Winter (no, not the song!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I can't stand the heat, but I can't stand this freezing cold either. I feel like my whole body is in a state of shock. :huh: Generally, I like winter, I even like snow, but mostly on the countryside, not in the city. I like to sit inside a warm room and watch the snowflakes coming down, it reminds me of my childhood. And when the skies are blue, I like to go for a walk in the snow, it's great. But these temperatures are just too low, it doesn't feel good any more.

I can't stand the heat, but I can't stand this freezing cold either. I feel like my whole body is in a state of shock. :huh: Generally, I like winter, I even like snow, but mostly on the countryside, not in the city. I like to sit inside a warm room and watch the snowflakes coming down, it reminds me of my childhood. And when the skies are blue, I like to go for a walk in the snow, it's great. But these temperatures are just too low, it doesn't feel good any more.

Same here. My body doesn't feel like it's supposed to. I really have to go through a lot of trouble to get myself even a little bit warm! I love to watch the outside though, all the people being so happy and kids laughing :) Yesterday evening I even braved myself to go for a walk. But that was quite tiring after having been sick. Though it's a lovely sight. Just wish I'd feel a little warmer...

Our small country had 14 different locations with temperatures under -20 degrees today. That's a new record :happy:

Today is the beginning of winter, tomorrow temperatures will be going up to about +15 degrees, how ironic. It's totally crazy. :|

:cute: It's winter!

Well, it's just incredibly cold, icy, chilly, with snowfalls all day. Getting home last night after a meeting with friends was an adventure by it's own. I'm glad I don't drive a car, but going through the city with public transport was also quite interesting (sitting in an old tram without heating wasn't so great). We had 12 degrees sub zero last night :uhoh:

This is a picture I took this morning from my livingroom window:

IMG_7934.jpg

Not much snow yet, but enough to cause ultimate chaos in our beautiful city.

:up: Very cool photo... Snow is beautiful at times, but I have to admit I can handle about 3 days of it and then I have had enough. Guess I am more of a summer person. Don't like being cold and once I am cold it takes 4 ever to warm up even with layers of clothes on. We only got a few inches no where near what the east coast got. I feel for everyone who got all of that snow. Try and stay warm and be safe...

gah the weather is ugly at the moment, so this is day #2 of a_g's apartment turning into a bakery lol and only 2 days until xmas + approx 2 more winter months... if yer still hungry...here you go. :wink:

4206261737_2b7b3b672e.jpg

It's actually warm today, the weather is just crazy, all the snow is gone. We've had a difference in temperature of about 30 degrees between the weekend and today which is insane. Yesterday the snow was starting to melt, it was horrible, all wet and muddy. However, they say it will be cold again, but only after Christmas. :doh:

I was hoping for some snow for the holidays, I can live without this freezing cold, but some snow would have been nice. Instead, we'll have spring weather for Christmas.

I AM IN HELL........

:happy:

This is a combination of a snowstorm from 2 weeks ago that never melted and then a downpour last night. Round 2 of the 2009 Christmas blizzard is coming down now and is supposed to get heavier as the night goes on. Can't wait! :rolleyes:
20091224_0336.jpg

anyone want to play baseball or go swimming?
20091224_0341.jpg

20091224_0344.jpg

:flirt:
20091224_0346.jpg

I AM IN HELL........

This is a combination of a snowstorm from 2 weeks ago that never melted and then a downpour last night. Round 2 of the 2009 Christmas blizzard is coming down now and is supposed to get heavier as the night goes on. Can't wait! :rolleyes:
20091224_0336.jpg

20091224_0341.jpg

20091224_0344.jpg

20091224_0346.jpg

We have pelting rain :flirt:

It is so much easier to get cool when your hot then to get warm when your cold.

For me it's the opposite -- I find it much easier to get warm when I'm cold (just put on more clothes or pile on another blanket) than to get cool when I'm too warm (there are only so many clothes I can decently remove :shifty: :wink: ).

we went for a little drive tonight but not our usual Christmas eve drive to look at lights that we normally do, thanks to round 2 of the blizzard.....

This house is on a huge hill and they have been doing these lights for a million years. You can see it from a mile away. Each year they do more and more. Kind of ridiculous. I like the houses that are a little more elegant looking with just a few strands here and there around the windows and trees...but I like this picture. It's really the only one that turned out and you can see the snow falling down :(

20091224_0347.jpg

For me it's the opposite -- I find it much easier to get warm when I'm cold (just put on more clothes or pile on another blanket) than to get cool when I'm too warm (there are only so many clothes I can decently remove :shifty: :wink: ).

It's more fun to get warm, too. SO many options! :wink:

Reflection of lights in the puddles. We got rain instead of snow. The last of the snow from the previous storm is on its way out. Snow showers later tonight and tomorrow.

Christmas2009045.jpg

Christmas2009047.jpg

Christmas2009044.jpg

we went for a little drive tonight but not our usual Christmas eve drive to look at lights that we normally do, thanks to round 2 of the blizzard.....

This house is on a huge hill and they have been doing these lights for a million years. You can see it from a mile away. Each year they do more and more. Kind of ridiculous. I like the houses that are a little more elegant looking with just a few strands here and there around the windows and trees...but I like this picture. It's really the only one that turned out and you can see the snow falling down :(

20091224_0347.jpg

:heart:

The bikes under snow pic is :cool:

randy_card-christmas-story.jpg
:wink:

It's currently 7 degrees outside. That's freakin' cold! :down:

I'll be so happy when summer rolls around again. I hate cold weather.

I AM IN HELL........

20091224_0336.jpg

20091224_0341.jpg

20091224_0344.jpg

20091224_0346.jpg

Wow, that is quite a bit of snow. We have some snow with freezing cold temps. That is exaclty how I feel like I am in hell with the cold temps and snow with no warm up in sight.

It's currently 7 degrees outside. That's freakin' cold! :down:

I'll be so happy when summer rolls around again. I hate cold weather.

It's 10 degrees here with the windchill of -2. I will also be happy when summer rolls around again. Looking forward to seeing the buds on the trees again.

We're having a "heat wave" here in Indiana today: cloudy, 17 degrees, wind chill of 6 degrees.

The pictures of the holiday lights with the snow are beautiful. Here are a few more snow pictures for Sicy, from Christmas weekend--it's all still here, since it's been so cold.

Our back yard (with Fergus's head :D):

122709Fergus.jpg

The walkway to the building where I work:

122809KnoyHall-2.jpg

After work, the sidewalks had been cleared.

122809KnoyHall-3.jpg

We had snow on New Years Eve. We got about 3 inches and it has been freezing here ever since. High of 25 today, but felt like 12 with the windchill.

Back
Top Bottom