What Your Plans For Thanksgiving Day

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hope everyone here has a great turkey day too...

Will be doing some major cooking that day & spending time with family.

Going to my parents house and having dinner with them, my brother and his wife and some aunts, uncles and cousins. Dessert with my BF's family.

My brother's wife and her sister inherited an old farm house down-state, and we are all going there for "an old-fashioned Thanksgiving." Looking forward to it. I'm sorry that my son won't be going with us, but he is going with his dad to *his* parents' upstate; and that's a good thing!

oh boy, let the holiday marathons begin!

i shouldn't complain though. it's exhausting, but it is great to feel so loved, and to have so many "families" that consider me a part of their own, and require me to spend time with them during holidays.

thanksgiving on thursday means i'll be eating multiple full meals with my blood family and my "adoptive" families.

friday i'll either be going to a concert or a basketball game.

on saturday, my friend and i are having a post-thanksgiving detox, where we'll be having a feast of raw vegan foods. :love:

sunday i have to fly back to this shithole. :(

I haven't been able to go visit my family for Thanksgiving in 2 years. :sad: It really sucks being here, and having to go to work. Hopefully next year I'll be able to go.

I may just make myself a small Thanksgiving dinner at home anyway. :)

Dinner at my house, immeadiate family of 16, plus my roommate coming home with us, plus my father's cousin + husband + son, and our British neighbors. Maybe my sister's fiance, so that's 22-23 people. Should be a great day.

Have a great Turkey day everyone, and truly take a moment to be thankful, no matter where you're at in life.

My brother's wife and her sister inherited an old farm house down-state, and we are all going there for "an old-fashioned Thanksgiving."

Purrl, this sounds awesome! :up:

We're doing a first this Thanksgiving and just going out to a restaurant. My Dad has to work. Since my Grandpa passed, my Grandma is just going to go to my Aunt's house down-the-street for dinner. So my Mom, my sister and I decided to take my other Grandma (who has Alzheimer's and is in a home) out for Thanksgiving dinner, so she doesn't have to be alone on the holiday. My Mom's Mom won't know the difference because of the Alzheimer's disease, but we will. Knowing she'll be with family at least part of the day makes us feel a bit better.

Happy T-Day to everyone. Eat lots, enjoy your loved ones and safe travels to and from your homes. :hug: :D

Check back and let us know what you thought about eating out for Thanksgiving, Fitz. I've done it several times, and even vacationed over the Thanksgiving holidays in Hawaii and on a Cruise. Eating out or being away from home is just not the same as a home cooked turkey dinner with friends and family gathered around the table, lemme tell ya!

Happy Thanksgiving to Everyone! Count your Blessings! :wave:

I'm cooking turkey and all of the trimmings for my family.

Menu

Turkey (of course)
green bean casserole
cranberry, sage stuffing with crumbled sausage
cranberry sauce
dinner rolls
and pumpkin pie

It's only five of us.....so, I don't want to be eating this stuff for a week! :lol:

this is what i'm planning to make:
chicken (we're doing turkey for christmas instead...yeah idk :lol:)
green bean casserole
cranberry sauce
apple and onion dressing
probably some other vegetable
mashed potatoes
apple pie and brownies

:drool:

Back
Top Bottom