What did you get from Santa? - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 12-25-2011, 03:53 AM   #1
45:33

Local Time: 04:21 PM
What did you get from Santa?

For those of us who participate in this custom, what did Santa bring you? I know we all talk about how it is a time of giving, and blah, blah, blah, but we do all like receiving presents as well.

I got 80s episodes of Gumby, which I was stoked to get. And we also got a foosball table. And I got JB HiFi vouchers. $100 worth.

Mum doesn't know yet, but I'm buying her a long session at a day spa in early Jan. I feel it's the least I can do after what she went through this year.

What did you get? And, if you so wish, what did you give?

Old 12-25-2011, 04:16 AM   #2
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 05:21 AM
I got a new i-pod nano from my Mum, which is great because my poor old i-pod has finally gone to the big junk heap in the sky. My brother gave me cash - he said he wanted to give me an Aztec club but it didn't get through the customs. Also, some fancy tea from T2 and chocolates.

Old 12-25-2011, 04:21 AM   #3
Vocal parasite

Local Time: 04:21 PM
I presume absolutely nobody west of Australia got anything, since Santa was electrocuted in one hell of a storm in Melbourne.

Ian McCulloch the U2 fan:
"Who buys U2 records anyway? It's just music for plumbers and bricklayers. Bono, what a slob. You'd think with all that climbing about he does, he'd look real fit and that. But he's real fat, y'know. Reminds me of a soddin' mountain goat."
"And as for Bono, he needs a colostomy bag for his mouth."

U2gigs: The most comprehensive U2 setlist database!
Gig pictures | Blog
Axver is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 05:29 AM   #4
Paper Gods
Forum Administrator

Local Time: 11:21 PM
uhh fuck i can honestly never remember what i get. opening presents is all a huge blur to me and i can only remember bits and pieces.

what i gave: gave my parents a 32" lcd tv, as their previous tv was crapping out and while it was an hd, it was one of those old school huge ones. gave ian some seattle seahawks gear, a shitton of tv dvds, fifa 12 for ps3, and lots of american candy. oh, and i got my kitties back in the states a big water fountain. it sounds like i spoiled everyone but honestly, thanks to cyber monday, everything cost a fraction of what it normally would've. i love capitalism (sometimes).

what did i get? uhh, some cash (yuss), earrings, awesome new camera, alton brown books i've wanted for a while now, i got so much nice stuff and i can't remember any of it.
Old 12-25-2011, 06:31 AM   #5
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 06:21 AM
Coal, of course.
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:26 AM   #6
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 01:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Coal, of course.

Damn, you too huh? Besides that I guess a trip and cash could suffice.
Old 12-25-2011, 02:58 PM   #7
arw
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 12:21 AM
I got a new iPod nano, gift cards, clothes, and a few other little things but nothing was from Santa Wesley, my kitty, got a scratching pole, toys, and lots of treats. We're both very happy
Old 12-25-2011, 03:16 PM   #8
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

I got... four CDs, a poster of my second favorite band, two hats, a bunch of socks (from my grandmother -___- ), a pair of pink Converse, a pair of heart-shaped earrings, a T-shirt with the Joshua Tree inner photo on it, a psychedelic bookmark, a pair of fingerless gloves (that I could play clarinet in if I do marching band again next year), two books, a 2012 calendar with a cupcake recipe for every month, and- probably the coolest of all- a Zoo TV Tour program from the final concert in Tokyo. Of course that means it's in Japanese- but who cares, it's awesome.
Old 12-25-2011, 03:39 PM   #9
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 09:21 PM
I got an iPad from my uncle, an iPhone4 from my amazing sister and a nice big check from my mum! Merry Christmas! Now my birthday is 5 days away
Old 12-25-2011, 06:57 PM   #10
Blue Crack Distributor

Local Time: 09:21 PM
Green Bay Packers stock. I never realized I wanted to be the owner of an NFL team, but now that I am, I feel very fulfilled.

Then I got a lot of little knick-knacky things: some kitchen gadgets my mom noticed I didn't have when they were here for Thanksgiving, a little iPad stand, and a cool little booklight.
Old 12-25-2011, 11:15 PM   #11
Blue Crack Addict

fleece vest, pair of smartwool socks, garden hauler (sort of like a wagon/wheelbarrow), two pairs of slippers (I told everyone I wanted slippers), sweatpants, a book on cleaning (joke from my mom), a set of small ceramic mixing bowls (cousin/auntie white elephant exchange, I drew second-to-last so I ended up with what I wanted).
Old 12-25-2011, 11:38 PM   #12
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Local Time: 11:21 PM
Super Deluxe Achtung Baby (!), some tea from Republic of Tea (the Milk Oolong is fantastic), a nice calendar, some new pajamas (my old ones finally fell apart), Jelly Belly Fruit Bowl Selection jelly beans, socks, and a wireless network adapter for my Xbox 360.

I gave everyone in my family DVDs this year.
Old 12-26-2011, 12:02 AM   #13
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
What I got: Candy
Clothes
Lavender Scented Personal Products
Regular Personal Products
Sony Headphones
a deck of Uno cards
a Farmville Gift Card
Scrabble Flash
Yatzee Flash
M&M dispenser

What I gave: Dad - Star Wars Mugs, personal products, a new digital watch and clothes.
My Cats: Two Angry Birds catnip toys, a regular catnip toy and food (both in individual pouch form and in a bag)
Old 12-26-2011, 12:08 AM   #14
War Child

John Lennon t-shirt (sister), beanie with ear flaps, three long sleeve shirts, quarter zip sweater, new wireless mouse for my laptop, Mad Men seasons 3 and 4 (parents), and a check for $75 (grandparents). Got chocolate coins, chocolate orange, and a box of Junior Mints (very refreshing!) in my stocking.

Just a bunch of practical things and the money will probably end up going toward my student loans that I have to pay next month.

Gave my sister 2 belly button rings (she really seems to like them), mom a book of over 500 soko puzzles and a snow baby Christmas ornament, dad a non stick pan and a non stick whisk for his oatmeal in the mornings (also one less dish for me to wash).
Old 12-26-2011, 12:10 AM   #15
Blue Crack Addict

Location: Having fun with the changing weather in Illinois...and wanting to meet Bono again. Please...for christ sakes call me Weldy!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeongirl View Post
Coal, of course.
At least you can make your own diamond...I think. Or at least use it to heat something up (if you have something that uses coal as a fuel source).