your worst injury?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No broken bones (knock on wood) but so far:

-When I was 8 I fell on ice while skating and split my chin open - 10 stitches

-When I was 9 I lost my balance and slid arm first across the barbeque grill - this may have helped me to become a vegetarian

-When I was 11 I nearly severed my left index finger with my new Swiss Army knife that my dad had been a tad to overzealous sharpening - thanks dad :happy: - 15 stitches

Despite my reputation for being accident prone, I have been lucky enough to not have too terrible of injuries. I was in a car wreck once though where a van plowed right into my driver's side door. I was extremely lucky that I walked away with cuts and bruises...but I was very, very sore. That accident had been really jarring to my whole body. It was very painful.

step1: get a car
step2: pick a target
step3: get it up to 120mph
step4: make sure your target is parked at an angle lower than the one your traveling on.
step5: lose control of your car.
step6: enjoy the crash.

if done correctly then your car should look like this.

556819196_b5229eadc5_o.jpg

No more than 35 - 40 mph....

Signed,

Me.

No broken bones (knock on wood) but so far:

-When I was 8 I fell on ice while skating and split my chin open - 10 stitches

-When I was 9 I lost my balance and slid arm first across the barbeque grill - this may have helped me to become a vegetarian

-When I was 11 I nearly severed my left index finger with my new Swiss Army knife that my dad had been a tad to overzealous sharpening - thanks dad :happy: - 15 stitches

You were lucky at 10 then...

No more than 35 - 40 mph....

Signed,

Me.

Ha! I thought the same thing. I rear ended an SUV in front of me at a traffic light going maybe 10 mph, and that damage isn't much worse than the damage to my car.

Injuries - nothing too serious thank goodness (knocking on wood), but I've been a little banged up a few times.

-when I was 3, I was walking down the street with my mom, and saw something on the side of the road that I lurched over to pick up. There was a car coming, and she grabbed my arm to pull me back and dislocated my elbow. It was excruciating. One of my earliest memories, and I still remember it fairly vividly.

-late teens, got in a very minor accident as a passenger on a motorcycle - a car backed out of a driveway and hit us as we were approaching a red light, so we were going very slowly, and so was the car. However, the driver turned the bike away from the car, and I fell off the bike in a weird way. Nothing too serious at the time, just a few scrapes and bruises and general soreness. Then two or three days later, my back went out. I still have chronic back pain to this day.

-about 10 yrs ago, doing dishes one day, went to wash a glass, and the glass broke with my hand inside of it. I didn't feel anything, but I pulled my hand out, and blood was dripping all over the place. Turns out that I'd cut a horseshoe-shaped chunk at the lower knuckle of my thumb. Went to the walk-in clinic, and the doctor had to stitch tendon as well as the skin. He wasn't sure if the skin would even stay attached since it was only a small piece holding it on, but it did. I think I ended up with 10 or 12 stitches.

I had some good skating injuries; I got kicked in the knee at an official practice at Eastern Synchronized Skating Championships one time and bled all over my tights for the rest of that practice and the unofficial one that followed. .

You should have known to stay away from Jeff Gillooly.

War stories?!? :love: :D

I fractured one of my toes completing a tour jete in dance class when I was about 10. The swelling & discomfort was bad enough, but I had to hobble around on it at school for most of the next day because when the ER originally examined my X-rays, they couldn't see any evidence of a break & sent me on my way with a 'sprain'. For some reason (I never did find out why!) they took a 2nd look at the X-rays the next day & found a hairline fracture. Three weeks in a cast during warm spring days was not conducive to the lifestyle of a serious 10yr old tomboy. :grumpy:

The only thing I've ever done that left me somewhat 'disfigured' was smashing my left big toe between a Eureka upright vacuum & a marble floor about 4 years ago. :yikes: I was helping a friend with his side business, cleaning offices in a building with a large marble-floored foyer & two carpeted hallways. I was crossing the foyer to go vacuum a hall, carrying the vacuum where the handle attached to the base. As I took a step with my left foot, I somehow lost my balance & in an attempt to right myself, dropped the vacuum....from a height of approximately 3 feet, directly onto my left big toe... while wearing Rainbow sandals. :doh: Excruciating. :scream:

Thank goodness my friend & husband were standing in the foyer talking, because before I could take two or three steps towards a chair & sit down, blood from my busted nail bed was already pooling in my shoe. They made sure I didn't pass out & got my foot elevated & cleaned up as best possible. That was a Friday night - I pulled the entire toe nail off just 6 days later. :eek: It took at least a year for any kind of nail to grow back & what I do have now is this thick, discolored, nasty looking thing that I hate for anyone to see! :barf:

Back in high school, a classmate pushed me on the stairs.

I fell straight on my butt, and I ended up with a bruised tailbone.

I couldn't do you-know-what for 2 days.:reject:

Back
Top Bottom