What are your Thanksgiving plans? - Page 3 - U2 Feedback

Go Back   U2 Feedback > Lypton Village > Lemonade Stand
Click Here to Login

Old 11-25-2008, 09:28 AM   #31
Blue Crack Addict

Local Time: 07:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post

for the first time ever in my 34 years I will not be spending time with my family. I'm actually devastated now that it's closer to the holiday. I knew it was coming so I've tried not to be upset about it. But I just started a 2nd job at a Target store where I had to spend hours the other day ringing up groceries and cute decorations for the holiday so it really hit me then that I'm missing out on something this year. I currrently live in Arizona while home and the family is Minnesota. My sister, who I live with, will be leaving to go home for Thursday. I think if she were staying here I wouldn't be so upset. But I'll be at work from 2 to 11 pm instead of with my family at my aunt and uncle's house. I work at a resort so getting my hands on Thanksgiving dinner won't be too hard. I've already had my fill of pumpkin and pecan pie this week I usually spend the few days prior to Thanksgiving making 5 desserts for the family (pumpkin, pecan, chocolate mousse and apple pies plus a cranberry cheesecake). This year my mom has to do it all and has been whining for at least a month about it. I'll spend the morning talking on the phone with my family and a few friends and then off to work. Being alone away from home during a holiday that I love makes me want to cry.......

If you weren't working, I'd offer to have you down to Sierra Vista with us but.. see above post

Old 11-25-2008, 12:38 PM   #32
Blue Crack Supplier

Local Time: 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by arw View Post

for the first time ever in my 34 years I will not be spending time with my family. I'm actually devastated now that it's closer to the holiday. I knew it was coming so I've tried not to be upset about it. But I just started a 2nd job at a Target store where I had to spend hours the other day ringing up groceries and cute decorations for the holiday so it really hit me then that I'm missing out on something this year. I currrently live in Arizona while home and the family is Minnesota. My sister, who I live with, will be leaving to go home for Thursday. I think if she were staying here I wouldn't be so upset. But I'll be at work from 2 to 11 pm instead of with my family at my aunt and uncle's house. I work at a resort so getting my hands on Thanksgiving dinner won't be too hard. I've already had my fill of pumpkin and pecan pie this week I usually spend the few days prior to Thanksgiving making 5 desserts for the family (pumpkin, pecan, chocolate mousse and apple pies plus a cranberry cheesecake). This year my mom has to do it all and has been whining for at least a month about it. I'll spend the morning talking on the phone with my family and a few friends and then off to work. Being alone away from home during a holiday that I love makes me want to cry.......

Old 11-25-2008, 01:20 PM   #33
Blue Crack Addict

I'm putting the Chihuahua and a bunch of food and wine in the car, and driving up to Denver tomorrow to spend a few days with my best friend and his boyfriend, and a few other friends. My family is back east, gas is cheap, and I love a road trip.
Old 11-25-2008, 05:40 PM   #34
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 10:51 AM
This evening we're doing an ingredients roll call and compiling a list of the odds and ends we still need to get, that we'll be picking up in the morning. Tomorrow afternoon/evening will be home to cleaning up and preparing desserts. Thursday morning is the parade. I'll be spending a couple hours with my dad in the midday hours and then it's time for dinner here at my new place.
Old 11-25-2008, 06:45 PM   #35
Blue Crack Distributor

I can't wait for turkey. I had a friend's Thanksgiving last Thursday with the girl's from work, so I'm ready for seconds.
Old 11-25-2008, 07:23 PM   #36
Rock n' Roll Doggie

Location: and if you don't know where you're going...any road will take you there..
Local Time: 09:51 AM
spending the day with my husband's family, which will probably just mean food, football and me falling asleep on a couch while my mother-in-law and aunts figure out where they're going for "Black Friday" shopping.
Old 11-26-2008, 01:17 AM   #37
Resident Photo Buff
Forum Moderator

Local Time: 08:51 AM
I'm going to my sister's tomorrow afternoon and spending Thanksgiving with them. The arrangement is that she and her husband make the dinner, and I bring along some really good wine.

When talking to her on the phone today, my sister told her kids that "Uncle Adam is coming tomorrow afternoon!" I heard squeals of joy (I hope ) in the background. Thank God I've been getting in shape... those two are a handful!
Old 11-26-2008, 01:49 AM   #38
Blue Crack Addict

Family, food (my gym is open) and apparently dad is mastering guitar hero It's going to be a nice thanksgiving
Old 11-26-2008, 02:42 AM   #39
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 06:51 AM
I braved the crowds at the grocery store this afternoon and bought a turkey breast and all the usual Thanksgiving fixin's so I'll be cooking and will see if I have company or not. I have to make my own pumpkin pie though because all the frozen pumpkin pies were gone. I'm looking forward to a nice Thanksgiving, and left overs
Old 11-26-2008, 10:16 AM   #40
Blue Crack Distributor

Change of plans for me, instead of my aunt cooking, now my mom is. My aunt broke her ankle.
Old 11-26-2008, 12:02 PM   #41
Galeonbroad

Local Time: 03:51 PM
Just another day at Uni in the lab.

I envy you all, I love turkey! We never eat it!
Don't worry baby, it's gonna be all right. Uncertainty can be a guiding light...
Galeongirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 12:25 PM   #42
genius of compression
Forum Moderator

Going to my husband's grandmother's house to spend the day with his family, who are much more fun than mine.

Just need to head out to the grocery store to get a couple of ingredient for my dishes. Oh boy I can't wait.

neutral @ interference.com
neutral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2008, 02:26 PM   #43
Rock n' Roll Doggie
VIP PASS

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiny dancer View Post
It's these times when I miss my parents the most.
Old 11-26-2008, 03:52 PM   #44
ONE
love, blood, life

Local Time: 08:51 AM
TD and Arw

Hope everyone has a very nice Thanksgiving
Old 11-26-2008, 06:29 PM   #45
Blue Crack Overdose
Get me off the internetz!

Local Time: 06:51 AM
My son decided to come over tonite and make corned beef and cabbage pizza as our makeshift "Thanksgiving" since his "family" will be arriving sometime tomorrow from their drive across country and their big move to San Diego. His son will finally be here with him and I will finally get to meet the little guy this weekend sometime!