What rock star would you most want to chaperone around,if you had to?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Alchemyst

Babyface

Irrespective whether any greatly admired person named is currently deceased (pretend they were alive) or still alive, what greatly admired rock performer or musician would you most want to look after and chaperone around (if you had to do that for a week, to keep them out of mischief), before they performed a concert and how would you (seriously or humorously) handle and manage them.

It can include any U2 member, but doesn't have to.

Elvis would have been fun back in his day, David Lee Roth would have probably been equally entertaining.

But after reading Bill Flanagin's book, i suppose u2 during the zoo tour would have been the ultimate since that was a wild ride, and im a huge fan.

Bono.......Or any member of U2. I think they are gentlemen. Treat women with a great deal of respect. And it would be lots of fun!

Yeah, I hate to be obvious, but it would have to be Bono.

Assuming I could keep up with him, anyway.

Brian Wilson. I would mostly just use sock puppets and draw lips on my hand and make them talk cause I figure he'd respond well to that. Then when he was needed on stage I'd scream, "HOLY FUCK! LEPRECHAUNS RIGHT THERE ON STAGE!" cause he would have to investigate that, and then he'd be on stage, on time, and I'd be the hero.

I got to do this (kinda) for Steve Kilbey of The Church this spring. :) I say kinda, because he didn't need chaperoning (he's been there, done that with the rock star thing), just chauffeuring, and because it was only for a couple of days, not a week.

We travelled between tour stops, so we spent several hours in the car each day. He was a remarkably good travelling companion. I always enjoy talking to Steve anyway, so this was just like an even more prolonged conversation. I'd transport him again any time. :)

Bruce-even though nothing could happen, unfortunately, since he's married :wink:

If not him then John Mayer :huh: -even though he annoys me to no end, somehow I like to think I could talk some sense into him and make him grow up :slant:

If not him then John Mayer :huh: -even though he annoys me to no end, somehow I like to think I could talk some sense into him and make him grow up :slant:

or at least do something that would make him unable to make more "music."

:hmm: yes, i've been going about this thread the wrong way...trying to come up with someone interesting and cool. no, i think i'd just want to chaperone lady gaga or someone craptastic like that and make her life a living hell. make her wear normal clothes, take away all the electronic voice crap. or three day's grace. buy them a bunch of coke, and while they were snorting it go launch their bus full of guitars into a lake. yeah, that's what i'd do.

or at least do something that would make him unable to make more "music."

:hmm: yes, i've been going about this thread the wrong way...trying to come up with someone interesting and cool. no, i think i'd just want to chaperone lady gaga or someone craptastic like that and make her life a living hell. make her wear normal clothes, take away all the electronic voice crap. or three day's grace. buy them a bunch of coke, and while they were snorting it go launch their bus full of guitars into a lake. yeah, that's what i'd do.

:lol:

I got to do this (kinda) for Steve Kilbey of The Church this spring. :) I say kinda, because he didn't need chaperoning (he's been there, done that with the rock star thing), just chauffeuring, and because it was only for a couple of days, not a week.

We travelled between tour stops, so we spent several hours in the car each day. He was a remarkably good travelling companion. I always enjoy talking to Steve anyway, so this was just like an even more prolonged conversation. I'd transport him again any time. :)

Thats awesome, how in the world did you get to do that?

i actually bought the "Starfish" album earlier this year. Very cool :up:

Thats awesome, how in the world did you get to do that?

i actually bought the "Starfish" album earlier this year. Very cool :up:

I first started talking to Steve in 2003 in, of all places, a chatroom set up for Church fans. The Church was releasing a new album, Steve had some solo and side projects in the works, and he was also just beginning to sell some of the paintings he was creating, so he would pop into the chatroom to find out what people were saying about all the stuff. While everyone wanted to talk about the music, I was often the only one who would talk to him about his art. We kept up a correspondence (moved to email after a while) and I eventually asked if he would mind if I set up a small exhibit of his work so other fans could see (and buy, if they so desired) some of his art. The show did ok -- people came out, sold some things, Steve got some inquiries. A month after it closed I got a phone call -- I thought it was a telemarketer and just about hung up :yikes: -- it was Steve, who didn't know what to do with those inquiries, so he asked me if I'd like to be his art manager. I said ok, and I've been handling most of his art business since 2005.

Through this we've become friends and I take off several days when the band tours here to visit and see them play. This time they reserved rooms for me at the same hotels they were using, so we were all checking out at the same time one morning. They were figuring out who had to be where when that day, and Steve asked me "You're staying at the same hotel we are tonight, right?" I said yeah, so he said "I'm riding with her!" And so he did. :) And he did the next day too. :)

Speaking of Starfish -- they are considering playing Starfish and one other album (the current front runner is Untitled #23 their most recent -- and the best reviewed of their career -- album) all the way through on their next US tour. That could be interesting. :)

(and that was all probably waaaaay more than you really wanted to know, wasn't it? :uhoh: )

Back
Top Bottom