Winter (no, not the song!)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

last unicorn

Blue Crack Addict
:cute: It's winter!

Well, it's just incredibly cold, icy, chilly, with snowfalls all day. Getting home last night after a meeting with friends was an adventure by it's own. I'm glad I don't drive a car, but going through the city with public transport was also quite interesting (sitting in an old tram without heating wasn't so great). We had 12 degrees sub zero last night :uhoh:

This is a picture I took this morning from my livingroom window:

IMG_7934.jpg

Not much snow yet, but enough to cause ultimate chaos in our beautiful city.

yeah it's snowing right now.
I didn't expect -15 fucking degrees celcius (+ a pleasant windchill) yesterday. I just went out without gloves and a hat. LOL.:doh:

Lol how can you go out without gloves and a hat?

It's snowing here again too, very thick layers of snow actually.

I don't know. I just thought it would be like the usual winter weather, with temperature around the freezing point. I should really watch the weather news more often haahaa.

Oh yes, yesterday was an adventure. Temperatures going from -6.5°C (I can't stand the heat!) to -11.5°C. We had to pick up my grandmother near Hamburg. But the nozzle of the windscreen cleaner was frozen, so that the dirtwater couldn't be washed away. I sometimes went nearly blind, trying to get close behind a truck so the spraywater would clean the screen. But that never lasted long, and the road wasn't always wet, so it was an interesting drive. Snowfall itself wasn't bad. Later some thick fog, but also not too bad.
Nice change when the window was clean and you could see properly.

Today there is a heatwave. -5°C. But cloudy, so maybe a bit more snow. I'm missing some mountains and ski. :(

Heatwave :lol:

You're a little cynical, aren't you :sexywink:

To be honest, I don't want to be in the mountains right now, even if the weather is beautiful, but -20 degrees isn't exactly the temperature that invites me to go skiing (or to even go for a short walk). Even my father who is an avid skier stayed at home because he found it too cold. With the winds it's even worse.

Oh yes, yesterday was an adventure. Temperatures going from -6.5°C (I can't stand the heat!) to -11.5°C. We had to pick up my grandmother near Hamburg. But the nozzle of the windscreen cleaner was frozen, so that the dirtwater couldn't be washed away. I sometimes went nearly blind, trying to get close behind a truck so the spraywater would clean the screen. But that never lasted long, and the road wasn't always wet, so it was an interesting drive. Snowfall itself wasn't bad. Later some thick fog, but also not too bad.
Nice change when the window was clean and you could see properly.

Today there is a heatwave. -5°C. But cloudy, so maybe a bit more snow. I'm missing some mountains and ski. :(

I used to carry a spray bottle with washer fluid in my old crappy car so that I could roll down my window and spray the windscreen.
My problem now is that when it gets really cold here (Minneapolis, Minnesota) my garage door will freeze and refuse to open.

I do love winter though. Inhaling cold air in your lungs is refreshing.

@ Leif: :yikes:

I made some cookies just for you guys. Now you only need a hot beverage! :sexywink:

4199494831_083218f476.jpg

Heatwave :lol:

You're a little cynical, aren't you :sexywink:

To be honest, I don't want to be in the mountains right now, even if the weather is beautiful, but -20 degrees isn't exactly the temperature that invites me to go skiing (or to even go for a short walk). Even my father who is an avid skier stayed at home because he found it too cold. With the winds it's even worse.

Cynical? Me? Never.

-20°C in Norway is so warm it's no problem. 0°C here is like anti-hell. ;) Even the Russians who live here freeze their asses of.

I used to carry a spray bottle with washer fluid in my old crappy car so that I could roll down my window and spray the windscreen.
My problem now is that when it gets really cold here (Minneapolis, Minnesota) my garage door will freeze and refuse to open.

I do love winter though. Inhaling cold air in your lungs is refreshing.

My mother added some anti-freeze on Thursday but forgot to use the sprayer so in the pipe and nozzle there was pure water which of course froze.
Would be a little hard even with a spray bottle to clean the windscreen on the autobahn. We stopped twice to clean the window and get some more anti freeze. We weren't the only ones with that problem. Other than that I just tried to take advantage of the trucks, pretty much destroyed the wipers or slowed down a little.

@ Leif: :yikes:

I made some cookies just for you guys. Now you only need a hot beverage! :sexywink:

4199494831_083218f476.jpg

Oh, there was a picture. Didn't load for me at first. Looking good!

Never :tsk:

Come watch the beautiful non-existent mountains of snow here, love! :love:

I hope that will last till Thursday. :sexywink: Only thing is, I only have low-cut shoes with me.

Here it is 25 degrees and we got almost 2 feet of snow yesterday. I like snow, but not this much at once.

Still have no snow where I am, in sw Ontario! :happydance: If we can hold on till the end of the year, and not get any till January, that makes winter seem so much shorter and more tolerable. By the look of our forecast, there's nothing but a few flurries here and there mixed in with some rain expected, so I'm hopeful. :fingerscrossed: I hate winter. HATE.

Back
Top Bottom