You are all lazy, low self-esteem introverts...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
"One of the most surprising things is the similarities between fans of classical music and heavy metal. They're both creative and at ease but not outgoing."

I've been saying this for years, but people scoff at me as though the two things are entirely disparate. Not sure that it should be a surprise, even if it is to some people.

Incidentally, I've always had to laugh at how the "metal" persona is portrayed on sit-coms and tv dramas, the ones that are always bullies and murderers and stuff. Some metalheads are also meatheads, some of them aren't too bright, but a lot of them are; in my experience, most metalheads just want to have a good time and to not get hassled by people. It's only recently that I've had any experience with the type of metal fan who wants to be a hard rough-and-tumble kind of person, instead of just putting on the illusion of being that way to get people to stay away. Usually the people I see making trouble aren't into double-kick drums and wailing guitar solos, but rather top-40 club hits. Maybe that comes with wanting to impress ladies by asserting dominance via strength, because HURRR masculinity is nothing if not brute force. Hey ladies, HURRR! are you impressed yet? Yeah, I thought not.

Last edited:
Wait wait wait, U2 make rock music these days? According to WTAHNN and EYKIW, I thought they just made money now.

Going by that convenient chart in the article, I am... confused!

Back
Top Bottom