Evans (comedian) is not funny, and I judge people who like him
15. None of my iTunes playcounts are accurate, I set them back to zero regularly
16. My iPod is full :(
17. I am introverted
18. I am addicted to post-it notes and can't remember anything without them
19. My drink of choice is Jack Daniels
20. I am a violent, outspoken, idiotic drunk
21. I don't "do" drugs and judge people who do
22. I bought 00s of PG Tips teabags for the "free" monkeys.
23. I don't drink tea.
24. Now that I have used and own a mac I could never go back to windows
25. I do not sleep in the same timezone as the one I live in

some of this is copied from my Facebook.

1. my name is DianA, not DianE. it's just a letter but it has turned into a big pet peeve since I was younger.
2. I'm the youngest of 4 girls
3. I hated most things about high school
4. I'm left-handed
5. I worry a lot
6. I love cheese
7. I have 10 states left to visit but I don't think I'll make it by the time I'm 30.
8. I find it frustrating to be away from family, esp when my sisters have adorable children (thus far....5 nieces and 1 nephew)
9. I've known my now-husband for over 10 years but have been together with him for a little over 6 years.
10. I'm obsessed with U2 but thankfully not in a psycho groupie kind of way.
11. I've met great people on Interference
12. I like to nap.
13. I went to Ireland and I didn't see the U2 sights. It's true.
14. I still don't know what it is I should be doing with my life, professionally.
15. I got an orange tic tac stuck in my nose when I was young. the story has been told many times.
16. I love playing Super Mario Bros on my still-functional old school Nintendo.
17. I have to have a blanket on me when I'm watching tv.
18. I can't be left alone with strawberries nearby.
19. I LOVE cupcakes
20. I cannot and I repeat, cannot watch any horror movie.
21. very rarely do I drink, but my favorite alcoholic drink is Bailey's.
22. I've never smoked before.
23. I spend too much money on concerts
24. I love Winnie the Pooh
25. I've never broken a bone (knock on wood).

1. I moved to Australia from Russia when I was 15.
2. My favourite colour is red.
3. I roll my rrrrrrrs.
4. I can eat a whole lemon raw without sugar, I also eat whole pears and apples.
5. I'm a hoarder, but every now and then I just want to get rid of stuff.
6. I share my birthday with Steffi Graf.
7. I've got a scar on the tip of my right elbow.
8. I like my own company and quiet solitary activities.
9. Bodysurfing is one of my favourite things to do in summer.
10. I have no idea what people mean when they say they can imagine scenes, people etc. while reading a book - I never could.
11. The smell of asphalt after the rain is one of my favourite smells.
12. When I'm driving or in a passenger's seat, I look at other cars' numberplates and try to arrange them into words.
13. I really wish sometimes I could switch off the running commentary in my head and just be "in the moment" more.
14. I'm terrified of the fire and would never ever have a fireplace in my house.
15. I love dark chocolate and a big juicy steak... not together obviously :)
16. When I went to McDonalds for the first time (in Moscow) I stood in the queue for 1 hour and 45 minutes.
17. My earliest memory is being baptized at the age of four.
18. I love cats.
19. I'd like to take my creative writing further than a few fanfics.
20. I absolutely could not a watch a horror film until I was 18 or so.
21. I hate cigarettes but love me a sheesha pipe.
22. I'm the eldest child and totally match the stereotype of the eldest child.
23. Speaking of stereotypes, I hate vodka and caviar.
24. Sticky date pudding is my favourite desert.
25. I suffer from motion sickness, which is a bitch when you also love travel.

1. I have one brother (he's 15 months younger than I am).
2. Elvis died the day after I was born.
3. My first concert was New Kids on the Block when I was 12.
4. I was named after my great-grandmother and have a prayer book she got for her confirmation (it's about 100 years old and I was so grateful when my grandmother gave it to me).
5. One of my most-prized possessions is the Holly Hobbie quilt my aunt made.
6. One of the best gifts I ever received was when my Gramma gave me her original wedding ring for graduation (she still has the "upgrade").
7. I have been studying Kundalini yoga for nine years and want to take teacher's training someday (I just need to save up the $3,000).
8. I quit a horrendous job once with no fall-back plan and wound up working for minimum wage at a candy store. It's my favorite job to date.
9. My current job is in my major.
10. I minored in art history.
11. I've never been to Hawaii.
12. My favorite thing to do with my niece is dance (it makes her laugh, which makes me happier than anything).
13. I have a stinky cocker spaniel that I love very much.
14. I am allergic to cats.
15. I stopped drinking milk when I was little because I don't like the way it tastes.
16. Madonna is my hero.
17. I am a Leo.
18. I have two grandparents in their 90s so plan to live for a very long time.
19. I love shoes but spent a lot of time in college walking around barefoot.
20. I don't have any tattoos and probably never will because I am scared of needles.
21. Ernest Hemingway is my favorite writer.
22. I miss "Gilmore Girls."
23. I've only been a bridesmaid once and haven't reused the dress (does anyone?).
24. I collect Barbies.
25. I was a contestant on "Rock and Roll Jeopardy."

Back
Top Bottom