you and an outfit question.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mad1

ONE love, blood, life
Angie Jolie lover from Belfast Norn Ireland. I LO
Just wondering, seriously, (because I’ve done it only once in my lifetime!), but, say you were shopping (whether you are male or female) and you saw top/shirt/jeans, anything you found you really loved and whether it was cheapish or expensive, you had to have it, but, would you be inclined to buy a SECOND (or more) of the same outfit in case something happened to the first/or it got worn? – or do you treat it as a one-off you should just wear for now because you will move on?

maybe you have done this with shoes?

?

Dont care if no-one responds, cool with me, as always :up:

Since I bought two identical West Coast shirts after we won the flag in 2006, probably.

Heh, shit... I'm wearing one now. Some joker's going to come in and say that I'm living in the past.

Yeah, I do this a lot. I have the same khakis in 3 colors, same jeans in 2 sizes (one fits better/tighter but is a tiny bit too short, so I wear it in the summer with flip-flops), and lots of the same plain t-shirts and tops in various colors. Generally though it's not b/c I love the outfit, it's b/c they are cheap/practical and fit my dress code for work (casual but plain).

No, I'd only buy one. I've never even thought about buying a second of the same item, even if it was cheap or affordable. I take good care of my clothes, so they rarely wear out and will last for years.

First of all, I routinely buy my work clothes (khakis, golf shirts) at Sam's Club...at those prices, when I see an item that I like, I'll buy it and several others in different colors...

Example...they had Addidas dry-fit golf shirts, (regular $49 at golf shops, retail stores) but at Sam's Club, they first had them for $24...I bought several...two weeks later, I walked in and the shirts are now on clearance for $11.99....Yes, I bought even more of the same color!

:reject: but my shirts are clean.

I've done this with tee shirts (long-sleeved or short-sleeved) so I can have multiple colors of the same style, but that's about it.

Sometimes when I buy a pair of shoes I end up really loving, I wish I'd bought two pair so I'd have another when the first pair kick the bucket.

Sometimes I will if is stuff from Old Navy.

Right on, that's where my "work shirts" are from (or Gap outlet, same thing). We dress casual but can't have anything with logos, so I get plain t-shirts (the fitted kind, not like a sport shirt) either long sleeve or short sleeve, and then wear some sweater, zip-down, or jacket over it. So regardless of how much I like it, how much it costs, or whether I take care of it....I work 5 days a week so I need at least 5 "work shirts". I have the same tee in 5 colors and I wear it probably 3 times a week.

I have a necklace that was pretty cheap ($12), but I wear it a lot and love it so much that if I ever come across another one like it, I will buy it to have as a spare. Generally though, I don't operate like that.

:wink:Ahh, I have bought the same outfit in another color before...so I can 'mix and match'..stretch my wardrobe out for the week! i don;t like doing laundry until I Have to!!
One of those things ya just gotta do though!:D

I found a pair of jeans that I love and that look good on me and over a period of a few months, I kept going back and getting another pair, for a total of four. They're all slightly different in color (dark blue, regular blue, distressed blue, etc.) but it's subtle and I think everyone except the most fashion-conscious think I'm always wearing the same pair of jeans. If a black pair appears, they will be mine as well.

But no, I wouldn't buy a special sweater twice. I have a special sweater that the dry cleaners just ruined and though I am in mourning, I don't wish I could whip out the auxiliary. It had its day, it's over, there will be more special sweaters in my future.

My feet are an odd-size so when I find a pair that fit I always say I'm going to buy a second pair in a different color but I never do.

I'm not a fashion maven (by a very long shot), so I don't exactly buy outfits. But when I find various clothes I like and that fit comfortably I often buy multiples. I'm self employed (out of my house) and very, very rarely have to dress up, so practically my entire wardrobe consists of jeans and t-shirts, with sandals for the summer and clogs/boots/sometimes sandals for the winter. So I have a lot of different colours of the same style t-shirt and loads of the same style of jeans.

It's cheap and I don't ever have to think too hard about what I'm going to wear. :)

There's a style of cotton/poly blend pants I like called Sta-Prest by Levis that I love, and they're not made anymore (from the 70's). I currently have them in like 5 different colors, but now I'm thinking of getting multiples of a few colors because they're not going to last forever.

I buy multiple pairs of jeans . The same size and brand from the same store.

I had this pair of jeans I got as a sophomore in highschool. That was...almost 9 years ago and I STILL miss those jeans! They lasted for 4 years. They just got too worn and I had to "retire" them. I held on to them for a while after that, but then gained weight so I tossed them. Now I've lost weight and am still searching for a comparable pair. I even had a dream that I found them again! They were so perfect....

Because I have no choice right now other than to wear turtlenecks, I went into the Gap last week, found a table full of turtleneck sweaters that I liked, and bought one in every color. Except white. I don't like white. A total of nine sweaters, exactly the same, just different colors.

I have the same style Gap favorite tees in 8 colors plus 2 in black and three in white. White tees rarely look good past one or two years so when I see them for 2.99 at the outlet I pounce. I also have the same pair of dress pants in three colors and two pair in black.

LOL, our Laz is a 70s boy. I just looked them up, they are NOT flarey type jeans!

actually they are strange shape!

There's a couple different kinds. One is more poly and rather uncomfortable. I prefer the cotton blend, which feel more like a lighter pair of jeans.

And the ones I own do have a slight flare, which I prefer. Almost all my pants do. All about the boot cut.

Yeah, 70's 4-lyfe.

This is the closest pic I could find:

604-0024.jpg

Because I have no choice right now other than to wear turtlenecks, I went into the Gap last week, found a table full of turtleneck sweaters that I liked, and bought one in every color. Except white. I don't like white. A total of nine sweaters, exactly the same, just different colors.

Suddenly I need to make an emergency trip to The Gap.

yeah, i used to have some sneakers a year ago, but i wore them out. it was so sad. i was bummed out for a few days, glancing down at my new balances and wishing they were my old sneakers. i couldn't find them anywhere for a while. then a few months ago, i finally found them on ebay and bought them.

so now, i'm wearing this pair out. :satisfied:

Back
Top Bottom