What was the best thing you did in 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GirlsAloudFan

Blue Crack Addict
Tell us. What was the coolest, best, most life-changing, earth-shattering, awesome thing that you did or that happened to you this year?

I didn't have the most exciting year...it was cool but I'm sure some of you guys have better stuff to share. But I have to start it off I guess. I moved into a new apartment by myself and fixed it up pretty nice and spiffy. I made the decision to start grad school in the spring. (Although that's kind of boring). My baseball team called up an amazing new 3rd baseman. Ummm, I managed to survive the entire year and stay out of jail.

It looks like that's more than one thing, so you can say more than one thing, I suppose.

The best thing that happened to me this year was that I accidentally hit enter on an IM I meant to delete.

The best thing that happened to me this year was that I accidentally hit enter on an IM I meant to delete.

The best thing I managed to do this year was read a message that wasn't originally meant to be seen at all. And I didn't even have to stalk for it or anything. :love:

It wasn't considered so derivative at the time. :sad: Just kinda.

:lol:

There, there. :hug:

There just seem to be quite a few of them lately and it reminds me a bit of those workplaces where everyone is getting married or pregnant at the same time. One of those "is there something in the water?" kind of things. :)

Invite someone dear over to come see a U2 concert with me in Amsterdam :heart:

Other than that, a very big change of heart for myself :)

Probably the worst year for me on record, based on various things. Did win a marketing competition that was pretty special and kinda uncovered a hidden talent I had for public speaking. Met this amazing girl and spent an amazing morning/night with her, but nothing proper has developed as yet...for some reason :(

Traveling to Chicago and Vegas to meet friends, have fun and see U2. Both were amazing times, and I wouldn't trade them for the world.

Took a chance on love. Ended up getting hurt but it was worth it.

Yeah, me too. Did something out of the norm for me, ended up back on the dating horse for a few months. Some minor pain after two months, but it was worth it.

Meeting U2 outside of the Ed Sullivan Theater and having Bono sign my NLOTH CD.

But other than that, 2009 has been really disappointing for me.

Went to Ireland for 10 days last summer
Saw U2 twice (Soldier Field and Charlottesville)
Melanoma surgery and needle biospy both were benign
I still have my job
I'm still alive! :hyper:

IMG_1973.jpg

IMG_1957-1.jpg

JT1-11-2009crew.jpg

DSC01614.jpg

IMG_1946.jpg

IMG_1953.jpg

good times in '09

:)

The best thing I did was realize my life long dream of going to Disney World (never went there, not even as a kid) and I got to be a kid again for a week.

took a sabbatical from my life/work for a month, that i spent in europe got to visit my sister who was going through a divorce in Barcelona, spent time with my best friend in Budapest just before he got married, and got to see U2 in Berlin among other things, but needed the break...all in all was a pretty good fucking year!

Decided that love was more important than cynicism. Next year will be the year when I'll do something about it.

Best thing I did that impacted others: went to Antiqua & worked a week with other members of my church to build a facility for students & youth in crisis to work on trust issues, team building skills, etc. :heart:

Best thing I did for myself: Charlottesville 10/1, Raleigh 10/3 & Atlanta 10/6. :rockon:

Cannot top beating cancer, but:

Attended the Winter Classic at Wrigley on 1/1
Attended the Super Bowl where I got to see my beloved Steelers win
Attended the first game at new Yankee Stadium
Attended the Final Four
Attended the Kentucky Derby
Went to Europe for 15 days and saw amazing sites galore, as well as the first six U2 360 shows
Quit my job/left the only career I've known
Moved out of the Midwest, back to CA, Northern this time
Took an amazing drive from Chicago to the Bay Area, with stops at Mt. Rushmore, Badlands National Park, Yellowstone and, of course, Wall Drug
Move in with my GF
Started applying to Grad Schools

and the winner for me

Became a first-time Uncle, of adorable twin girls (even though I had nothing to do with this, really, it still is a major part of my 2009).

Back
Top Bottom