What was the best thing you did in 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
1. Closed a chapter of my life and was able to end my weekly therapy sessions
2. Finally graduated my BSc after 12 years (see above)
3. Continued working on my MSc
3. Got a couple of great new friends, and got back in touch with old friends
4. Got a new job (a carreer!)
5. Put myself out there

I'm pretty happy with how this year went :cheer:

2009 was a rough year but there were some important points

Number one has to be getting engaged to my wub, Nick. Amazing!
Close Behind are both the trip to the Rockies with Dad his wife and Nick and the U2 show.

I'm trying to leave the bad parts behind, here's to 2010. A fresh start without the heavy weights of useless heartless bastard friends

Invite someone dear over to come see a U2 concert with me in Amsterdam :heart:

Other than that, a very big change of heart for myself :)

Taking an invitation to see U2 in Amsterdam.

Also seeing them three times, having been to San Francisco, having had a great internship, having a 180° turn in something very personal and making some big progress on many things. :)

Definitely meeting the Mighty Boosh in San Diego and LA, new friends, and finally receiving the diagnosis confirming a degenerative spinal disease which has changed my life.

Travelling to Dublin to see all 3 360 shows U2 played at Croke Park. It was my first time in Europe and I never thought I would be able to ever go to Ireland and I did it.

Progressing through school well, working hard and scoring excellent grades.

Other than that, not much.

The year has been pretty bad for me, I think the U2 shows and meeting some really nice people at and around the shows have been my highlights. In fact, if I think about it, U2 have basically kept the year from going totally downhill, with the new album and all :lol:

^ This.

Me? Making it to 2010 :lol: This year sucked on quite a few levels. But I did join a gym for the first time in my life and dropped a few kilos.

^ This.

Me? Making it to 2010 :lol: This year sucked on quite a few levels. But I did join a gym for the first time in my life and dropped a few kilos.

that's #1 on my list each year, to see 01/01 of the next year...so far, so good.

:up: to joining the gym

-dan

Congratulations beegee, that's so great to hear! :)

The major focus of this year for me has been taking care of my mom. Other than that, seeing a few U2 shows with friends was a highlight.

I traveled to Ecuador for two weeks. I love exploring new countries. I stayed with a host family in Quito Ecuador. Inigenous and from the town of Tigua. I stayed up in their town for a week and photographed the people, the land. Amazing!!! Then I went to Guatemala for two weeks after that. Here are some pictures. Oh and I saw U2 in Pasadena. :)

The year has been pretty bad for me, I think the U2 shows and meeting some really nice people at and around the shows have been my highlights. In fact, if I think about it, U2 have basically kept the year from going totally downhill, with the new album and all :lol:

This is great. I agree there have been many times in my life where U2 have been a driving factor in keeping me sane and helping me cope to work through some struggles.

Back
Top Bottom