What did you give?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

U2isthebest

ONE love, blood, life
I only gave to family this year because that's about all I could afford.:lol:

Papa: a red sweater that he's been too cheap to buy for awhile.
Grandma: 4 new sets of bath towels, hand towels, wash cloths and a 5 quart Rachel Ray cast iron pot that she's had her eye on for ages but refused to buy because of the price.
Dad: a new pair of sweats seeing as he's a Phys ed. teacher and a book called "What It Means To Be A Wolverine" with stories from famous University of Michigan football players. He's a huge fan of U of M football.
Mom: a new pair of Nikes because she wore her old ones out and an orange 8G iPod nano.

Mom - book: A Thousand Splendid Suns, dvd: Pleasantville, Starbucks coffee cup
Dad - cd: Rattle & Hum, Achtung Baby, dvd: Rattle & Hum
Sister - Edward Cullen 'Twilight' poster, dvd: Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2, Get Smart, book: A Thousand Splendid Suns
friend Kim - book: I Am Legend, dvd: Ellen Degeneres, Transamerica, Blu-Ray Sleeping Beauty Anniversary Edition
friend Adam - v-neck undershirts (it's what he wanted!), home-made funny cd
friend Nathan - PSP movie: Robots, dvd: The Simpsons Movie, Ultraviolet Collector's Edition
friend Colin - dvd: Will & Grace Season 5
My Sunshine (my best friends' son) - book: strategy guide Super Mario Brothers Galaxy, game: DS Lego Star Wars Complete Saga

Mom: Programmable crockpot

Youngest sister: Complete "Halloween" dvd collection

Mike: Dark Knight dvd,Bears t-shirt and The Indiana Jones Complete Adventure set

Nieces and nephews: Ripstick,video games,Vtech learning system,prepaid cell phone and shoes. Have too many too list what each one got invidually lol

My friend Aric: Welcome Home Roscoe Jenkins dvd and gift certificates to the movies

Diana,Mia and Cari: Keepsake boxes with special pictures on each box

Leif: A musical Chicago snowglobe

MJ: You will find out soon :sexywink:

Yeah I pretty much spent A LOT this year! :lol:

Jason- Phillies partial season ticket plan
Parents- gift certificate to Maggiano's Little Italy restaurant in Philly
Brother and sister in-law- toaster oven
friends- clothes, cds, dvds

I love gift giving and had such fun shopping and wrapping for my friends and family this year. It was especially fun spending Christmas with my grandson. Christmas was really all about him this year, kids are so much fun at Christmas!

i'm trying to remember everything. it's all a blur :crack:

mom: wii, dwts game, set of brighton necklace, earrings, and bracelet.
dad: university of maryland watch, steelers merchandise, and candy.
grandma: slippers, fleece blanket, split the price of a ring with my mom.
boss: picture frame

2 years ago I found my moms old guitar she used to play in her teens, I've cleaned it up and put it back together again, then used it to record a cd for her. Now she has it back.

I only had to buy for my dad this year since my mom died in July.

I gave him:
1. Blackberry Vanilla Bath Set
2. Cinnamon Apple Bath Set
3. Mama Mia DVD (2 Disc)
4. Wallet
5. Iron Man T-Shirt
6. Diabetic Socks
7. Gillette Bath Set
8. Cinnamon Coffee (with two Cinnamon rock candy like swizzle sticks)
9. English Breakfast Tea (with two Honey rock candy like swizzle sticks)
10. Heartfelt Letter of Appreciation

We did a Secret Santa this year so I had to get something for my sister. Got her Minnie Mouse slippers and a pair of diamond earrings.

MJ: You will find out soon :sexywink:

I can hardly wait :flirt:

In Holland, we usually don't give a lot of gifts with Christmas, we pretty much do that at Sinterklaas (December 5). But, I couldn't resist anyway, so here's my small list:

Mum - a white Mickey Mouse cooking timer (which she wanted for a long time!) and a book.
Sister - a make-up bag and a Christmas dvd.
Dad & his gf - a silver wine-opener.
Shannon - she'll find out soon :kiss:

:)

^Takes four weeks.

On the Move for Shannon, a gingerbread heart saying Fröhliche Weihnachten (Merry Christmas) for Mia and Sex and the City season 2 for Cari (birthday present as well).
My mother got the new CD from Tracy Chapman and another one from Reamonn.

I gave gift cards to my sisters and brothers-in-law. But for my parents, I gave my dad a book and my mom some needlepointing.

2 years ago I found my moms old guitar she used to play in her teens, I've cleaned it up and put it back together again, then used it to record a cd for her. Now she has it back.

:cute:

10. Heartfelt Letter of Appreciation

:hug:

Mom: scrapbook of her grandson's year
Dad: Burn After Reading DVD
Mr.Z: clothes, subscription to the local paper, bootleg of his favorite concert from this year
MIL: framed pics of the kid
FIL: DVD of Obama's acceptance speech on election night
SIL: hand made/painted picture frame
Son: RoboRaptor
Brother #1: Itunes gift card
Brother #2: donation to Bite Back, a group that buys and distributes mosquito nets to those in need, in his name
Grandma: framed scrapbook page of her great-grandson

It was a lovely day and a year to be thankful for.

Mom and Dad: Panera Bread gift card
Sister: slippers and PJ pants
Brother: sweater
Brother's GF: slippers and PJ pants
Parents in law: went in on a photo book from Shutterfly
Mom's family: can't be there but sent along smoked lake trout and pickled herring
Phil's family: smoked lake trout and pickled herring
Dog friends: "puppy chow" (human snack) and baked liver treats
Work people: puppy chow snack

my mom: slippers, burt's bees lip balms, Silpat baking mat
my stepdad: Farmer's Almanac & long sleeved shirt
my sister/brother in law: silicone pot holders, 2 hair towels and an eyeshadow, Hogan's Heroes season 2, Starbucks gift card
my sister/brother in law: slippers, and one of those "Ped Egg" things, Indiana Jones dvd, Lowe's gift card
my sister/brother in law: she said neither of them really really needed anything :shrug:
niece: 2 bottles of Cinnamon Bun Heaven lotion (ebay!), 3 pairs of earrings
niece: pair of jeans and small makeup bag with lip gloss & lotion
niece: 1 Disney headband and 1 purse for dressup
niece: 1 Disney headband and 1 purse for dressup
niece: 2 hardcover children's books (Ella Sets the Stage, Ella Takes the Cake..and my niece's name is Ella...go figure :love: )
nephew: 2 long-sleeved shirts
my husband: Beatles ornament, 2 books to keep his concert ticket stubs in, Dr. Who dvd set, sleepy pants, last set of 2008 quarters from US mint.
my mother in law: Centennial dvd set and Barnes and Noble gift card
my cousin in law (my husband's family does a grab bag): 2 shower gels, 1 body butter and a Gap gift card
friend: purse, wallet, Sweet Pea candle
friend: oil burner, 2 bottles of oil, tealight candles, small Snoopy ornament

I spent a lot but saved a lot too, using coupons and leftover gift cards. I LOVE buying for people, a lot more than buying for myself. it's hard to stop sometimes.

Just the majors...

My girl got Uggs Seline and a nice scent!

I got a new Ping Rapture driver and Sony Blu-Ray player...

Together, we got another Vizio 32" plasma HD for the bedroom..

And...we had the painter finish up by doing the kitchen and 3 bathrooms...Santa then bought my gal new kitchen counter-top appliances in red!!!

Merry Christmas!

Ma: a Mariah Carey CD, some silicone baking tray thing (she asked for both of them. Her birthday's on Christmas, so I got her two things.)
Dad: two magazines full of advertisements for used trucks (I think this was his favourite present out of all of them)
Brother: a Dorothy Parker compilation book.
Sister: diamond necklace.
Dog: plush penguin.
Cousins and uncle: small bottles of whiskey
Friends: I'll get to that before I see them.

Hey, I'm on Centrelink, I can't afford much else.

Mum- Silence of the Lambs DVD
Dad- Black Ice-AC/DC
Sister 1- Ferris Buller's Day Off & Gushers
Sister 2- a new purse & Gushers
Grandpa- mints...because he wont accept gifts!
Grandma- candle
Boyfriend- Dunder Mifflin Hat & a drum tab book & a guitar riff written by me
Friend- the Million Dollar Hotel

What an exceptionally good gift. I imagine that is the gift your father will always remember. :hug:

Well, I did this for two reasons:

1. I saw this on Oprah, but you put little notes in a box instead of what did....which was a full fledge letter in a wrapped envelope

2. With everything that happened to my family this year...I figured he needed a good pick-me-up :D :hug:

Mum - 2 person swing (and it took hours to make!!!) mother china cup, tins of biscuits (she collects tins), painting, ceramic picture
the Man - car stuff, garden stuff, DVD stuff, electronic stuff (way too easy to buy for!)
family - lotions, clothes, books, gift cards, photo frames
friends - alcohol, scrapbooked pics of us, chocolates, alcohol utensils (shaker, mixers, recipe books, we like to drink)

overall quite a nice xmas. I really love giving more than receiving :wink:

Fancy truffles from a chocolatier nearby for most of the fam
Money for my brothers, lol, easy.
A few other bits for friends :) That's it.. I was so busy and uncoordinated this year, I literally did everything after work on the 23rd before packing and catching a flight home :crazy:

Back
Top Bottom