White Collar Anguish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
elevated_u2_fan said:
I hear you...

The cleaning lady forgot to empty my wastebasket last night and there is granola bar wrapper still in there from yesterday, how am I supposed to concentrate???

I'm seriously considering taking this up with HR. :angry:

at least your bin was where you left it. those commies ALWAYS place my bin in a new corner in the office i've yet to discover. i'm too busy and important to keep up with its new whereabouts, so i'm just gonna throw all my trash on the floor.

JUUUUUSTICCCCCCCCCCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

My stapler is jammed. Are you kidding me? ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME? Fuck this. I'm going home and this place can to hell for all I care. Fucking bullshit. Bullshit. Get out of my way, cretin. Go be poor somewhere else. God.

I am in such a rage right now, I don't even know what to say (or write for that matter).

I was just about to leave for my normal Tuesday at 2pm tee-time when my secretary comes in and says that I can't leave because I have to sign the payroll checks. FFS, now I have to miss my round because those people don't have enough in savings to wait an extra 24 hours to get paid?

That's the problem with America - no one takes responsibility anymore...

Oh sweet holy hell is this day going down hill!

Not only have I missed my tee time, the woman from HR (is being fat and boisterous part of the HR job description?) just popped her head in to suggest that we do a "surprise picnic" for the workers on Friday. Guess who 'gets' to stay on site and mingle with the workers? I was supposed to lunch at the club the guys that day as well!

Fuck! A guy gets one 'C' at Dartmuth and he pays for it the rest of his life! Piss off, Karma, piss off!

74736SWI.jpg

This is probably a low point for my career.

All 3 water coolers are out of water.

We're out of paper plates.

My assistant, who just started on Monday, is already a magnet for flirtatious 20-somethings. Plus, she's smarter than I am.

My boss needs a project done by the end of the day, which means less posting on here.

I can't talk about Space Moon with my coworkers.

The business journal that I ordered from Staples, in black, arrived...in fucking beige. Sorry, I don't roll beige style.

I was quoted in some article as being a "Director". I'm a "Vice-President", assclown, I left Director behind ages ago. Fool.

One of our Production Assistants looked me in the eye today. HR? Hello??? Who trains these people?

Sigh.

Looks like your place of business needs a little house cleaning. Take off your tie, roll up your sleeves, pull some files and call those assisstants out one by one and read aloud a list of their faults and make them beg for their jobs. Those that do not beg no longer work there. Those that beg must beg in a manner that pleases thee. I guarentee that by days end @ 9pm, you'll feel much better.

Fucking beige....come on.

UberBeaver said:
Looks like your place of business needs a little house cleaning. Take off your tie, roll up your sleeves, pull some files and call those assisstants out one by one and read aloud a list of their faults and make them beg for their jobs. Those that do not beg no longer work there. Those that beg must beg in a manner that pleases thee. I guarentee that by days end @ 9pm, you'll feel much better.

Fucking beige....come on.

This makes a lot of sense.

Yeah, beige. I have a rep to protect. A business journal says a lot about a person. So does my stylish pen.

Dude, no tie today, want the unwashed masses to think I can relate to them, so I lose the tie.

elevated_u2_fan said:
Under those conditions I would have just walked out and left a post-it note on my bosses door saying GFY!

I admire your restraint; you are a better human being than I...

Thanks.

I thought about contacting Amnesty International or some organization Bono likes a lot, but, I'll let it be for now. For now.

The vending machine is out of my favorite Peanut Butter Cookie.

Also, our phones will be down for maintenance for 15 minutes this afternoon.

Lastly, we've had to order bottles of water, since we're out of the big bottles that go in the dispensers. I want my water right from the dispenser, nice and cold, straight into my cup. Fuck this.

Jesus, man. I'm sorry. From now on I'm going to walk around with a copy of the Geneva Convention rules so that when the vending guy is like, "Just wait 5 minutes, I'm almost done refilling this machine," I have proof that that is fucking barbaric and illegal. If I need some Doritos, obviously I need them NOW - not in 5 minutes.

UberBeaver said:
Jesus, man. I'm sorry. From now on I'm going to walk around with a copy of the Geneva Convention rules so that when the vending guy is like, "Just wait 5 minutes, I'm almost done refilling this machine," I have proof that that is fucking barbaric and illegal. If I need some Doritos, obviously I need them NOW - not in 5 minutes.

You have no idea how happy it makes me to know that I'm not the only one fighting this battle. Rage, Beav. Rage on.

And this one time we loosened all of the caps on the Salad Dressings in the Office Fridge and to make a long story short... Maint. Dept. is still really pissed off at us

I can't believe I didn't see this thread earlier... can everyone relate to the "new" Business terms that are repeated every day because some jack ass made up these stupid terms like:

"let's Workshop this"

At the end of the Day

Too small of a bandwidth

cross platforms

Let's have a one on one

Let's shelve this topic (or place it in the Parking Lot)

I need to get my arms around this...I need to get my head around this

We need to have a face to face

I'm so sick of Peretto Charts, Pie charts Bar graphs and so on

I've had like I don't know maybe 6 meetings today and most are talking about getting our employees more engaged or liking what their doing or whatever.... once I want to suggest if we had LESs meetings if that would help, I was wondering whilst walking back to my office what if I walked into my next meeting in just my underwwear and socks???

I could go on and on but I'm late for my next meeting :mad:

Last edited:
I used to work in the corporate world:sick:

This is how I felt for many an hour. And this is also what I wanted to do to many a people there :banghead:

This thread is going right into Favorites.:up:

my most hated phrase atm - quality framework.

fuck off.

had the good people from our state worksafe authority come through and do a 2 hour audit of my site. :crack:
my corner of the office is aaprently the darkest in the whole building and the ceiling fan makes a flicker worse than a fluro tube which may have caused my mental SNAP . :yikes:

my boss comes back from holidays friday and i have done NONE of the work he assigned me.

i earn less than one of our bus drivers and i am the supervisor WTF.

i need to go power juice pretty quickly i think.

Back
Top Bottom