UK & Ireland people - need help with sweets!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

snowbunny00774

ONE love, blood, life
Hey there,

what the hell is the name of the sweets that come in a package that are little squares, have a biscuit part inside the chocolate and come in either a toffee(maybe it's caramel actually) or chocolate centre. I think the packages might be red for one kind and green for another, they are longer than a pack of rolos and this is going to drive me mental. I want some, and need to tell my friend what to bring back but can't think of it. If you can help I'll send you some shitty north american candy. yay.

pls help.

That sounds very much like Munchies and Mintolas to me which are both completely yumm! :drool::drool:

That sounds very much like Munchies and Mintolas to me which are both completely yumm! :drool::drool:

susanp, am I glad you ventured down here...thank you - it's munchies I was thinking of and was losing the tiny shreds of mind I had left over it. :bow:

what would you like sent your way, as promised?

LOL yeah, Munchies for sure! and I had these way back in the 80s as a kid and Im SO sure they taste a lot different these days.

and Mintolas are now bloody called Mint Munchies, which SUCKS! :down:
Bring back the old name!

Sicy mentions foreign sweets, my fav has to be Swedish chocolate. :wink:

Toblerone chocolate is by far the best, so is Milka and Lindt! Swiss Chocs :drool: I do not have a sweet tooth but those are yummylicious!

I heard someone mention a KitKat at work one day and ever since I have really, really wanted a KitKat. Now I wouldn't mind a pack of Munchies. :sad:

Cadbury Creme Egg anyone?

images

I heard someone mention a KitKat at work one day and ever since I have really, really wanted a KitKat. Now I wouldn't mind a pack of Munchies. :sad:

I never much cared for KitKats until I tried the Canadian version. It's beyond comprehension how much better they are than the American ones. In fact, I stopped at a Costco the last time Jess and I were up north, and bought a box of 48 of them. :giggle:

I never much cared for KitKats until I tried the Canadian version. It's beyond comprehension how much better they are than the American ones. In fact, I stopped at a Costco the last time Jess and I were up north, and bought a box of 48 of them. :giggle:

So much chocolate :drool:

I've never tried American, or Canadian, ones. :D They were something I'd never have eaten at home and now I can't find them here - I've been informed they do sell them here though - I really want one :lol:

Im SO sure they taste a lot different these days.

I think so too, they're not as nice as I remember. I bet it's that bloody Labour Government making them take out chemical preservatives for the good of our health!!!
:angry:

:lol: KitKat Chunky's are even better, but I prefer the European ones to Canadian ones. I first discovered them when I was over there 8 years ago, and like you, had to bring a huge box of them home with me. :)

I think so too, they're not as nice as I remember. I bet it's that bloody Labour Government making them take out chemical preservatives for the good of our health!!!
:angry:

yeah I havent even tasted the 'new' Smarties, but hear they taste shitty.

:down:

but you know what Quiet? maybe as we got older and out tastes changed, they just seem crappier. :wink:

:lol: KitKat Chunky's are even better, but I prefer the European ones to Canadian ones. I first discovered them when I was over there 8 years ago, and like you, had to bring a huge box of them home with me. :)

Thora, know what I miss? seriously miss, from the Kitkat line? the passion-fruit ones they had out for a while couple of years back - they were GORGEOUS! I hate chunky Kits, but the passion ones as chunky were the fuking balls! :up::up:

Back
Top Bottom