Update on the 'U2 stigmatic' story

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
'Outline' of Bono appears on tree

Local radio is reporting that residents in the west Limerick town of Rathkeale say an “outline” of Bono has allegedly appeared on a tree in church grounds in the town.

The report says a number of people “noticed the outline of the Holy One in a tree cut down as part of a cleanup operation at a church” on Monday.

Live95FM says a large crowd had gathered at St. Mary’s church Monday night with a “steady flow of people today as the news spreads”.

A chairman of the local community council told local radio in an interview, “Certainly there was a figure of a rock singer, it was eerie looking i’ll be honest with you”, “It’s hard to describe it really; you’d nearly want to see it”.

NEW DETAILS
Locals in the area have now signed a petition preventing the removal of the tree from the grounds of the church with some saying it’s a ‘divine intervention’.

It comes as a local priest calls for restraint.“There’s nothing there, it’s just a godamn tree. People shouldn’t be worshipping a tree. I mean, for feck's sakes. Be off with ye, heathens is all ye are”, Fr Willie O'Brien said.

NEW DETAILS
Almost 2,000 people in Rathkeale have now signed a petition to keep the tree stump as a permanent fixture where it stands on church grounds.

I think I just did a U2 '360' in my living room, at this auspicious news (that is, if it can be trusted).

Any word on whether the Rev. Al Sharpton will be coming to investigate the matter?

I just got back from the crowd. One eyewitness was quoted as saying, "I'm gonna uproot that there tree, I wanna know where da gold at. I want da gold. Gimme da gold. I want da gold."

Another said, "To me it look like Bono, all you gotta do is look at da tree." He then turned to the crowd and said, "How many of y'all seen the Bono, say 'YEAH!'" This garnered a response of dozens of "YEAH!" shouts.

Aidan: I'm interested in this documentary evidence of yours, which suggests Irish people have a rudimentary (at best) grasp of the English language.

What do you think of de U2, Aidan O'Leary? Dem U2 fellehs, what's your take on dem yerself?

Aidan: I'm interested in this documentary evidence of yours, which suggests Irish people have a rudimentary (at best) grasp of the English language.
I'll keep you in the loop. I'm thinking they could be a good subject group for a type of controlled experiment in the future, something possibly involving the spread of a virus. Are you familiar with any?
What do you think of de U2, Aidan O'Leary? Dem U2 fellehs, what's your take on dem yerself?
My take is that if Bono's outline has a pot of gold, he better hand that shit over.

I also enjoy the biceps of that drummer. He's damn good.

It comes as a local priest calls for restraint.“There’s nothing there, it’s just a godamn tree. People shouldn’t be worshipping a tree. I mean, for feck's sakes. Be off with ye, heathens is all ye are”, Fr Willie O'Brien said.

:up:
I have visuals of Fr Darragh (my Irish priest) saying this.

this is quality.

Bono accepts bribe from Croke Park residents to stop singing after 3 day continuous singathon.

Principle Management PLC in talks with EU to increase weapons trade, improve Clarence security

Turnover expected to increase 40 per cent in new fiscal year or 'U2 will undergo radical personnel changes': McGuinness

Principle Management PLC set to trim up to 50,000 staff

Principle Management PLC to increase defence spending by €180 million

Popular minstrel band 'U2'

Hoorah for the popular minstrel band 'U2'!

Mr Hewson, Mr Evans, Mr Clayton and Mr Mullen decided to form a blackface minstrel band upon being sent down from Trinity College last Michaelmas. The public school educated foursome proved something of an overnight sensation, and ever since have been wowing audiences at band stands, village greens and sleazy nightclubs all over the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland, and are proving particularly popular with lady patrons.

The fine fellows of 'U2' are not just song and dance men, but also display a keen interest in world affairs.

'I like that little man they have in Germany now', said the dapper Mr Clayton (pronouncing Germany 'Chairmany'), 'I do wish we had someone like that in Blighty to sort out the proles and the strikers. Mr Hilter makes the trains run on time too. Why, just yesterday, I desired to catch the three o'clock tram from Kingstown to Harcourt, but the dratted thing was ten minutes late, causing me to be late for my tea time appointment with the Dowager of Rathgar! These people should be thrashed, it's the only language they understand!'

Mr Mullen, chuckling wryly at the madness of it all, nodded his head in agreement.

Unfortunately I cannot comment on whether there was or was not such a meeting.

I just wanted to add that I have been served with a Principle Management cease and desist order and unfortunately can issue no further comment on this matter.

Bono/Chris Martin to release duet cover version of Chicago's 1980's MOR classic "You're the Inspiration".

Sing it with me!!

Edge Seeks Compassionate Release from Clarence Bunker: Sources

Principle Controlled Territories Surrounded, Forced to Drill For Water

Vigorous Debate Over Post-Principle 'New World Orde
r'

Clarence Hotel Youth Will Fight For a Brighter Tomorrow: McGuinness

Principle territories now restricted to square mile: Rampant Rage Flu, Swine Like Symptoms

McGuinness warns Mullen on militia links.
Edge tasered at La Guardia Airport baggage reclaim.

World in Crisis

The world stands on the brink of war tonight.

The banning of well-known internet forum poster Zoots/Zootlesque from the forum of the multi-billion hedge fund 'interference.com' has sparked off a chain of unprecedented events, with claim and counterclaim rebounding off each other.

While the banning attracted little attention at first, it is believed that the Principle Management organisation got wind of the news some time earlier this week, and a growing chasm developed, with some, alleged to include Principle chief Paul McGuinness and U2 bassist Adam Clayton, taking the side of the interference corporation, while others backed Zoots. High level meetings were held Tuesday in an attempt to defuse the row, but the situation took a dramatic turn after Bono took charge of Principle's Praetorian Guard, an elite group of fighters previously assumed to be loyal to McGuinness, chartered a jumbo jet, and decamped to New York.

Accompanied by a group of supporters numbering up to 3,000 by some accounts, Bono, Larry Mullen and Kofi Annan, each of them bearded and clad in cloaks and sandals ('like Olde Testament prophets', one observer was heard to opine) stood vigil for Zoots outside Interference.com's Manhattan headquarters, praying and fasting. "Zoots is our John the Baptist, our Jesus, our Michael Jackson", one supporter was heard to acclaim, before breaking down into sobs, through which the words "Why, Sicy, why?" were barely audible.

Zootlesque, hiding out in the Appalachian Mountains, was not available for comment, but through a spokesman pleaded for 'calm heads to prevail' and 'for the victory Jesus won'.

Over the world's capitals tonight, the air is heavy. Heavy as a truck.

I should clarify guys that John the Baptist was the one who foretold of the coming of the messiah, not the messiah per se. And Michael Jackson was a pop singer. It's some confused allusions you have going on there, but I take away the message that Zoots is a preacher who may or may not be the main show, and who may or may not be dressed in a military uniform.

Can we have all U2 stories in this thread from now on. All U2 stories in here. Thenk you.

Back
Top Bottom