What did you get from Santa?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
For those of us who participate in this custom, what did Santa bring you? I know we all talk about how it is a time of giving, and blah, blah, blah, but we do all like receiving presents as well.

I got 80s episodes of Gumby, which I was stoked to get. And we also got a foosball table. And I got JB HiFi vouchers. $100 worth.

Mum doesn't know yet, but I'm buying her a long session at a day spa in early Jan. I feel it's the least I can do after what she went through this year.

What did you get? And, if you so wish, what did you give?

I got a new i-pod nano from my Mum, which is great because my poor old i-pod has finally gone to the big junk heap in the sky. My brother gave me cash - he said he wanted to give me an Aztec club but it didn't get through the customs. Also, some fancy tea from T2 and chocolates.

I presume absolutely nobody west of Australia got anything, since Santa was electrocuted in one hell of a storm in Melbourne.

uhh fuck i can honestly never remember what i get. opening presents is all a huge blur to me and i can only remember bits and pieces.

what i gave: gave my parents a 32" lcd tv, as their previous tv was crapping out and while it was an hd, it was one of those old school huge ones. gave ian some seattle seahawks gear, a shitton of tv dvds, fifa 12 for ps3, and lots of american candy. oh, and i got my kitties back in the states a big water fountain. it sounds like i spoiled everyone but honestly, thanks to cyber monday, everything cost a fraction of what it normally would've. i love capitalism (sometimes). :D

what did i get? uhh, some cash (yuss), earrings, awesome new camera, alton brown books i've wanted for a while now, i got so much nice stuff and i can't remember any of it. :reject:

I got a new iPod nano, gift cards, clothes, and a few other little things but nothing was from Santa :flirt: Wesley, my kitty, got a scratching pole, toys, and lots of treats. We're both very happy :)

I got... four CDs, a poster of my second favorite band, two hats, a bunch of socks (from my grandmother -___- ), a pair of pink Converse, a pair of heart-shaped earrings, a T-shirt with the Joshua Tree inner photo on it, a psychedelic bookmark, a pair of fingerless gloves (that I could play clarinet in if I do marching band again next year), two books, a 2012 calendar with a cupcake recipe for every month, and- probably the coolest of all- a Zoo TV Tour program from the final concert in Tokyo. Of course that means it's in Japanese- but who cares, it's awesome.

Green Bay Packers stock. I never realized I wanted to be the owner of an NFL team, but now that I am, I feel very fulfilled. :wink:

Then I got a lot of little knick-knacky things: some kitchen gadgets my mom noticed I didn't have when they were here for Thanksgiving, a little iPad stand, and a cool little booklight.

fleece vest, pair of smartwool socks, garden hauler (sort of like a wagon/wheelbarrow), two pairs of slippers (I told everyone I wanted slippers), sweatpants, a book on cleaning (joke from my mom), a set of small ceramic mixing bowls (cousin/auntie white elephant exchange, I drew second-to-last so I ended up with what I wanted).

Super Deluxe Achtung Baby (!), some tea from Republic of Tea (the Milk Oolong is fantastic), a nice calendar, some new pajamas (my old ones finally fell apart), Jelly Belly Fruit Bowl Selection jelly beans, socks, and a wireless network adapter for my Xbox 360.

I gave everyone in my family DVDs this year.

What I got: Candy
Clothes
Lavender Scented Personal Products
Regular Personal Products
Sony Headphones
a deck of Uno cards
a Farmville Gift Card
Scrabble Flash
Yatzee Flash
M&M dispenser

What I gave: Dad - Star Wars Mugs, personal products, a new digital watch and clothes.
My Cats: Two Angry Birds catnip toys, a regular catnip toy and food (both in individual pouch form and in a bag)

John Lennon t-shirt (sister), beanie with ear flaps, three long sleeve shirts, quarter zip sweater, new wireless mouse for my laptop, Mad Men seasons 3 and 4 (parents), and a check for $75 (grandparents). Got chocolate coins, chocolate orange, and a box of Junior Mints (very refreshing!) in my stocking.

Just a bunch of practical things and the money will probably end up going toward my student loans that I have to pay next month.

Gave my sister 2 belly button rings (she really seems to like them), mom a book of over 500 soko puzzles and a snow baby Christmas ornament, dad a non stick pan and a non stick whisk for his oatmeal in the mornings (also one less dish for me to wash).

I got Wireless Beats by Dre from my sister!! just what I wanted.

And then a completely unexpected iPad from my parents (I was expecting nothing). Totally awesome.

And then a really cool GAP shirt from my brother and a few other books as well.

And money from my extended family :D

Good Christmas!

Tickets to Sydney + Picasso exhibition
The Lion King DVD
Some Lego-type toy made in Hong Kong with brilliant Engrish
Simpsons seasons 4 + 5 DVD sets
Boxset of 30's horror movies
a rug

mhhhh money (asked for it because I'm going on an expensive vacation in january)
lonely planet east coast australia
CD
2x 16 GB memory card for the camera
oh and lots of chocolate hihiii

edit: and i got for myself a bruce springsteen ticket for next summer ;)

Mum doesn't know yet, but I'm buying her a long session at a day spa in early Jan. I feel it's the least I can do after what she went through this year.

Aw, that sounds lovely. I'd like to do something like that for my mom.

So far I got one of those Pillow Pets-a panda one, which is super cute, and the 'Beetlejuice' movie DVD. The latter excites me, because first off, I like the movie, and second, because one of the special features are some episodes from the "Beetlejuice" cartoon series, which I absolutely loved as a kid. So I'm looking forward to watching those. I guess there's a couple other gifts coming, they'll just be a bit late, so shall see what those are when the time comes.

As for what I got others, I got my sister a series of "Glee" novels and the "Glee" concert DVD, I gave my mom a Miami Dolphins Christmas ornament and Dolphins fleece throw (which she's currently covering up with), as well as the second season of the show "The Partridge Family" (she has the first). And I got my sister's boyfriend a book in a series (something "Realms" related, I'm blanking on the title now), but unfortunately, it's not here yet. I still have a couple friends to get gifts for, those I'll give them in a couple weeks, probably, 'cause that's the next time I'll see them.

A Kindle 3G touch
Kindle, iTunes, and movie theater gift cards
Jennifer Aniston perfume-I love it, it smells so good
Stila makeup
a calendar
Lion King Blu ray with a stuffed lion :wink:
a butterfly book from the Museum Of Natural History
computer lap desk
candle holder for my Slatkin candles
a very cute Disney ornament and Mickey pens
a watch

Earth: The Book by the writers of teh Daily Show
Doctor Who specials DVD set
Green Day shirt
Doctor Who Tardis shirt
calendar
stationery set
pj's
and I gave myself carpal tunnel from knitting too much :happy:

Santa was very good to me!

Money
Lots of gift cards

2 candles
Ivory colored sweater
warm gloves
2 pairs of jammies :D
A lovely hard bond photo book of my 2 great nephews & their parents
A Jane Austen calendar.
2 bottles of wine
And a bonus money from work

I got... four CDs, a poster of my second favorite band, two hats, a bunch of socks (from my grandmother -___- ), a pair of pink Converse, a pair of heart-shaped earrings, a T-shirt with the Joshua Tree inner photo on it, a psychedelic bookmark, a pair of fingerless gloves (that I could play clarinet in if I do marching band again next year), two books, a 2012 calendar with a cupcake recipe for every month, and- probably the coolest of all- a Zoo TV Tour program from the final concert in Tokyo. Of course that means it's in Japanese- but who cares, it's awesome.
Added to this, my dad gave me another CD, three other books, and a pair of earrings. My other grandma sent $20, a necklace, and a glass box for my jewelry. Okay, now I feel spoiled. :angel:

Back
Top Bottom