Who here works-out? (gym equipment)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I go to the gym 4x per week in the mornings and work out at home 3x per week at night. At the gym I hop on the treadmill. At home I do work outs similar to what I learned while in the corps. When I keep up with it, I feel great. However, it is not difficult to fall out of step. Getting sick makes me skip, and then it is hard for me to get back on schedule.

I prefer group exercise though. Back in VA I used to do yoga, water aerobics, hip hop dancing, salsa, and Irish dancing. It was great in so many ways. It's easier for me to stick to a routine when I'm with other people than when I'm on my own.

Get a pole :wink: Seriously, the one time I had a spin around one, I felt it for two days after - great for strength-training. I'm taking pole-dancing lessons in January :nerd:

I'm also taking belly-dancing lessons. Great for cardio and range of motion. Anything you can have fun with and get passionate about will stick, rather than a run of the mill workout. I've had a gym membership before, but I never used it :shrug:

I have been seeing a trainer for about 1 yr now and yes, I have seen results. My strength and flexibility has improved quite a bit, however I have not dropped that much weight, which annoys me and depending on the week I can be down 1-2 dress sizes from the original size that I started out with. I do quite a bit weight training with free weights and meet with my trainer 2-4 times a week. On my own I do cardio and because of my committed workouts, I have been able to run in three 5K's this year, which is a huge improvement. I will be running in another one next weekend. My trainer has worked on my lower body strength to help strengthen my knees. I would not have been able to run if I did not improve my lower body strength. So my results have been increased endurance, improved heart rate, improved core strength, stronger arms and abs,improved flexibility and my cholesterol levels have also improved. Now if I could lose my belly, I would be very happy!:wave:

When I keep up with it, I feel great. However, it is not difficult to fall out of step. Getting sick makes me skip, and then it is hard for me to get back on schedule.

ditto.

I also find that after a big race that I've been working up to, it's hard to motivate for a couple weeks after. :shrug:

So my results have been increased endurance, improved heart rate, improved core strength, stronger arms and abs,improved flexibility and my cholesterol levels have also improved. Now if I could lose my belly, I would be very happy!:wave:

To quote my spin instructor this morning "being fit is not about a number on a scale or clothing size. It's about core strength, flexibility, muscle strength, endurance, physical and mental health"

My weight is up compared to last year, but my endurance has also gone up. It's frustrating when i spend so much time at the gym but it is paying off in less vain ways. :wink:

I misspoke above. it's $298 I think for the 24 hour fitness two year deal. It's still a good deal.

I feel great after I go to the gym. I used to be tired a lot, but after I started working out I have not been as tired.

To quote my spin instructor this morning "being fit is not about a number on a scale or clothing size. It's about core strength, flexibility, muscle strength, endurance, physical and mental health"

My weight is up compared to last year, but my endurance has also gone up. It's frustrating when i spend so much time at the gym but it is paying off in less vain ways. :wink:

And that is how I have to look at it when I start to get down on myself. I know am healthier than I was last year, so that makes me feel good and for the fact that I have kept this up for a year makes me very happy.

yea, well I put the all-in-one job up other night, and done a bit, fast, til I was sore.

but for outdoor I would do a bit of biking. Might get my own bike thou, as I borrow one (we've had it 2-3 years), but its a great feeling, thou I prefer to stand up and cycle, fast!

I would forget about jogging/running now.

I used to do that.

I prefer to dance as exercise, like club anthems. :D:D

Im so thankful that at my age I have never smoked nor drank! :happy:

thank gawd Im returning to myself, Im hitting fit again.

Back
Top Bottom