What happened on 5-21-2008 on this forum: An explanation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tiger Edge

Rock n' Roll Doggie Band-aid
Most users ever online was 1,625, 05-21-2008 at 11:33 PM

The majority of interferencers are well aware of the horrific story of Sada Abe, but had it not been for the 72nd anniversary and semi-annual retelling, the story would have been lost.
I remember the absolute determination when user "Bono Chest Hair" began the thread that started on interference revolution.
I contacted my friend, she contacted her friends, and they all contacted each other to come to interference to hear a live play by play reconstruction of the story of Sada Abe.

Within mere minutes, hundreds flocked to the thread, momentarily bringing down interference servers. Nothing, however, could compare to the next hour when interference reached its pinnacle. Everyone was guessing where she was without stopping to think that she would have reached the age of 103 by now! It wasn't until user "Edge's Weave" pointed this out.
Interference bottomed out. The story and the frenzy was gone. A few still believed that she existed, but they were soon quashed by the remaining masses who said "Enough is enough."

The entire story of this pertinent date in interference history is said to have been carefully preserved in a lolcat macro, but its current whereabouts are now unknown.

If anyone has the image of this lolcat, please bring it forward. I would like to see this classic retelling have a little bit of revival before the pages are closed on interference history.

Thank you.

i have no idea what this story is about, but it appears to me that your avatar is a mad tiger wearing an Edge beanie. Did the tiger turn into Edge....or worse....did the tiger eat Edge? OMG. .. . ... . .... . I hope Bono's okay.

come to think of it my avatar is pretty fucked too. I mean Sleestack? They are slow. ... .... . . .. they hiss at people.... . ... and they really aren't that scary now that im over the age of Ten. If you believe... .. . ... . .. . .. . .. . ....they put a man on the moon

MAN ON THE MOOOOOOON
if you believe
if

The majority of interferencers are well aware of the horrific story of Sada Abe, but had it not been for the 72nd anniversary and semi-annual retelling, the story would have been lost.
I remember the absolute determination when user "Bono Chest Hair" began the thread that started on interference revolution.
I contacted my friend, she contacted her friends, and they all contacted each other to come to interference to hear a live play by play reconstruction of the story of Sada Abe.

Within mere minutes, hundreds flocked to the thread, momentarily bringing down interference servers. Nothing, however, could compare to the next hour when interference reached its pinnacle. Everyone was guessing where she was without stopping to think that she would have reached the age of 103 by now! It wasn't until user "Edge's Weave" pointed this out.
Interference bottomed out. The story and the frenzy was gone. A few still believed that she existed, but they were soon quashed by the remaining masses who said "Enough is enough."

The entire story of this pertinent date in interference history is said to have been carefully preserved in a lolcat macro, but its current whereabouts are now unknown.

If anyone has the image of this lolcat, please bring it forward. I would like to see this classic retelling have a little bit of revival before the pages are closed on interference history.

Thank you.

wait...you did what to who for how many jelly beans???

Back
Top Bottom