What strange pets do you own?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
My cat's name is Bono but some people say he's a pig :grumpy:

bonosteps.jpg

Here's my ring tailed lemur ;) That's what we call her. Only pic I have of her to post, if you could see the LONG ringed tail you'd know why.

constance.jpg

I used to have a pet chicken. I found him as a tiny chick in one of my horse's stalls. Raised him in a box in the house. When he got big enough we would take him outside to play a bit, and when he was an adult he would wake us up in the morning (he would crow! Damn that's loud in a house!) and we'd let him out all day. Then at nightfall he would come back and wait at the door.

He was such a sweet pet.

My neighbor's chickens came over and killed him one day while we were away. :sad: Poor guy.... I was crushed...he never did anything to hurt them.

Those neighbors were scum. :mad:

Yeah, there were other bad incidents thatI don't want to remember as well. :sad: :mad:

I was glad to move away from there. My dad bought the house (parents got divorced) and he was fixing it up, so it was vacent for a while. One night it was robbed and set on fire. No one was ever caught, but everyone knew it was the neighbors. :madspit:

Oh the joys of living next to scum. :happy:

I used to have a chinchilla named Daisy :cute:

we once took care of a Llama as well his name was Buzz :heart:

oh and a duck in college my roommate rescued (quackers) his foot got stuck to the ice on the lake and had to be amputated :(

None at the moment.

I owned 2 chickens once - my brother and I were kids and went to a country fair with my grandpa and dad and they, being men, thought it would be great to buy us chicks. My Mom almost had a heart attack when we brought them back to our (urban) house.

I've also owned turtles, Australian zebra finches, a rescued pigeon and Collies.

Besides 4 cats (Beckham, Posh, Maximus, and Eden), I have a red eared slider (turtle), two Japanese firebelly newts, a snail, and various cichlid fish. My housemates have guinea pigs, hamsters, hermit crabs, and a mouse.

I had a firebelly toad, but somehow he escaped and I couldn't find him. I also had a tadpole that slowly turned into a frog, but he died. I think there was something majorly wrong w/ him since it took a year to turn into a frog.

As a kid I had frogs, toads, salamanders, fish, a bird, a hermit crab, snakes, a wild rabbit (rescued from a cat's mouth, weaned, and released), and a red squirrel (survived a 30 foot fall after being pushed from the nest, was syringe fed, but did not make it).

I have 23 fish.

I once had a swift, it's a friggin fast lizard. But the crickets ate him...(I have to think he was dead first, but I kid you not, the crickets were eating him...:sad: )

And I will some day own a chincilla. They are the COOOOLest animal I think one could own.

if by 'pet' you mean 'creepy guy in the basement' and by 'own' you mean 'he moved in one day', then yes, I'd say my Uncle Chester counts as a strange pet.

LivLuvAndBootlegMusic said:
I also had a tadpole that slowly turned into a frog, but he died. I think there was something majorly wrong w/ him since it took a year to turn into a frog.

I was just reading today on the clawed frog group I belong to, that some frogs do take a year to morph from tadpole to frog! I think they were talking about a bullfrog, but I imagine others are like that too.

Kristie said:
I had a chinchilla for a few years.
Cute little guy, but boring. Not mean, but not very friendly. Liked jelly beans.

My chinchilla and all but one of the ones my roommate had were very friendly. when you let them out they'd hop around the room for a while do some air flips then when they got tired they'd cuddle up on your shoulder or in your lap :cute:

My son and I had 2 real colorful fish (mine was named Bono and a very pretty familiar Blue Crack blue color). they were those Japanese fighting fish...when we'd put their bowls facing one another they'd both get all agitated and puffed up. It was almost evil.

Now I have a Jack Russell Terrier who isn't so much strange, but she is spoiled ROTTEN with some real idiosyncracies about her!

I own a free-roaming house lizard.

i didn't purchase him. he sort of came along with the flat when we bought it. back then, he was just a teeny-tiny baby lizard. nowadays, he's a morbidly obese adult lizard (this fact may well serve as an indication to the frequency and quality of my housekeeping efforts :shame: ).

my relationship with him has evolved from one of absolute abhorrence to that of reluctant tolerance. see, at first, i wanted to destroy him (and his creepy webbed extremities); my husband, however, wouldn't allow me to act on that impulse. as per my husband's ban, i was forced to accept his presence (in that way, i perceived the situation like an unwelcome in-law staying in my home). still, for kicks, i sometimes pull out the vacuum cleaner, dust it off and suction all around his hide-out. i rather enjoy seeing him scurry at the speed of sound for his life. don't feel bad for him or anything though, he gets back at me by defecating on my walls. not cool in my books :down:

i suppose, at some point, the lizard and I will develop mutual respect. but like any relationship, that takes time and a concerted effort on both our parts; we're committed to make this work.

:wink:

TripThruUreWires said:
I own a free-roaming house lizard.

i didn't purchase him. he sort of came along with the flat when we bought it. back then, he was just a teeny-tiny baby lizard. nowadays, he's a morbidly obese adult lizard (this fact may well serve as an indication to the frequency and quality of my housekeeping efforts :shame: ).

my relationship with him has evolved from one of absolute abhorrence to that of reluctant tolerance. see, at first, i wanted to destroy him (and his creepy webbed extremities); my husband, however, wouldn't allow me to act on that impulse. as per my husband's ban, i was forced to accept his presence (in that way, i perceived the situation like an unwelcome in-law staying in my home). still, for kicks, i sometimes pull out the vacuum cleaner, dust it off and suction all around his hide-out. i rather enjoy seeing him scurry at the speed of sound for his life. don't feel bad for him or anything though, he gets back at me by defecating on my walls. not cool in my books :down:

i suppose, at some point, the lizard and I will develop mutual respect. but like any relationship, that takes time and a concerted effort on both our parts; we're committed to make this work.

:wink:

:lmao:

Carek1230 said:
My son and I had 2 real colorful fish (mine was named Bono and a very pretty familiar Blue Crack blue color). they were those Japanese fighting fish...when we'd put their bowls facing one another they'd both get all agitated and puffed up. It was almost evil.

Now I have a Jack Russell Terrier who isn't so much strange, but she is spoiled ROTTEN with some real idiosyncracies about her!

I have one of those fishes too!! His name is "The Egde", he is a pretty cool fish loves to swim and swim, he also likes looking at himself in the mirror..vain little guy if you ask me!:wink:

seamonkeys :laugh: :cute:

and when i was a kid i had two betta siamese fighting fish...i didn't know you weren't supposed to put them in the same fishbowl...i found out one morning when i woke up went downstairs to feed them...and they'd eaten eachother :sad:

(yes i had the seamonkeys when i was an adult :lol: :reject: )

Back
Top Bottom