Worker's comp/HR advice needed!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

clarityat3am

I Serve Larry's Stick
I've been having tendinitis issues due to work for several months now. Work has essentially done nothing and it's worse now. I asked them to reopen my claim and now I'm pretty sure they're going to hit me hard with whatever they've got. Anyone with relevant experience have time to email/IM with me? I'm pretty nervous about how all this is going to work out.

I'm only assuming that you had a claim, probably resolved it thru settlement but your pain persists, hence, you want them to reopen the claim but they won't..am I close? As a Risk Management Investigator, I'm only guessing that you actually had not fully recovered from the event but the money was enticing so you took it, now you want more??? Have you considered asking for re-assignment, re-training? have you consulted an attorney?

I've had persistent pain for the past 6 months. No settlement. An employer who refuses to even try to help me beyond the very basic ergonomics. They tell me that if I don't/can't do what I'm doing now, that I essentially don't have a job, which is BS because our department is easily rearranged and has been rearranged at least a dozen times in the last 12 months, yet they say doing it for me would be "disruptive". I went to a lawyer last week when HR started claiming I "wasn't doing anything to help myself" and was trying to get me tell them "yes or no" to the "simple" question of "can I perform my job duties?"

That's what I'm working on doing right now. The place is already pretty depressing to be at and has been losing employees at a breakneck pace for months. I'm sure this won't make it much better but I have to do something. Not like I ever wanted to resort to having to get a lawyer but trying to be reasonable with them hasn't worked. :slant:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom