What are your Thanksgiving plans?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Well, It will be just like a typical dinner, with me eating my one-time-a-year-turkey-dinner, I loathe turkey.
Then I gotta go to work at 11 pm that night.

MrPurrl and I will have our traditional turkey/mashed potatoes/gravy/stuffing/green beans/pumpkin pie dinner--lots of football on TV, you know! My son will join us, but it will be an early evening, as he has to be at work at 4:00 a.m. the next morning. :huh:

I'll enjoy having the day off, and I'm going to have afternoon dinner with my friend who invited me.

My family is a few thousand miles away, so I have a few standing invitations from coworkers and friends to spend holidays with them. :)

Going to my aunt's, her turn to cook. We have an Italian Thanksgiving. Lasagna at 3, Turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes, etc at 6 and dessert at 8. My fiancee is going to the Eagles game that night(he has season tix) and can only stay for the lasagna part. At least I talked him out of tailgating.

having turkey of course

thanksgiving_turkey_2.jpg

and hopefully watching my favorite Thanksgiving show
Thanksgiving Orphans "CHEERS" | TV, Music & Movies | Funny Videos, Pictures and Jokes at JibJab

Birdzilla :lol:

Watch the Macy's parade, eat lots of food with the family, then watch whatever movie is on that night.

I can't get the time off work to go be with my family, but that's okay. It will just be a normal everyday Thursday, but I'm hoping to make myself a turkey dinner that night. :)

Prep begins on Wednesday. This mostly means cleaning and making the place presentable for visiting family members. Oh and putting the Christmas decorations up.

Thursday will mean getting up early and cooking, cooking, cooking. Then the family all come, and we'll eat at about 3. Afterwards we'll hang out and eat dessert and discuss what we want for Christmas. Maybe we'll watch a DVD.

Then after that, there will be a lot of cleaning and putting away of leftovers. At least 2 loads of dishes will have to be washed.

My brother is coming home from Boston to spend the break with us so I'm excited for that.

Did I mention that my brother and I will be cooking the entire meal? :|
I probably won't even eat as much as I normally do because I'll be the co-cook. Nonetheless, Thanksgiving is about giving thanks... so.... I'm thankful for the meal. :drool:

Going to my cousins on my dad's side of the family!!!!! They are so much more fun, than the ones on my mom's side. It's these times when I miss my parents the most. :sad:

Spending some quality time with my Mom. She just recently moved in with my sister, who had a suite/addition built onto her house for Mom. But my Mom is having a really difficult time with giving up her independence and her house. (Dad passed away in 05)
It's so hard for her and I just cry when I think of it because she knows her house and property is too much for her too keep up - and yet she can't give it up. I can't imagine what she's going through.
I told her not to do anything she's not comfortable with and it's not like she has to sell the house in order to live. I want her to do it at her own pace. She has time.

Oh and we are going to pig out at my sisters house. We all cook (5 sisters) so it's disgusting how much and how good the food is.

Then there's the Alabama/Auburn football game on Sat that I'm going to help cook for.
So.. all in all it's going to be busy and fun.

:sad:

for the first time ever in my 34 years I will not be spending time with my family. I'm actually devastated now that it's closer to the holiday. I knew it was coming so I've tried not to be upset about it. But I just started a 2nd job at a Target store where I had to spend hours the other day ringing up groceries and cute decorations for the holiday so it really hit me then that I'm missing out on something this year. I currrently live in Arizona while home and the family is Minnesota. My sister, who I live with, will be leaving to go home for Thursday. I think if she were staying here I wouldn't be so upset. But I'll be at work from 2 to 11 pm instead of with my family at my aunt and uncle's house. I work at a resort so getting my hands on Thanksgiving dinner won't be too hard. I've already had my fill of pumpkin and pecan pie this week :reject: :barf: I usually spend the few days prior to Thanksgiving making 5 desserts for the family (pumpkin, pecan, chocolate mousse and apple pies plus a cranberry cheesecake). This year my mom has to do it all and has been whining for at least a month about it. I'll spend the morning talking on the phone with my family and a few friends and then off to work. Being alone away from home during a holiday that I love makes me want to cry.......:(

Wake up late after the Coldplay concert, drive to the sister-in-law's house (where our son spent the night), wait all friggin' day, doing nothing, read every single ad in the paper, some twice, go running, eat dinner, wonder how much longer we have to stay with in-laws before we can go home.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom