What was the best thing you did in 2009?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
this year was pretty much a sucky year on a personal level but on a professional level, I had a pretty decent year. So I guess I'll just say that my one and only 2009 U2 concert in Vegas was the best thing about 2009. It was a much needed moment of peace in my life....

2009 was a decent year for me. Here are some of the highlights:

March- U2's new album came out, broke up with my girlfriend (yes, that was a good thing)
August- visited Maine with my sister and her family and had a blast
September- Pearl Jam's new album came out, saw U2 live for the 10th time
November- on my birthday (11/4) the New York Yankees won the 2009 World Series to capture their 27th Championship

Wow lots.

Saw U2
Went to Vegas
Met up with some friends and made new ones
Traveled alot

And I did all that with my baby :heart:

Best things for the year. . . .
finally admitted to myself and everyone else that I'd married the wrong guy, found a beautiful new best friend along the way.
Hopefully the new year will see me finally grow up a little and live how I want to without guilt.

I'll just say ditto :wink:

and add...

- losing my "U2 Live" virginity in Vegas and Pasadena :love:
- meeting the most incredible blue crack friends :love:
- decluttering my life in so many, many ways
- being ecstatic to start fresh in 2010 and not look back :love:

Not as cool as most of the others, but I accomplished a lot of things with my dogs that I'd only ever dreamed about before. I bought my first vehicle! I got to the original principle balance on my student loans (yeah, I've been paying interest for years). Got closer with some new friends, stayed close with some old friends, and lost touch with some friends that maybe never were friends.

Officially became a U2 fan.
Saw The Killers in concert.
I'm sure theres other stuff but I cant think of anything right now. Those are the top 2.

Took a trip to Tampa to see U2 with a couple of really special people.

:kiss:

Although it's not really something I "did", what made 2009 awesome for me was that none of my loved ones died. I've not been able to say that for some time. I feel very lucky this year for that. Yes, there have been some downs, but having my loved ones still here with me today as this year comes to an end makes it the best year in awhile.

And congrats to you, beegee
and everyone else on their accomplishments. I hope the new year brings you all happiness. :)

2009 was not the easiest year for me. My mom was pretty sick this year, and it turns out she has type 2 diabeetus and emphysema(never smoked WTF?). Also struggled financially. But I had some bright spots. One was seeing my mom take control, lose weight, and get her diabetes under control. She has her good days and bad days with her breathing, but it's been better. And she's starting to feel well enough to go back to work. So that is a pretty good way to close out 2009. :) Some highlights:

-Saw U2 with a fellow blue cracker(and one of my best friends :heart: )
-Met some awesome U2 fans from here and formed new friendships
-Got another puppy
-Turned 21 :cocktail:
-reconnected with some good friends from high school

The best thing in 2009 for me was the christening of my niece (biggest family get-together in years) :hug:, to see U2 in London and in Zagreb plus to get an autograph from Bono. The rest of 2009 was fairly average and therefore I am looking forward to 2010...little US and Portugal roadtrip and to see U2 in Anaheim I & II, Denver, Oakland, Seville & Coimbra. :rockon:

Can't say I did anything as amazing as kicking cancer's ass, but I had a pretty good year.

1. Decided to respond honestly (concerns and all) to an email on match.com, and it turned out to be the best move I've ever made in the relationship world.
2. Walked into a piano store "just to try some nice pianos" and ended up buying my first piano of my own 3 days later.

2009 was a pretty amazing year for me
I travelled around Europe for two months with my boyfriend, who then asked me to marry him in a square in Prague
I then came home and had a great year with work and friends and family
I took the plunge to move overseas for a year to London to teach and have been in London since October after a month long vaction in the states
And now i'm ending the year with my fiance (so funny to call him that) in the south black forest, in Germany in a chalet, covered in snow.

Hope 2010 is just as fun!

Way to go beegee for beating cancer!! Awesome :)

--Meeting U2 at the Metro in March, and getting all 4 to sign my Elevation tourbook and 3 of the 4 (Larry got away!) to sign our U2 wedding cake pic :hyper::hyper:

u2142.jpg

u2143.jpg

--celebrating our first year of being married, with a trip to San Fran in June
--making numerous trips to see family in NY, VA and NC. I miss my parents and sisters a lot, so this was a great thing to be able to do this year.
--U2 in Chicago (2nd show) and in Raleigh
--being poor for the next 30 years = buying our first house, in September! :hyper:

Best things I did in 2009,

Go see U2 in NYC @street naming and accidently bump into Edge.
See U2 at Fordham by winning tickets and some cash.
Be first row on Adams side in Jersey 360!

started my own business ... no regrets yet. Hope it remains that way.

Other than that, travelling to Ireland was pretty special :up:

U2 came to Norman and played their hearts out. I had the usual suspects with me plus a few more close friends who had never seen them before and wondered what all of the hoopla was all about.

Also bought some pretty cool new toys this year...

Painted the outside of my house this year. That was a bitch! Not doing that again anytime soon, took an entire week...i still need to do some more touchup when the weather gets nice again.

Most importantly though, spent some quality time with loved ones, family, and friends. Nothing is guaranteed so thats probably the best thing i did all year.

i almost forgot, Depeche Mode in Dallas was very special too. Never seen them before and they were amazing.

Im sure there is more but that is all for now...

Just curious--how did the folks who had never seen them before react to the show?

Oh they liked the show alright. They probably didnt know much of the *new* material but enjoyed it just the same, and the **hits** were all well received. Also my sister got to go and bring her kids, who enjoyed it.

If someone went to that show and didn't like it, i would be checking for a pulse. Even casual fans or people who weren't really into the band would have to admit the show was awesome.

Go see U2 in NYC @street naming and accidently bump into Edge.
QUOTE]

I totally remember that and then I immediately yelled EDGE and he turned around and waved. Then I turned around and Larry was like right there.

Can't say I did anything as amazing as kicking cancer's ass, but I had a pretty good year.

1. Decided to respond honestly (concerns and all) to an email on match.com, and it turned out to be the best move I've ever made in the relationship world.
2. Walked into a piano store "just to try some nice pianos" and ended up buying my first piano of my own 3 days later.
3. Met NSW

You had a fantastic 2009, I see.

Oh they liked the show alright. They probably didnt know much of the *new* material but enjoyed it just the same, and the **hits** were all well received. Also my sister got to go and bring her kids, who enjoyed it.

If someone went to that show and didn't like it, i would be checking for a pulse. Even casual fans or people who weren't really into the band would have to admit the show was awesome.

Thanks! :applaud:

Back
Top Bottom