Washington DC or Chicago and Orlando or Miami

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AcrobatMan

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Song of the week "sentimental" by Porcupine Tree
Hi

I can only visit 2 more cities in USA ( given I dont get a lot of vacation from work). I've already visited NYC and Niagara Falls.

Im planning something near the east coast ( preferred ). I plan to visit in December.. ( for tourism purposes )

I thought

either Chicago or Washinton DC

and Miami or Orlando..

Read all over internet.

What's ur suggestion ? I cant visit all because of limited holidays I have and limited budget !! SUggestion please :sexywink:

WDC / Orlando

Obama + mickey mouse = :up:

I changed it, because of the limited budget... Wash. and Orlando are closer

Last edited:
I'd pick DC/Miami, but I go to Chicago all the time and have always wanted to go to DC...and isn't stuff free in DC?

Im planning something near the east coast ( preferred ). I plan to visit in December.. ( for tourism purposes )

Well, Chicago is nowhere near the East Coast and Washington DC is...so DC would probably make more sense for the whole East Coast thing. Also, Chicago can be almost unbearably cold in December. I'm not sure about the weather in DC. It's probably pretty damn cold there too in December. That being said, Chicago is the greatest city in the world so you really can't go wrong with it. Make sure to pack your heaviest winter coat, though.

I enjoyed some spontaneous wacky adventures in Orlando with strangers the last time I was there. Universal has some sweet rides, and at night the upper deck is a strip with night clubs. Going to theme parks is really all I did though, and if it weren't for my discount from the conference I played hooky from, it could've been super expensive.

DC has loads of stuff to do for free! I used to live there, so I'm sort of biased, but there is so much going on. While you're there pick up a copy of the express to find info on events taking place and such.

December is cold, skip Chicago.

Orlando is like some kind of suburban nightmare aside from WDW. So unless you want to go see the Mouse, go to Miami. And if you have time, drive out to Key West - now that is a trip that's worth it.

I enjoyed some spontaneous wacky adventures in Orlando with strangers the last time I was there. Universal has some sweet rides, and at night the upper deck is a strip with night clubs. Going to theme parks is really all I did though, and if it weren't for my discount from the conference I played hooky from, it could've been super expensive.

DC has loads of stuff to do for free! I used to live there, so I'm sort of biased, but there is so much going on. While you're there pick up a copy of the express to find info on events taking place and such.
seconding this. there is more to orlando than disney, thankfully :D

dc is a must see for everyone i think.

seconding this. there is more to orlando than disney, thankfully :D

dc is a must see for everyone i think.

Definitely.

Go Orlando/DC or Chicago/DC.

All Miami has got going for it is Miami Beach, The Dolphins, being an extension of Cuba, and cocaine.

DC absolutely. All the Smithsonian museums are free, and you could spend a week in some of them and not see everything. I highly recommend the Air and Space and American History museums. The zoo is also very nice and free, as well.

Chicago is a great city but I would recommend visiting when the weather is warm. Already it's getting pretty damn cold here.

You can't go wrong with visting DC it's pretty cool there
agreed. i went in march of last year and i was lucky it was unseasonably warm. i planned for it being freezing cold...luckily it only rained one evening too so i had an awesome trip :drool:

Definitely a good choice going for DC over Chicago (which I do like a lot, but not...) in December. Unless there's a freak cold snap it'll be warm enough to walk around comfortably all day.

I'd go for Miami over Orlando (unless you want to do the Disney thing), it's a more culturally interesting city and if nothing else, you got the beach!

DC, though I've never been. Sent my daughter with her 8th grade class earlier this year & she had a great time in the short amount of days she was there. She definitely needed more time to do/see things, and wants to go back & show Mom & Dad around :) Someday!!! :pray:

WHY would anyone go to Miami on purpose? I look for every opportunity to leave.

Well you could come here. It's snowed for 11 straight days. Today it took me 20 minutes at 8 am to scrape my car which had about a half an inch of ice on it, covered by almost a foot of snow. Then you could go and spend $800+ on a set of winter tires that you'll just have to replace again in April or May. And your skin will go super dry until your elbows hurt, your nose will run constantly approximately 2 minutes after stepping out into the great outdoors. That's to say nothing of the fact you won't see the sun for 5 more months.

Perhaps that will clarify a little. :hmm:

Back
Top Bottom