What was the best thing you did in 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh they liked the show alright. They probably didnt know much of the *new* material but enjoyed it just the same, and the **hits** were all well received. Also my sister got to go and bring her kids, who enjoyed it.

If someone went to that show and didn't like it, i would be checking for a pulse. Even casual fans or people who weren't really into the band would have to admit the show was awesome.

That was the most fun I've had at a show in 2009 - just a great night all around :up: :)

That was the most fun I've had at a show in 2009 - just a great night all around :up: :)

indeed Norman was just flat out amazing. Gotta put that one way above Dallas 360 even though Dallas had the larger crowd and it was in Jerry Jones' awesome new stadium.

Something in the air in Norman, the wind blowing fog everywhere and no roof over our heads only stars and the occasional low flying plane trying to get a glimpse of the spectacle. Wonder if the little planes could hear the show? That'd be funny...

Several of the people who were with us got sick the next day (cold and sinus crap) but all said it was well worth it! This show was legendary and i will always remember the special night it was.

2009 was a crazy year of family turmoil for me BUT that said the most awesome thing to happen this year was hearing 97,000+ people singing "Still Haven't Found" at the Rose Bowl. It was absolutely beautiful!:applaud:

2009 was absolutely nuts. Both good and bad.

Well, I got to see the most amazing band on the planet. Lost my Live U2 virginity. :D And I heard my all time favorite song live, which I never thought would happen. :love: Ultraviolet (Light My Way) :love:

I got my permit to drive on the streets of Maine. :wink:

One of the bad things that happened to me this year is losing my role model and friend. Miss her so much. :(

But overall, 2009 was definitely the most unpredictable year of my life. It ended on a good note though. :)

Great thread idea. :up:

This year I...

Paid off all my debt
Got to go to Vegas and see U2, and meet a whole bunch of awesome blue crackers, and also saw them in Vancouver
Went to Hawaii and went skydiving

Those are probably the biggest things for me. :)

Listened to nothing but U2 for over a month :D and saw them in Chicagoooo

other (obviously less important) things...
applied to go to Greece for a semester abroad and got in the program (I leave in 14 days!)
Got a drummer for my band, wrote an album with them
Decided on my major and career path
Took a chance with someone and got what I wanted... (also perhaps the worst thing I've done...)

Back
Top Bottom