Your Favourite Tree

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:love: Trees!!! :love:

Some of my favorites are

flowering crab-apples
cherry-blossom trees

The Sequoia's that are the tall but also masive ones (drive a car thro). (The other type is as tall, maybe taller- but NOT wide.)
I hope SOMEday to go to Yosemite Nat'l Park, go to one of the groves, sit, lean up against the base of one, and semi-daydream of the wonders of this planet.

Big, Tall Old Oaks
Broad, tall Black Maple

Japaneese Red Maple Trees with the very fine, thin deeply lobed leaves

Tall White Pines

Linden

Catalpa

Magnola

I've seen all of these EXCEPT the gigantic, massive Seququioa
(I've seen the tall ones in Santa Monica's Miur Woods)

and I love to draw them, too. :heart:

Kiaat.

2671756359_80fbec290f.jpg

Lucky Bean trees are also wonderful, but more so for the lucky beans than the actual tree itself.

God, I miss Natal.
wail.gif

So many great trees. :drool:

The Giving Tree is an awesome book...I'm looking at a copy on my coffee table right now!

Another thing I love to do is plant trees. Our family went through a bit of a mini-crisis a few years ago when a new four-lane highway moved in and bisected our farmland. It uprooted so many of the places, like apple orchards, that we cherished as kids. In that case, we managed to move some of the younger trees, but many of older ones didn't make it.

In an attempt to build a tree wall around the highway, with with hope of blocking its sights and sounds, I started planting thick spruce trees...hundreds of them. That was about 10 years ago. The wall is growing splendidly!

Anyway, in doing my tree planting research, I emailed a well-known botanist at our university for some advice on the optimal way to go about it.

I'll never forget his reply. It was about two pages long, filled excitedly with watering and fertiziling advice. The best part was when he shared advice on how to strategically plant trees, in terms of spacing, for a barrier.

He did this:

X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X
.....X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X X

"Staggered rows," he said, "It's all about the staggered rows."

I thought it was so great that he took the time to do that. Botanists can be very passionate people, it seems. :wink:

I love all trees, but I must agree the white pine is lovely. Now I realize that no two trees are the same, but with white pines... they all have a sort of character, stretching upwards toward the sun.

When I was a kid there was a tree that I named 'the biggest tree of all' and that name has stuck all these years. The tree is still there, still massive and healthy. I love sitting underneath the canopy of its branches and taking notice of all the life that exists just in and around one tree.

It really is amazing.

I love the big, old maples that seem to stretch up endlessly into the heavens and the birches that are interspersed amongst them. The calming rustle of the poplar leaves and the scent of fir sap.

Tokyo's Ueno "Hanami" during the Cherry Blossom Festival is certainly one of the stand out "tree experiences" in my life. Kajillions of cherry blossoms and bazillions of people. A long path with cherry blossom trees on both sides winds its way through Ueno park, it takes hours to walk the distance (of what would normally take about 10 mins) because of how friggin' many people are there.

(not my pics)

443518817_8c1e87e8ea.jpg

123599476_da579777b8.jpg

cherry-blossom.jpg

443511374_3278f30a2c.jpg

I dream about watching this in Japan :drool:

I thougth Jappanese called them sakura trees :scratch: or is sakura the flower oft he tree :scratch:

I love all kind of big trees :D but there´s something about bonsays!!!! :cute:

Not a big fan of the series, but damn:

Lord-of-The-Rings-Tree_l.jpg

These trees know how to fuck up some Orc shit.

Back
Top Bottom