What are your favorite shaving products?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

purpleoscar

Rock n' Roll Doggie ALL ACCESS
I've been getting into luxury shaving and finally getting good results:

Shaving cream
proraso-shavingsoap.jpg

Safety razor
carlton-safety-razor.jpg

Blades
DSCN1033.JPG

Aftershave balm "West Indian Limes"
_truefitt_and_hill__west_indian_limes_aftershave_balm_60_1.jpg

What products do you guys swear by?

Something about that video made me cringe :crack:
3 shaves in a row? I can feel my skin burning just thinking about it
I havent actually shaved my face clean for as long as i can remember. I keep a little bit of stubble with an electric razor. I do shave my neck and a little around my upper cheek area with a Mach 3 to keep it well groomed though.
This thread is sort of hilarious

Something about that video made me cringe :crack:
3 shaves in a row? I can feel my skin burning just thinking about it
I havent actually shaved my face clean for as long as i can remember. I keep a little bit of stubble with an electric razor. I do shave my neck and a little around my upper cheek area with a Mach 3 to keep it well groomed though.
This thread is sort of hilarious

If done properly 3 passes is normal (though not as fast as that guy) when using a double edge razor. The Proraso really cools the skin and rinsing with cold water closes off pores reducing any nicks and cuts, though the ideal is a perfect shave with no cuts.

Bath and Body Works shaving products for men are good

To minimize bumps don't use a razor with too many blades and use an exfoliating scrub (a more expensive one with smaller grains that's not too harsh) 2 or 3 times a week (it removes the dead skin cells that the hair grows back into) or use a moisturizer with AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) in it. Or use a product that's specifically for shaving bumps that has AHAs in it.

I get red bumps on the right side of my neck everytime I shave. Always have. Kinda of annoying. Nothing seems to fix it though... :(

:hmm:

I used to get that every once in a while, then someone suggested a "Sensitive Skin shaving cream and to change the blade on the razor every month:...it worked.

Bath and Body Works shaving products for men are good

To minimize bumps don't use a razor with too many blades and use an exfoliating scrub (a more expensive one with smaller grains that's not too harsh) 2 or 3 times a week (it removes the dead skin cells that the hair grows back into) or use a moisturizer with AHA's (alpha hydroxy acids) in it. Or use a product that's specifically for shaving bumps that has AHAs in it.

i use this:

38137003342_220x220_a.jpg

My brother once wanted to spit fire, so he put gas in his mouth with a cigarette lighter, put the lighter on and blew. The last time he did it he burned away some nose hair. :hyper: (luckily he wasn't injured. For a few weeks he didn't have to cut away those nasty nose hairs sticking out!)

Ever since I saw Sweeny Todd, I swear by the straight razor, right outta the hot shower so your face is good and warm, then lather it up and go for it. Nothing like a good close shave.

Ever since I saw Sweeny Todd, I swear by the straight razor, right outta the hot shower so your face is good and warm, then lather it up and go for it. Nothing like a good close shave.

Cool. I'm still practicing with my double edge safety razor. Now that my technique is improving I got better blades. What a difference!

I love these blades.

razorblades.JPG

Smooth experience and I can buff my whiskers without ravaging my skin.

Back
Top Bottom