Wonders of the World,?.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah, me too. I saw brief glimpses when I was a teen on a camping trip, but I was so blitzed at the time that I wouldn't want to claim that I actually saw them in all their glory... :lol:

Hey, any of you actually seen one or more of the 'Wonders' and if so which one/s and how emotionally moved were you, (if at all!)?

if never saw any, which one would you fancy?

Mine would be to see the Northern Lights. :up:

I'm lucky (?) enough to live in a country where I can see the Northern Lights every winter, and every time they are just as breathtaking. I hope everybody would be able to see them at least once in their lives! :up:

There are so many lists now days of Wonders of the World. From the original list of 7 Wonders of the Ancient World I've seen none. From the Wonders of the Modern World I've seen only the Golden Gate Bridge. It is very pretty. From the 7 Wonders of the Natural World I have seen The Grand Canyon, and yes it is truly breathtaking. I have heard some people say they were not that impressed but I don't know, I think if you have an appreciation for the Earth it is an awesome site to see. There are a lot more lists. One of them I think lists wonders of the industrial world and that lists The Hoover Dam, which I've seen and traveled over many times, and yes every time it is a little breathtaking.

There's also a list by USA Today I guess called The New Seven Wonders. From that list besides the Grand Canyon, I have seen The Internet. I have seen that several times in fact. :wink:

Cool thread :) :up:

I've seen the Pyramids at Giza, which are fabulous and awe-inspiring, but a bit of a shock as you'd expect them to be right in the middle of the desert, whereas they're actually on the edge of Cairo, slap bang next to a hotel :lol:

I've been to Ephesus in Turkey too, although the Temple of Artemis isn't there any more. Ephesus is incredible :up:

Out of the wonders of the modern world, I've been to the Empire State Building, the CN Tower and the Golden Gate Bridge. All very nice, but nowhere near as spectacular as the older stuff. I suppose it's the 'how the hell did they manage that?' aspect of the ancient ones that gets me.

Out of the Natural World wonders, I've seen the Great Barrier Reef, which is spectacular, and the Grand Canyon, which absolutely flabbergasted me with its sheer size.

I'd love to see more of the places on the list. It's a life plan of mine :lol:

I don't think Niagra Falls is on any of the lists, although there are quite a few lists now, I could be wrong (for example there's an underwater list too I believe).

I live just a short drive from the Grand Canyon and have spent a lot of time there. The timing of this thread is funny because I've been comparing raft trips all morning. I want to get in before November, which is usually when tours stop for the season. It would be my first river trip in the canyon - a dream I've been harboring for quite some time now.

I've seen at least two of the Natural Wonders of the Modern World:

Scarlett_Johansson_large_in_red_dress.jpg

I live just a short drive from the Grand Canyon and have spent a lot of time there. The timing of this thread is funny because I've been comparing raft trips all morning. I want to get in before November, which is usually when tours stop for the season. It would be my first river trip in the canyon - a dream I've been harboring for quite some time now.

Oh awesome. :up: I'd love to spend some time exploring in the canyon itself, and going down the river would be a fantastic way to go. All the little sub-canyons, waterfalls and secluded 'beaches' to find and explore... I'm getting excited just thinking about it now. :D

Back
Top Bottom