Your Favourite Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

angelordevil

Rock n' Roll Doggie VIP PASS
Mine's the Eastern White Pine (Pinus strobus).

TIIIf_photo_500.JPG

WhitePineOldRag_041226.jpg

240px-Pinus_strobus_(Bauer).jpg

...Great for building, climbing, and admiring, mature White Pine trees can live to be over 200-years-old. Plant one today for those great-great-grandchildren to come!

What's your favourite tree? Do you have a special memory connected with a certain tree?

I can't pick just one!

I do like the Weeping Willow:
mytree.jpg

And the Crepe Myrtle:
crepe%20myrtle%20in%20bloom.bmp

There's 2 others which I adore, but cannot recall the name of.

i was asked this during a job interview :huh:

i agree with BD, palm trees all the way

All good choices. :drool:

I certainly wouldn't mind getting lost in a Baobab forest...impressive!

The Weeping Willow reminds me of summers spent with my cousins. I think we're just out of the optimal growing zone for the species, but that Willow in their yard sheltered and shaded us for many years before it finally withered. :sad: Great-sounding tree in the wind, as well. from what I recall. Wooooooooosh.

I've never seen a Baobab in person, but I have a feeling it would be my favorite once I had.

Right now it's the Redwood. Something about walking through a forest of those giants really puts things in perspective for me.

web.jpg

Another one I'd love to see in person is the ancient Bristlecone Pine.

bristlecone_forest.jpg

I love the white pine, as well as maples and oaks--especially in the fall when the leaves turn all red and gold. But if I have to choose just one, I think I will have say the dogwood, for its beautiful blossoms that means spring, after a long, rough winter! (I also like the redbud in the background of the first picture.)

KnoyHall050508.jpg

KnoyHallDogwood050508.jpg

MonticelloDogwoods.jpg

Cherry Blossom Tree!

Tokyo's Ueno "Hanami" during the Cherry Blossom Festival is certainly one of the stand out "tree experiences" in my life. Kajillions of cherry blossoms and bazillions of people. A long path with cherry blossom trees on both sides winds its way through Ueno park, it takes hours to walk the distance (of what would normally take about 10 mins) because of how friggin' many people are there.

(not my pics)

443518817_8c1e87e8ea.jpg

123599476_da579777b8.jpg

cherry-blossom.jpg

443511374_3278f30a2c.jpg

Mine is the Joshua Tree and it has nothing to do with U2 whatsoever.

:angry: so I cannot be banned.

I have very early memories of driving through them and visiting the forests on family vacations when I was a little kid. As an older teen I went to visit them again on my own (there was still no such thing as U2), and I still go recently as well with my kids.

One of my photos

joshuatreenationalparksun1-19-082.jpg

my other favorite is the Torrey Pine, native to the southern California coast where it likes the foggy cliffs, I have great memories of climbing the huge one in my best friends backyard and spending hours up high in the branches eating the pine nuts.

TorreyPineTree.jpg

(not my photo)

^ We had one of those in my front yard when I grew up. It was so pretty. But it got invaded by some kind of insect that killed it and it died. :(

I love the eucalyptus trees. There's something really comforting about the sight of them sticking out of the bare Australian landscape. Birch tree is another favourite, for the sentimental value - it always makes me think of Russia.

Weeping mulberry, white birch, and magnolia.

My parents have all three on their massive lawn.

Back
Top Bottom